WBP Freelap

June 9, 2011, 9:35 p.m.

I don't know…..Brits have done OK in the last 15+ years with 5 minute DH tracks with tractor and trailer shuttles! Canadians just need to lay off the bongs for more than five minutes ;)

he is talking about a DH race course, on Whistler, that is a one continueous track, that does not cross another trail, therefore no chances of collisions and the rider can pin it without worry that they are gonna smoke someone, Canandian Open Course comes close, but it uses Joyride, crosses Schleyer, Old Oly Road and meets up with Lower Joyride, crosses HOD, the Biker X, and meets up with Lower Aline and the GLC drops, Garbo is the place to build this wonder track but I doubt we will see this in the next year/2 years….most tracks in the UK are (from what I have seen) continueous from top to bottom….

mtbskierdad

June 9, 2011, 9:46 p.m.

he is talking about a DH race course, on Whistler, that is a one continueous track, that does not cross another trail, therefore no chances of collisions and the rider can pin it without worry that they are gonna smoke someone, Canandian Open Course comes close, but it uses Joyride, crosses Schleyer, Old Oly Road and meets up with Lower Joyride, crosses HOD, the Biker X, and meets up with Lower Aline and the GLC drops, Garbo is the place to build this wonder track but I doubt we will see this in the next year/2 years….most tracks in the UK are (from what I have seen) continueous from top to bottom….

Yeah I know, and it would be awesome I'm sure. I'm just pointing out that Canadians are far from being at a disadvantage from not having a course like this when most of the DH courses in the UK that I can think of (Hopton, Bringewood, Eastridge, Wharncliffe, Cwm Carn, Forest Of Dean, Cannock Chase, Inners etc…..) are all only a few minutes long and are piss easy compared to almost all Whistler trails. You can't blame the trails on Canadians lack of success on the World scene. BC has more gnar than the rest of the world put together.

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 10, 2011, 3:32 a.m.

Yeah I know, and it would be awesome I'm sure. I'm just pointing out that Canadians are far from being at a disadvantage from not having a course like this when most of the DH courses in the UK that I can think of (Hopton, Bringewood, Eastridge, Wharncliffe, Cwm Carn, Forest Of Dean, Cannock Chase, Inners etc…..) are all only a few minutes long and are piss easy compared to almost all Whistler trails. You can't blame the trails on Canadians lack of success on the World scene. BC has more gnar than the rest of the world put together.

shutttt uppp

loam_luver

June 10, 2011, 7:57 a.m.

shutttt uppp

LOL.

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 10, 2011, 9 a.m.

What has really brought UK riders to the fore is that they have always been willing to travel to ride/race.

Peat was average until his trips to spend the winter in Cali, the Athertons follow the same program. Now it is de riguer to spend fall/winter somewhere sunny, and it seems Brits are down with this.
No surprise that the Aussies and Kiwis are fast - they race their winter on the WC circuit, then race their summer at home.

^ That's Canadas disadvantage. General Winter.

Freelap at Whistler is just another reason for "entitled" whining, corner cutting lines and people being scared off trails.

June 10, 2011, 9:14 a.m.

Freelap at Whistler is just another reason for "entitled" whining, corner cutting lines and people being scared off trails.

agree, hope I'm proven wrong, although not holding out much hope

June 10, 2011, 9:22 a.m.

the trails designated for freelap should also have signs warning the dipsy doodlers to keep off. If they are going to promote timed laps, they should also make sure riders can safely take advantage of it.

June 10, 2011, 9:34 a.m.

strange . . . this is the first i've heard of it , and i work there :lol:

June 11, 2011, 7:54 p.m.

strange . . . this is the first i've heard of it , and i work there :lol:

It's in finestones park update on the site.

WhistlerActionCams.com

June 14, 2011, 8:06 p.m.

Worst. Idea. Ever! Unless it's on a closed trail. Then it will be rad. If not, better put a UFC cage at the bottom.

June 14, 2011, 11:11 p.m.

Worst. Idea. Ever! Unless it's on a closed trail. Then it will be rad. If not, better put a UFC cage at the bottom.

:lol:

June 14, 2011, 11:18 p.m.

If it were installed on say Canadian Open, and Whistler Downhill, I don't imagine there would be too many issues.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 15, 2011, 6:11 p.m.

I want free lap timers on b-line, with a boxing ring under the chair where schlayer and bline meet. the amount of neon bikes on the side/ off the trail would be ridiculous.

June 15, 2011, 9:52 p.m.

New Canadian site is Live! Check it out! www.FreelapCanada.com

www.freelapCanada.com
freedom of timing

June 17, 2011, 4:02 a.m.

B-line? Really? Boring.

I would think that if it was on the double black trails it would scare the kooks away.

On your left beotch!!

insert catchy phrase here.