WBP 21

June 23, 2021, 8:35 a.m.

Lots of new trails in the trail status page... including two new Fitz trails!? Old Oly and Out of Site... 

Nickel, can you confirm or deny that Line of Control is a jump trail?

June 23, 2021, 12:03 p.m.

Line of control is a tech trail in the creekside CRA but outside of the bike park. Built as a more sustainable alternative to Kush for riders coming down the backside of peak. It's been around a while and is on trailforks.

Last edited by: BeesIntheTrap on June 23, 2021, 12:03 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 23, 2021, 1:21 p.m.

Old Oly is the connector where CIU meets up with Canadian Open etc where the bears like to hang out. I didn't really know you were allowed ride along that to get over to B-Line.

Out of Site seems to be a new blue trail that runs along parallel between Whistler DH and Fantastic. 

On a side note does anyone know where the Family Cross trail got its name? Progress on it is looking awesome right now, gonna be real nice this year. The beginner I was riding with asked me about the name and I realized I'd no idea.

June 24, 2021, 7:02 a.m.

Posted by: TheWasp

Old Oly is the connector where CIU meets up with Canadian Open etc where the bears like to hang out. I didn't really know you were allowed ride along that to get over to B-Line.

Out of Site seems to be a new blue trail that runs along parallel between Whistler DH and Fantastic. 

On a side note does anyone know where the Family Cross trail got its name? Progress on it is looking awesome right now, gonna be real nice this year. The beginner I was riding with asked me about the name and I realized I'd no idea.

At one point it was 4 cross (X). Then it became double vision (1 year only, parallel lines. Like a super sized dual slalom) which then became the gravel (or maybe it was someone's name, history accounts differ) cross (x) or GX. At some point, it was deemed more beneficial to have another blue artery to get down to the bottom. You know, like, for families. Family X it was then.

June 24, 2021, 9:44 a.m.

Posted by: BeesIntheTrap

Line of control is a tech trail in the creekside CRA but outside of the bike park. Built as a more sustainable alternative to Kush for riders coming down the backside of peak. It's been around a while and is on trailforks.

Thanks.  Sad trombone for me then.

June 24, 2021, 9:45 a.m.

Posted by: TheWasp

No kidding!  I had no idea either.

June 30, 2021, 10 p.m.

Nickel, I don't know what made me think of this today but it randomly popped in to my head.

Do you guys use any kind of radius gauge for building lips or do you just go with experience and what "feels" right?

July 2, 2021, 10:29 a.m.

Masks no longer required in the line ups. Park running dusty, Delayed Fuse and Elixir still closed so creekside really really quiet

July 3, 2021, 3:01 p.m.

What are the fitz lineups like on the weekend?

July 3, 2021, 9:34 p.m.

It is simply not worth getting there before noon.  Normally I could get 4 laps in by 11 when we had a singles line.

We all know we don't have that, but the brick to the balls is the fucking priority line.  With summer camps and all the lessons I managed to get two laps in by 11:45.

The lines don't look long, but when the priority queue is filled to the brim, sit back fucker, you're gonna be there for a long time.

July 3, 2021, 11:15 p.m.

Did laps from 6-closing tonight, pretty much straight on every time, it was great

July 7, 2021, 8:28 a.m.

Any idea when they'll be bringing the singles line back and letting unrelated people sit on the lift together? Possible for this to happen this season or is this a 2022 thing? Because I think that's the main bottleneck now, right?

July 9, 2021, 12:10 p.m.

Maybe they could fit 2 unrelated folks on the lift if they sat on opposite sides of the chair?

July 9, 2021, 1:35 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Maybe they could fit 2 unrelated folks on the lift if they sat on opposite sides of the chair?

We have been allowed to do it all year, but there’s no signage.

The top part of A-Line is open now and it’s so much better than ever.  We even have a hip to play with now.

July 9, 2021, 2:10 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: Stuminator

We have been allowed to do it all year, but there’s no signage.

The top part of A-Line is open now and it’s so much better than ever. We even have a hip to play with now.

I'm not even confident enough on jumps to attempt A-Line (getting there, slowly), but even I think the new top section looked amazing while under construction.

Last edited by: idle on July 9, 2021, 2:10 p.m., edited 1 time in total.