Aug. 2, 2020, 8:46 p.m.

Posted by: Pizza-Diavola

Posted by: DaveM

I picked up a new (to me) dh bike

Return of the Jedi?

I really liked that bike but no.

Pretty similar design though, Commencal Supreme V4

Aug. 5, 2020, 6:25 p.m.

I'll be up there for the first time this year tomorrow.

Similar to what DaveM asked, can I pre-purchase a day pass online and load it onto the Vail card reader I have from last year's season pass?

Aug. 6, 2020, 4:23 p.m.

Posted by: Cheez1ts

I'll be up there for the first time this year tomorrow.

Similar to what DaveM asked, can I pre-purchase a day pass online and load it onto the Vail card reader I have from last year's season pass?

You have to call the support center to have day passes loaded onto an existing card.  I have done so already this season.  

It can be done as long as the card was issued in the last couple seasons, but a rep has to do it manually.  I just dialed the support line with hands free while I was en route from Squamish to Whistler and they were able to get me sorted.  The one caveat is that they ask the last few digits of the serial number of your card, so make sure you know the last 3-4 before you call so you don't have to fiddle with the card while driving.

@DaveM, if you don't have a recently issued pass from a 5-day or higher (within the last 2-3 seasons), you'll have to go line up in the village to retrieve your day pass, I believe.

Aug. 6, 2020, 6:52 p.m.

Fitz has been bust for two days now.

Not looking good.

Fortunately we're allowed to use every gondy, but this weekend is going to fucking suck if shit isn't pulled together.

Aug. 6, 2020, 7:10 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Not looking good.

Fortunately we're allowed to use every gondy, but this weekend is going to fucking suck if shit isn't pulled together.

It's down? Any info as to why? I haven't been up since Monday.

Aug. 6, 2020, 9:16 p.m.

Posted by: Angu58

Posted by: ReductiMat

Not looking good.

It's down? Any info as to why? I haven't been up since Monday.

Haven't seen anyone not busy to ask yet.

A bunch of bike trays and a crane-type-thing are sitting between Fitz and Garbo right now.

Aug. 7, 2020, 1:19 a.m.

Fitz is 21 years old now. Time for a new 6/8 pack? We can dream, but ROI is too low since it ain't much use in the winter other than defraying gondi lines and moving people out of sight to Garbo. I'd probably vote for a 6 pack on Red instead for more VD lapping in the winter.

Last edited by: grambo on Aug. 7, 2020, 1:19 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 7, 2020, 8:52 a.m.

Thats fucked. Can the 2020 season be any more of a disaster?

Aug. 7, 2020, 9:17 a.m.

WB Twitter account says Fitz will be closed today and through the weekend.

https://twitter.com/wbmtnops/status/1291765854451859456?s=20

Aug. 7, 2020, 12:22 p.m.

I missed the first hour of the biggest pow day of the season this past winter because Fitz broke down that morning. I love that chair but there's no way money gets spent upgrading it, just not busy enough.

Aug. 7, 2020, 1:24 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Fitz is 21 years old now. Time for a new 6/8 pack? We can dream, but ROI is too low since it ain't much use in the winter other than defraying gondi lines and moving people out of sight to Garbo. I'd probably vote for a 6 pack on Red instead for more VD lapping in the winter.

Gotta agree. The only times I see lines on it during the winter are pow days and New Years. No real reason for them to upgrade it, at least as the winter season is concerned. Especially because the winter Garbo line would then be absolutely massive.

Summer, however, is the only real reason for them to change it to a 6. I doubt they would bother with an 8 anywhere that is open during the summer. Imaging having 8 people trying to load bikes at once, with even 1 or 2 not knowing how to load, it's screwed. 6 person chair is still pretty tough for some people - anyone have a photo of how the bike tray would look like on a 6?

Aug. 7, 2020, 2:10 p.m.

The outer bike tray of a six or eight would be a fucking blast to watch.

They’d have to rate the bike trays like they do trails.

The latest rumour I’ve heard is it’s lift cable related and there’s hope it’s fixed sometime Sunday. I wouldn’t put any money in this.

I would put money on this weekend being an absolute shit show and expect I’ll only be getting one lap in on each day.

Last edited by: ReductiMat on Aug. 7, 2020, 2:10 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 7, 2020, 4:19 p.m.

Posted by: Angu58

Posted by: grambo

Gotta agree. The only times I see lines on it during the winter are pow days and New Years. No real reason for them to upgrade it, at least as the winter season is concerned. Especially because the winter Garbo line would then be absolutely massive.

Summer, however, is the only real reason for them to change it to a 6. I doubt they would bother with an 8 anywhere that is open during the summer. Imaging having 8 people trying to load bikes at once, with even 1 or 2 not knowing how to load, it's screwed. 6 person chair is still pretty tough for some people - anyone have a photo of how the bike tray would look like on a 6?

I do like silverstars 6 seater chair with a bigger 4 bike tray with all 4 on the bottom no hook. Maybe the same with a hook to get to 5?

Aug. 7, 2020, 6:53 p.m.

I recall Mt Washington 6 chair using 3 or 4 bikes. But no one goes there sooooo