WBP 20

July 21, 2020, 5:39 a.m.

Literally no one was wearing a mask in the village outside the lift lines. I was really disappointed tbh. The village was slammed with people to the point social distancing was not viable and no one except myself and a very small handful of others were wearing masks. 

I also fear we're not far away from rolling back into phase 2 at minimum. Set the example folks, wear a mask and stay 2m apart. It's not that hard.

July 21, 2020, 6:34 a.m.

Posted by: nickel

Literally no one was wearing a mask in the village outside the lift lines. I was really disappointed tbh. The village was slammed with people to the point social distancing was not viable and no one except myself and a very small handful of others were wearing masks. 

I also fear we're not far away from rolling back into phase 2 at minimum. Set the example folks, wear a mask and stay 2m apart. It's not that hard.

you just described berlin life right now. you wear a mask in shops or public system. that’s it. you’ll be fine.

July 21, 2020, 1:13 p.m.

It would appear a full Freight Train rebuild (Yes, top to Dirt Merchant) is almost done.

July 21, 2020, 1:51 p.m.

Yeah we're fucked. We're going stage 2 minimum within 2 weeks.

I fucking hate people.

July 21, 2020, 2:38 p.m.

I went into the village Saturday to grab some food.  In addition to the lack of masks, the "I'm here to fucking party crowd" had definitely showed up in numbers.  Hope the park stays open during phase 2...

July 21, 2020, 2:43 p.m.

Posted by: Henry-Chinaski

I went into the village Saturday to grab some food.  In addition to the lack of masks, the "I'm here to fucking party crowd" had definitely showed up in numbers.  Hope the park stays open during phase 2...

Given our opening was conditional on phase 3 happening in the first place, I would expect that any roll back of measures would imply an end to the bike season. We shall see. It'd be great if it didn't come to that.

July 21, 2020, 3:06 p.m.

The world needs a way to put the "I'm here to fucking party crowd" back into Phase 1 lock down so the rest of us can function in a Phase 3 world.

July 21, 2020, 3:23 p.m.

The amount of “Hoes on Boats” footy being posted on IG stories leads myself to believe that before August Long we are going back to Phase II

July 21, 2020, 8:15 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

It would appear a full Freight Train rebuild (Yes, top to Dirt Merchant) is almost done.

Lower Freight Train is open from halfway down Duffman. Rode it at about 3pm today, really dusty at the top, but riding well. Some watering and a little bit of shovel work would make it perfect. 

Posted by: Henry-Chinaski

Definitely. I have been wearing masks in the bike park and in shops, but have not walked around the village, because of how close people are. Only been to Nesters for groceries outside of that.

July 24, 2020, 11:13 p.m.

Hey nickel, can you comment on why the start of A-Line is still closed?  Relative to the trail, it seems so... small?

(A-Line is the best it's ever been)

July 25, 2020, 7:33 a.m.

Hey nickel, can you comment on why the start of A-Line is still closed?  Relative to the trail, it seems so... small?

It hurts people.

July 25, 2020, 8:12 a.m.

It hurts people.

No kidding!!

July 25, 2020, 10:38 a.m.

It hurts people.

No kidding!!

Squirrel catcher doing its work. Better to crash on the starting drop than the tombstone or rock drop.

July 25, 2020, 9:45 p.m.

Fun day in the bike park today! Trails are running great. More Duff is a nice fresh addition. I have a mask tan now.

Other than the jump trails, what are the best Fitz laps on a trail bike?

Last edited by: D_C_ on July 25, 2020, 9:46 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 25, 2020, 11:15 p.m.

Posted by: Angu58

Squirrel catcher doing its work. Better to crash on the starting drop than the tombstone or rock drop.

No, it appears the first squirrel catcher is just theater.