WBP 21

July 15, 2021, 12:20 p.m.

Sorry, I got used to calling upper aline section 1 after the entrance was closed last year.

I think he skips out the new berms and the stepup because he doesn't get enough speed or the berms are too tight, and comes out to the last few berms on crabs. 

He might also exit A-line right before the rollers into the tombstone, and ride down crabapple turns. Regardless, it scared the shit out of me when he flew by.

July 15, 2021, 12:30 p.m.

Posted by: Angu58

Sorry, I got used to calling upper aline section 1 after the entrance was closed last year.

I think he skips out the new berms and the stepup because he doesn't get enough speed or the berms are too tight, and comes out to the last few berms on crabs. 

He might also exit A-line right before the rollers into the tombstone, and ride down crabapple turns. Regardless, it scared the shit out of me when he flew by.

He bails before the tombstone then does Crab Turns.

Whatever the case, the Dirty/Crabs/Aline/Angry junction is a shit show and wish there was a way to keep a path clear through aline and crabs for the times you just want to hit aline at mach 900.

July 16, 2021, 7:52 p.m.

Lines were non existent this evening (Friday) yet it seemed like the park was packed. Hit traffic on lower Aline on almost all my runs.  Seems like there was so many people on the trails

July 16, 2021, 9:21 p.m.

Posted by: dknapton

Lines were non existent this evening (Friday) yet it seemed like the park was packed. Hit traffic on lower Aline on almost all my runs.  Seems like there was so many people on the trails

That's a result of Fitz now being used at more than 40% upload capacity.

July 21, 2021, 8:20 a.m.

Bike park individual day lift ticket - on the website it says $83. Is this the same as the walk-up window price or is the $83 a discounted price for buying in advance?

July 24, 2021, 10:31 p.m.

I have it on good authority we can hit the biggest jumps on Monday.

July 25, 2021, 2:30 p.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

Bike park individual day lift ticket - on the website it says $83. Is this the same as the walk-up window price or is the $83 a discounted price for buying in advance?

Window price is 83 right now

July 25, 2021, 8:10 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Testing is supposed to happen tomorrow. No promises but it's on its way.

July 25, 2021, 8:19 p.m.

Posted by: nickel

Posted by: ReductiMat

Testing is supposed to happen tomorrow. No promises but it's on its way.

I can't remember it all looking that fresh and good ever.  Can't wait.

I just noticed a new trail called Tatiana on the Trail Status page... are we going to find out about that one soon?

July 25, 2021, 10:12 p.m.

I just noticed a new trail called Tatiana on the Trail Status page... are we going to find out about that one soon?

Looks like it's between Devils Club and B-Line

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/tatiana/

July 25, 2021, 10:19 p.m.

Posted by: TheWasp

Looks like it's between Devils Club and B-Line

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/tatiana/

Ahhhhh, I know that spot. I thought that was just a rider-forced trail braid.

July 25, 2021, 11:03 p.m.

Isn't that the one that was "revealed" in a Remy video where he follows a young shredder around?

July 26, 2021, 12:14 a.m.

Yep, that's the one. I went down it a last week, but now it has a rope in front of the entrance. Immediately after that video, it got way worse.

Nickel, any idea if the trail crew will turn any more these loamers into actual trails? I know of plenty in garbo that would be very well suited for steep single and double black tech. I get that the alt lines for some trails are highly frowned upon (Tech Noir chicken line) but there are lots that feel like standalone trails already.

July 26, 2021, 1:22 a.m.

Garbo loamers? Imagine if it was like the rogue fall line trails in Morzine on the Pleney.

July 27, 2021, 9:25 p.m.

So Crab-bapple opened today.  But it's really dusty.  Like really dusty.

The rock you need to rail to get the second jump is, "you should be a really good rider in the talcum powder" type.  That is not me.  In fact, I am awful in those conditions.

I lost my front wheel 3/3 going in there so gave up for today.  Sat around and watched others case the shit out of #2 so at least I'm not alone.

nickel, any chance we can point that firehose at the rock?  Or maybe give me permission to bring my battery powered leaf blower up there to clear it out?

FWIW, the jumps and the final wedge are the best they've ever been.