WBP 20

July 25, 2021, 8:40 p.m.

If we're fielding wild-ass-guesses, I'm gonna say a new trail by Golden Triangle.

March 25, 2022, 9:51 a.m.

Any news on the bike park yet. I read on the gram that there is no Creekside this year???? Is this true?

March 25, 2022, 10:23 a.m.

Posted by: MaxRockatansky

Any news on the bike park yet. I read on the gram that there is no Creekside this year???? Is this true?

Yeah, with the gondola being replaced the lift is obviously not going to be running. And it wouldn't surprise me if the creekside area trails are off limits too as they'd want to keep people out of the way of any construction zones. That, plus much much less travel restrictions compared to last summer, means it's getting busy at the village base!

Last edited by: Kevin26 on March 25, 2022, 10:25 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 25, 2022, 10:49 a.m.

Too bad. was thinking of finally getting a pass again this year. Might stick to the valley again to start and see how it shakes out.

March 28, 2022, 9:46 a.m.

Usually I get a 5-day pass, but definitely not doing that without Creekside. Parking and riding out from that side is a huge part of what makes WBP worth it for me. I can't stand the parking/crowds/lines on the main side.

March 31, 2022, 2:49 a.m.

Posted by: mammal

Usually I get a 5-day pass, but definitely not doing that without Creekside. Parking and riding out from that side is a huge part of what makes WBP worth it for me. I can't stand the parking/crowds/lines on the main side.

Same for me. I'll do a couple days, probably midweek, but not doing a 5/10 pass without Creekside to avoid the crowds, plus I really like the newer tech trails that way.

Fitz lineups are going to be atrocious this summer, record setting for sure.

April 24, 2022, 10:04 a.m.

Anybody know if the creekside closure will affect TOTW? Was hoping to get up there this year.

April 24, 2022, 6:57 p.m.

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/whistler-mountain-bike-park/whistler-mountain-bike-park.aspx

April 26, 2022, 1:14 p.m.

Cool that Peak/TOTW will be open, I like doing one lap down there each summer on a nice day (although last year it ended up pissing rain and being like 5C in late August when I was up there). Will obviously respect ops/construction closures, but I hope RDS to Kadenwood can be ridden since that would avoid Creekside (unless they are using those fire roads to move equipment around obviously).

Line-ups are gonna be brutal on weekends, but respect that they are at least putting more gondis on and getting Garbo open earlier. As a Creekside guy during ski season I am stoked for the upload capacity next winter and more bike trails in Creekside in the future too hopefully, love Missfire > Delayed > BC's on an enduro bike.

April 27, 2022, 8:31 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

Cool that Peak/TOTW will be open, I like doing one lap down there each summer on a nice day (although last year it ended up pissing rain and being like 5C in late August when I was up there). Will obviously respect ops/construction closures, but I hope RDS to Kadenwood can be ridden since that would avoid Creekside (unless they are using those fire roads to move equipment around obviously).

Line-ups are gonna be brutal on weekends, but respect that they are at least putting more gondis on and getting Garbo open earlier. As a Creekside guy during ski season I am stoked for the upload capacity next winter and more bike trails in Creekside in the future too hopefully, love Missfire > Delayed > BC's on an enduro bike.

This, same with the Khybers route.

May 5, 2022, 12:58 p.m.

Delayed til 19th now.

https://blog.whistlerblackcomb.com/2022/05/whistler-mountain-bike-park-opening-day-is-delayed/

May 7, 2022, 4:37 p.m.

Posted by: nortonwhis

Delayed til 19th now.

https://blog.whistlerblackcomb.com/2022/05/whistler-mountain-bike-park-opening-day-is-delayed/

I thought the Whistler tradition was to open the bike park on the Friday preceding May long weekend.  What was the originally planned opening for this season?  May 19th is the Thursday before May long, so it's still earlier than most years I can remember (COVID years notwithstanding)?

May 9, 2022, 12:25 p.m.

They'd announced an early start to the bike park season this year due to the lack of snow. Then April happened and it snowed more than February and March combined, blowing average April snowfall totals out the water.

May 15, 2022, 2:11 p.m.

If you buy a 3 day pass I see you have to use it within specified days. (eg. 3 of 5 days) Why do they do that? They should make it so a person can use it any 3 days during the season.

May 17, 2022, 1:13 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

If you buy a 3 day pass I see you have to use it within specified days. (eg. 3 of 5 days) Why do they do that? They should make it so a person can use it any 3 days during the season.

Those multi-day tickets are for people coming for vacations. 5 day pass for $345 seems like the cheapest/shortest duration option now... I thought I remembered there being a 3 day option years ago but could be wrong.

$87+tax window price this summer for regular season adult tickets.