WBP 20

Oct. 12, 2020, 7:06 a.m.

Agreed. It's a creekside thing. "But I live over here" is a pretty common refrain when confronting poachers. 

My recent favorite is a guy who rocks up on active tree felling. I ask him how many closures he rode past to get to where he is, to which he replied "soooo many"

Oct. 12, 2020, 11:53 a.m.

Posted by: nickel

Agreed. It's a creekside thing. "But I live over here" is a pretty common refrain when confronting poachers. 

My recent favorite is a guy who rocks up on active tree felling. I ask him how many closures he rode past to get to where he is, to which he replied "soooo many"

Jesus.  How is that not an instant revocation?  I'd be seething.

Oct. 12, 2020, 12:50 p.m.

I give him marks for honesty

Oct. 13, 2020, 6:29 p.m.

Conditions couldn't have been better this year.

Definitely miss that singles line and riding after 5pm.  Here's to hoping we get that back next year.

Oct. 13, 2020, 7:16 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Conditions couldn't have been better this year.

Definitely miss that singles line and riding after 5pm.  Here's to hoping we get that back next year.

It really was a great year, I agree.

nickel, thanks to you and the rest of the crew for all the work you did over the summer keeping the trails running better than any season I can recall.

Oct. 14, 2020, 4:41 a.m.

Glad to hear it, it's been a challenging but satisfying summer.

Oct. 15, 2020, 8:56 a.m.

Nickel, Is construction on going thru the fall in creekside? I have some backyard loops up there that often cross the park, don't want to get in the way.

Oct. 16, 2020, 7:22 a.m.

Posted by: nortonwhis

Nickel, Is construction on going thru the fall in creekside? I have some backyard loops up there that often cross the park, don't want to get in the way.

It is indeed. There's work happening in insomnia, around South park there's 3 new trails being worked on, and the possibility of sporadic tree felling pretty much anywhere.  

Our crew will be going to the end of the month. Not too sure how long the contractor team plan on going. 

I get the appeal for those living in the area. Your consideration is much appreciated.

Oct. 19, 2020, 10:52 a.m.

It is indeed. There's work happening in insomnia, around South park there's 3 new trails being worked on, and the possibility of sporadic tree felling pretty much anywhere.  

Our crew will be going to the end of the month. Not too sure how long the contractor team plan on going. 

I get the appeal for those living in the area. Your consideration is much appreciated.

Awesome thanks for getting back to me.

Oct. 25, 2020, 3:34 p.m.

Awesome thanks for getting back to me.

Are of the new trails going to be Black Diamond?.... 

It would be awesome to spend a day at Creekside next year and have more options. I rode BC trail and it is pretty fun. Worth heading over to Creekside for

Oct. 28, 2020, 9:41 a.m.

Here are some of the rumors i heard recently.

Black A-line style jump trail. It sure looks like this one is being built near Line of Control.

Blue version of something like Del Boca/ Funshine rolly drops which would be sick.

Edit: I think it would be great for everyone to have a bunch of proper riding in creekside. Its good, but a black a line like trial would really spread the crowd out better i think. It sucks that the area they have to work with around Kadenwood and below is just so small and tight. Although i did here some chainsaws way over towards the olympic rings area.

Last edited by: nortonwhis on Oct. 28, 2020, 9:44 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 29, 2020, 8:11 a.m.

Selfish me would love a run from the top of Fitz to bottom of Creekside - I believe there are some cliffs and uphills that make that routing not possible, but I can dream right?

Oct. 30, 2020, 7:13 p.m.

Yeah that does sound good. I'm surprised they dont do that

Oct. 31, 2020, 8:17 a.m.

The topography doesn't allow a trail from fitz to creekside. Top of fitz is equivalent to top of insomnia and earth circus, plus/minus 50m or so. Furthermore, by the time you get to the Olympic rings, the taluswood property line is right there. To top it all off, there's a bunch of cliffs to get through on the way. It would be a very up and down trail and would have to include some significant uphill climbs. Try riding the north west passage end to end one day when you're bored.

The trail above kadenwood is a continuation of South park. Basically an access trail for future development. There is no a-line style jump trail going in anywhere at this time. Feel free to email suggestions to wb. There is however a short blue jump line that went in off the lower reaches of current south park that will dump you out on elixir.

Last edited by: nickel on Oct. 31, 2020, 8:18 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 31, 2020, 3:03 p.m.

Makes sense.

Hardly anyone rides A-Line or Dirt Merchant.

I hope these decisions have been made by people who have never ridden the fucking bike park.