WBP 20

Sept. 18, 2020, 5:51 p.m.

I last rode it over a week ago but road gap is the same, on/off bridge is a bit different but still similar

Last edited by: Kevin26 on Sept. 18, 2020, 5:51 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 19, 2020, 7:23 a.m.

Kevin is correct. It's the operating table that changed. Landing and take off also got a rebuild to match. Rest of trail is unchanged.

Sept. 19, 2020, 8:24 a.m.

Hey nickel, I’m guessing now is the time to give up all hopes on Crabs making its 2020 debut?

Sept. 19, 2020, 12:22 p.m.

Ah, the pic was from the landing looking up, mostly the transition, trees and takeoff, thought it was the road gap but guess not!

Sept. 19, 2020, 10:12 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Hey nickel, I’m guessing now is the time to give up all hopes on Crabs making its 2020 debut?

That seems likely tbh. No one has straight up said to me that crabs isn't opening but it seems silly to put the man hours into it that it needs at this point only to put it all to bed in just under a month. We've got lots to do anyways.

Sept. 21, 2020, 10:56 a.m.

Is the plan still to stay open to Canadian Thanksgiving like usual? Weather permitting. 

Have not been up this year and looking at timeline to try and get a couple days in.

Sept. 22, 2020, 5:28 a.m.

Correct. Closing day is the 12th or 13th or whatever the Monday is.

Sept. 29, 2020, 7:01 p.m.

For those familiar with both the Joyride Skills area drops and Fade to Black, how similar is the largest drop in the skills area to the ones in the trail?

Sept. 29, 2020, 7:58 p.m.

Hard to say since you can send that large drop super small if you creep off of it. If you pedal in to it you can probably make it nearly as big as Fade to black but not quite as big unless you hammer.

The Joyride drops are easier since you see them coming a mile away and have plenty of time to adjust speed and get your line right. But the landing is occasionally shredded since it's the exposed logging road, it can get quite loose.

The FTB drop is harder since you're coming out of a tech section with a slightly chunky corner immediately before the bridge, but you definitely have time to compose yourself and even get a pedal stroke before the drop.

I would say if you're comfortable sending the large joyride drop with speed then you'll likely be fine dropping a drop the size of the FTB drop, provided you can stay composed before the bridge. There

Last edited by: thaaad on Sept. 29, 2020, 8:02 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 1, 2020, 9:22 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Hard to say since you can send that large drop super small if you creep off of it. If you pedal in to it you can probably make it nearly as big as Fade to black but not quite as big unless you hammer.

The Joyride drops are easier since you see them coming a mile away and have plenty of time to adjust speed and get your line right. But the landing is occasionally shredded since it's the exposed logging road, it can get quite loose.

The FTB drop is harder since you're coming out of a tech section with a slightly chunky corner immediately before the bridge, but you definitely have time to compose yourself and even get a pedal stroke before the drop.

I would say if you're comfortable sending the large joyride drop with speed then you'll likely be fine dropping a drop the size of the FTB drop, provided you can stay composed before the bridge. There

Thanks for this info!  I knew it was a trickier run-up, just wanted an idea of the size compared to something I had hit a few times recently.  I guess I could go look at Fade to Black to get an idea.  Good point on the variability of the drop size in the Joyride park, too.  I have not been pedaling hard into it after the jump, but feel the speed is pretty decent.  That of course all being relative, and I'm not the fastest person in the park by any measure.

The trail is outside my comfort zone at the moment, and definitely am will not be trying it for the first time when riding solo.

Oct. 1, 2020, 10:19 p.m.

It can be helpful if someone can "tow you in." That way you can get an idea of the speed you need.

Oct. 2, 2020, 7:47 a.m.

Re:f2b road gap, if you're comfortable with reasonable speed on the biggest at Joyride jump park, it's not crazy different in size. Make sure you're consistently landing perfectly composed though. The corner after the first f2b drop is basically immediate. The run in is chunky but it doesn't require a ton of speed. You could start from a stop at the armor rock in the run in and be fine with a bit of work. 

The second one usually requires a bit of pedaling unless you nail the corner and pump the rollers with finesse and power. The step up onto the operating table often requires a small brake tap. The speed is all over the place in there tbh, picking the features apart one at a time isn't the worst way to go.

Oct. 8, 2020, 7:47 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

It can be helpful if someone can "tow you in." That way you can get an idea of the speed you need.

Yes, that'd be nice.  I don't normally ride with anyone that hits it though, so a tow is possibly difficult to come by.

Posted by: nickel

Re:f2b road gap, if you're comfortable with reasonable speed on the biggest at Joyride jump park, it's not crazy different in size. Make sure you're consistently landing perfectly composed though. The corner after the first f2b drop is basically immediate. The run in is chunky but it doesn't require a ton of speed. You could start from a stop at the armor rock in the run in and be fine with a bit of work. 

The second one usually requires a bit of pedaling unless you nail the corner and pump the rollers with finesse and power. The step up onto the operating table often requires a small brake tap. The speed is all over the place in there tbh, picking the features apart one at a time isn't the worst way to go.

Thanks for this extra info, nickel.  I'm comfortable on the biggest drop, even with some extra pedal strokes.  I would definitely break it down into smaller chunks, yeah.

Maybe next season.

Oct. 11, 2020, 4:37 p.m.

It would be sick if people stopped poaching closed trails. Lately this has been savage in Creekside with people riding through freshly reworked mud and full on Tree Felling Closures. Please just stop doing it. If you absolutely must ride out to creekside and all the trail options in front of you are closed, ride down the ski run of SFT. Stay off the closed trails. We're going to start pulling passes as someone is going to get seriously hurt, maybe us.

Oct. 11, 2020, 5:12 p.m.

Posted by: nickel

It would be sick if people stopped poaching closed trails. Lately this has been savage in Creekside with people riding through freshly reworked mud and full on Tree Felling Closures. Please just stop doing it. If you absolutely must ride out to creekside and all the trail options in front of you are closed, ride down the ski run of SFT. Stay off the closed trails. We're going to start pulling passes as someone is going to get seriously hurt, maybe us.

If I were to guess, the locals are the worst for this.