WBP 21

July 9, 2021, 5:50 p.m.

So much for my plan of avoiding the bike park, I just won a park day pass through work.

July 12, 2021, 5:49 p.m.

Anyone know when Dwayne is going to open? I miss connecting Schleyer to crack addict with speed…

July 12, 2021, 6:22 p.m.

With the lack of rain, is the park pretty clapped out?

July 12, 2021, 11:21 p.m.

Posted by: Taz123

With the lack of rain, is the park pretty clapped out?

Very dry.  ALine is running good, thanks to the irrigation system.

July 12, 2021, 11:25 p.m.

… the lifties are back to handing bikes off, and a whole bunch of the Fitz cattle lines were taken down.

Here’s hoping to whatever diety you love we are going back to normal loading (with a proper singles line).

I’ll say it again, don’t bother trying to ride Fitz when the priority lift queue is going, it royally fucks everything up.

July 13, 2021, 9:32 a.m.

Rode the bike park on Saturday and wasn't that dusty compared to Blackcomb trails.  Why does Kohut now get to go in the priority line?

#nodignoride

July 13, 2021, 10:02 a.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

Rode the bike park on Saturday and wasn't that dusty compared to Blackcomb trails. Why does Kohut now get to go in the priority line?

He never didn't. All quads and trikes are allowed to use it.

Whatever the case, looking at the cams the singles line is back and we're back to loading ala 2019. Halle-fuckin-luja.

Last edited by: ReductiMat on July 13, 2021, 10:03 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 13, 2021, 5:43 p.m.

Good to hear. Will be up at the end of the month.

July 13, 2021, 10:16 p.m.

So first things first, we are almost back to 2019.  A proper singles line is in and we are sitting altogether, unless you’re a tall ginger/blonde coach and then you say no to singles.

If you plan on riding Garbo/Creekside, prepare for levels of dust we don’t normally see till the end of August.  Misfire is fucking nuts right now… at one point I had no idea which way to go… and if you’re riding during twilight, make sure you go first as the sun and the dust will completely block everything.

The two new CS trails we went to visit were fun, but will likely be blown out soon so get there while you can.

A-Line’s irrigation system has it at the top of the list right now (I’m so not a fan of inches of talcum powder).

Pray for rain.

July 14, 2021, 8:52 a.m.

Was up on Sunday and it's definitely extremely dry. 

Curious as to how much use Creekside actually gets? Parked there and did 2 runs and that side of the hill seems like a ghost town. 

Good to hear the lift lines are back to normally.

July 14, 2021, 5:15 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

So first things first, we are almost back to 2019.  A proper singles line is in and we are sitting altogether, unless you’re a tall ginger/blonde coach and then you say no to singles.

If you plan on riding Garbo/Creekside, prepare for levels of dust we don’t normally see till the end of August.  Misfire is fucking nuts right now… at one point I had no idea which way to go… and if you’re riding during twilight, make sure you go first as the sun and the dust will completely block everything.

The two new CS trails we went to visit were fun, but will likely be blown out soon so get there while you can.

A-Line’s irrigation system has it at the top of the list right now (I’m so not a fan of inches of talcum powder).

Pray for rain.

They're still making employees adhere to prior guidelines for distancing on lifts. That coach would've been risking his job by joining another group. Don't like it? Him/her either. Complain to management.

July 14, 2021, 5:25 p.m.

Posted by: dknapton

Was up on Sunday and it's definitely extremely dry. 

Curious as to how much use Creekside actually gets? Parked there and did 2 runs and that side of the hill seems like a ghost town. 

Good to hear the lift lines are back to normally.

Me thinks expanding Creekside trails is a way to try and increase business at that base. More people parking & finishing up their day at that base-more money spent there-no more ghost town.

July 14, 2021, 10:52 p.m.

Posted by: nickel

They're still making employees adhere to prior guidelines for distancing on lifts. That coach would've been risking his job by joining another group. Don't like it? Him/her either. Complain to management.

On that day, the lifties were asking each group of non-fours if a single could go up with them, including coaches.

You'd think management would be able to articulate a message to said staff that coaches couldn't take up singles.

Regardless, time to open Crabs, no?

July 15, 2021, 1:10 a.m.

Well, the line is only recently back to normal. I'm sure it takes a while for everyone to catch up.

I forgot how interesting it was to eavesdrop on other people on the lift as a single. Always some things to chuckle at.

Kohut has a new exit for A-line section 1 - He comes ripping down the final Crabs berm, with no warning. He came within inches of hitting me on Tuesday. It kind of pissed me off, but there isn't much I can do.

I hope Crabs will be open by end of July (please Nickel?), and I want to hit it. I'm a much better rider than when it was last open.

2020 Santa Cruz V10 29

2020 Specialized Enduro

July 15, 2021, 1:55 a.m.

Posted by: Angu58

Kohut has a new exit for A-line section 1 - He comes ripping down the final Crabs berm, with no warning. He came within inches of hitting me on Tuesday. It kind of pissed me off, but there isn't much I can do.

Sorry, what? I don't quite understand what he's doing here. I feel like you're calling upper a-line section 1 given the crab reference? Why would he not just ride down a-line?

FYI if you're talking about the part where a-line comes out into the halfway meeting area, we call that zone 2 of a-line. 

Please clarify what new shenanigans this is.