WBP 20

July 16, 2020, 10:16 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

The fact we can't load with strangers does slow it down a lot.  I used to be able to get 4 laps done by 11:00 AM as a single.  Now it's only 2.

If you are a single are they just sending you up solo on the chairlift? I would think it could make sense to have 2 singles going up on the same chair and each can just sit on the outside if they want to have some "social distancing" happening.

July 16, 2020, 4:26 p.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

The fact we can't load with strangers does slow it down a lot.  I used to be able to get 4 laps done by 11:00 AM as a single.  Now it's only 2.

If you are a single are they just sending you up solo on the chairlift? I would think it could make sense to have 2 singles going up on the same chair and each can just sit on the outside if they want to have some "social distancing" happening.

Yup, if you're a single you get your own chair.

July 16, 2020, 8:59 p.m.

Are the garbanzo tech trails dry?

July 16, 2020, 11:44 p.m.

Posted by: JLW124

Are the garbanzo tech trails dry?

Mostly. O-sin and no joke were pretty good, 7 year was OK, but the Duffman area is soaked. Also, new loam trail called More Duff of lower Duffman, though it wasn't open on Monday when I was last in that area.

July 17, 2020, 5:44 p.m.

Too bad they couldn't put some kind of divider on the chairs. That would allow 2 singles on each chair. Prolly too difficult to do.

July 17, 2020, 7:44 p.m.

I suspect it all comes down to, no one has a clue how to go forward safely.

It's best we be too cautious rather than being to Southern US. 

That said, if the rumours are true, those fuckers can sneak in here to play at their will.  If it's not true, I'll retract my last statement.

July 18, 2020, 12:33 a.m.

riding in the subway with hundred others is fine, but 2 people on a well ventilated 4 seater chair is bad? geez

July 19, 2020, 12:10 p.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

riding in the subway with hundred others is fine, but 2 people on a well ventilated 4 seater chair is bad? geez

It is frustrating to see all the inconsistencies... like you can go on the skytrain, go to a strip club, go to a pretty packed restaurant/bar... but then they still have some provincial parks closed. You have store X and Y that each limit 10 people inside the store, ignoring the fact that store Y is 5x as big, etc. Doesn't really add up but I do understand why it's happening... we are in uncharted territory and people and businesses are trying to adapt quickly, and everyone is trying to be cautious and do the best they can to keep people safe, etc.

July 19, 2020, 6:50 p.m.

It is frustrating to see all the inconsistencies... like you can go on the skytrain, go to a strip club, go to a pretty packed restaurant/bar... but then they still have some provincial parks closed. You have store X and Y that each limit 10 people inside the store, ignoring the fact that store Y is 5x as big, etc. Doesn't really add up but I do understand why it's happening... we are in uncharted territory and people and businesses are trying to adapt quickly, and everyone is trying to be cautious and do the best they can to keep people safe, etc.

Whistler creates alot of tax revenue so coastal health is looking the other way. My buddy has had his gravel bike events shut down by the BC govt. Apparently 300 racers on a 100 km course is more risky than the packed lift lines at Whistler.

July 19, 2020, 7 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Whistler creates alot of tax revenue so coastal health is looking the other way. My buddy has had his gravel bike events shut down by the BC govt. Apparently 300 racers on a 100 km course is more risky than the packed lift lines at Whistler.

Today is day... 21? I think.  So far, so good.   That said, there were a ton of people in the village this weekend, including a Cali-plated car with young kids in it.  I've seen a few non-WB people in masks at a distance watching the lift-lines.  I suspect government officials are on-site, which makes me happy.  The number of idiots who aren't taking mask wearing seriously is insanely low, which likely correlates to our border closure.

I don't think Coastal Health is looking the other way, but they are likely prioritizing based on economic output.

If I were ruler of Canada, I'd probably use that as my top metric as nothing else comes to mind.

July 20, 2020, 8:04 a.m.

Today is day... 21? I think.  So far, so good.   That said, there were a ton of people in the village this weekend, including a Cali-plated car with young kids in it.  I've seen a few non-WB people in masks at a distance watching the lift-lines.  I suspect government officials are on-site, which makes me happy.  The number of idiots who aren't taking mask wearing seriously is insanely low, which likely correlates to our border closure.

The traffic headed up the 99 on Friday early aft was crazy. I'm sure Whistler was busy. Looks like the majority has just moved on not bothering taking precautions like it's over. I really hope we don't spike in numbers here... can get really ugly pretty quick if we aren't careful.

July 20, 2020, 9:10 a.m.

How were the lineups this weekend?

July 20, 2020, 9:36 a.m.

The traffic headed up the 99 on Friday early aft was crazy. I'm sure Whistler was busy. Looks like the majority has just moved on not bothering taking precautions like it's over. I really hope we don't spike in numbers here... can get really ugly pretty quick if we aren't careful.

After seeing the village this weekend my bet is on lockdown part 2 happening in a few weeks.  😭😭😭😭

July 20, 2020, 9:37 a.m.

Posted by: D_C_

How were the lineups this weekend?

Really good for the most part, but that's because it was about 374 degrees celsius at the bottom of Fitz.

July 20, 2020, 3:33 p.m.

102 confirmed infections over the weekend. Ugh.... Won't be lockdown but can for sure say restaurants, bars and all that will be shut again.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on July 20, 2020, 3:34 p.m., edited 1 time in total.