WBP 20

June 30, 2020, 8:24 a.m.

Posted by: ggb

I rode from open til close. Lines were 20-30 minutes all day on the Fitz. Garbo was no line. Trails that were open were in good shape. Once you got up the mountain it seemed very quiet. The lines move slowly since there is no singles line and you can only ride the chair with the people you came with.

So if I was riding alone I assume I would be on the lift alone?

June 30, 2020, 9:59 a.m.

Yes

June 30, 2020, 10:57 a.m.

Best part=new bike wash set up with barriers so you can't get hosed by the careless person next to you! That and hero dirt conditions with lots of new work on the trails

Last edited by: Kevin26 on July 1, 2020, 7:08 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
June 30, 2020, 12:07 p.m.

Is the gondola running?

June 30, 2020, 12:47 p.m.

I saw an insta pic yesterday of someone in the gondola with their bike, but I don't know if they were public / staff / coaching... no idea.

July 1, 2020, 6:14 p.m.

Hey nickel, I was wondering if the fast flowy jump trails that are closed are because of Patrol, Patrol & Vail or Patrol, Vail & Coast Mountain Health?

Not sure if it's because of the rain, but it seems like everyone working at WB to get this stuff running hit it out of the park.

Here's to hoping the wash stations are a staple for every year hear on in.

July 1, 2020, 8:48 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Hey nickel, I was wondering if the fast flowy jump trails that are closed are because of Patrol, Patrol & Vail or Patrol, Vail & Coast Mountain Health?

Not sure if it's because of the rain, but it seems like everyone working at WB to get this stuff running hit it out of the park.

Here's to hoping the wash stations are a staple for every year hear on in.

I will choose to not comment on the reasons behind the advanced jump trails being closed. It's not my domain, nor my place to comment. I can say that there is an active discussion around opening them and that there is a desire to do things responsibly. 

There has definitely been a big effort by everyone here to make the experience a positive one for all and I'm glad that's the feeling you're getting. It's taken a lot to get things to where they are now and it will continue to evolve. Keep the feedback coming. 

The wash stations are a good example. In the process of figuring out how to make them work with covid guidelines, we had a big desire to derive tangible lasting benefits and improvements. Glad you like it.

July 2, 2020, 5:49 p.m.

I rode the park Tuesday, weather wasn’t ideal but had a blast.. been a couple years without riding a DH bike, took a couple laps to remember how much more capable and fun they are at speed. Was lucky to get first ride on one of Evolution’s brand new V10s. 

Hats off to those involved on getting things up and running on short notice in a safe manner. Trails were running awesome, Garbo tech in the wet is always a good time, new exit out of In Deep after the drop. Noticed a ton of new work including stumbling into More Duff (and two big bears having a feed at the entrance). Great job on that trail. Saw more work going on around Little Alder as well. Didn’t get a chance to check out Weasel Juice (is that the new extension to 7 year more to avoid Expressway to Blueberry?).

I’m more of a tech guy than jumps anyway so a couple C-more and lower A-line was plenty for me. 

Didn’t get to ride everything I wanted so I’ll probably do another day when it’s actually summer.

July 14, 2020, 10:22 p.m.

So nickel... A-Line.

Please tell me the lips of all the jumps are now like a samurai sword.

Every jumps screams, "TABLE ME BITCH!"

I'm sad I'm in the middle of July and just starting to find my groove again.  Everything is so fucking good.

July 15, 2020, 6:29 a.m.

Hoping to get up there soon before everything is destroyed. Failing that I'll be there at the end of August. Here's hoping Covid is kept at bay so the rest of the summer is played out.

July 15, 2020, 9:50 a.m.

No Americans until at least September from the looks of it (although would be shocked if it is that soon).

July 15, 2020, 9:59 a.m.

Americans won't be up there (thank god) for another year.

July 16, 2020, 7:49 a.m.

How are the lineups on the weekend?

I've been trying to go when I can get a day off work during the week, but I haven't gone yet as a result.

July 16, 2020, 8 a.m.

Well there's only been a couple weekends but so far sunny=busy raining=quiet. Yesterday wasn't too bad though, and creekside might help a bit. 

If that's the only time you can ride, head to the line at like 9:45 or so and you should get a couple quick laps before the line builds up.

Last edited by: Kevin26 on July 16, 2020, 8:10 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
July 16, 2020, 10:08 a.m.

Posted by: Cheez1ts

How are the lineups on the weekend?

I've been trying to go when I can get a day off work during the week, but I haven't gone yet as a result.

The fact we can't load with strangers does slow it down a lot.  I used to be able to get 4 laps done by 11:00 AM as a single.  Now it's only 2.