WBP Expanding in 2013?

May 4, 2013, 9:49 a.m.

yeah i remember even a few years ago we had a really good opening and they saved dm for later.

May 5, 2013, 6:07 a.m.

My sources are telling me that almost the whole Fitz zone is already melted out, and what isn't melted out has been dug out, with the exception of Angry P. So there is a possibility of the WHOLE lower zone being open. The full trail crew starts this week so we shall see. Definitely looks like more trails will be openable than the last two years.

I pedalled up and rode HOD from the water tower yesterday as part of my valley XC loop. Stoked

It's not usually a question of "saving it for later" it's usually about making sure that the trail can handle 1000's of bikes in a day and not get smashed. Some times a trail like Dirt Merchant can look like its ready, and be able to withstand 10 or 20 bikes without showing any problems, but turn into a total mud pie shit pile once the hordes are unleashed. This happens when only the top couple centimetres was dry, and the water was lurking just under the surface. Over the years the crew has learned that waiting that extra day or two to make sure it's truly dry, hard and ready can avoid a lot of time consuming and expensive repairs.

freakin squamish hicks that can't even get pogey right. go back to your meth pipe

May 5, 2013, 9:16 a.m.

totally.
tbh i would much rather trails be held back until they are past ready then have them destroyed just to have it open. DM is a perfect example of this.