WBP 20

July 25, 2020, 11:16 p.m.

Posted by: D_C_

Fun day in the bike park today! Trails are running great. More Duff is a nice fresh addition. I have a mask tan now.

Other than the jump trails, what are the best Fitz laps on a trail bike?

More Duff is great stuff.

I think trail bikes looking for new stuff are best left in the Creekside area.

July 26, 2020, 9:32 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: D_C_

Fun day in the bike park today! Trails are running great. More Duff is a nice fresh addition. I have a mask tan now.

Other than the jump trails, what are the best Fitz laps on a trail bike?

More Duff is great stuff.

I think trail bikes looking for new stuff are best left in the Creekside area.

Yeah the creekside stuff is great on a trail bike, as is the Duffman zone. I dabbled into some Fitz tech trails (Joyride, Canadian Open DH course) and while they are entirely rideable on my Devinci Troy, I felt like they’d be more fun on a bigger bike (or maybe it’s just knowing the lines).

July 27, 2020, 4:45 p.m.

Dirt Merchant.

Rutabaga step up is fixed.  Don't go hard like you had to last year... you'll end up on the berm.  It's way easier.

Yay.

July 27, 2020, 6:40 p.m.

More Duff loam makes for good times. Park is dry,  could use some rain.

July 27, 2020, 6:46 p.m.

More Duff is awesome!!

July 28, 2020, 6:50 p.m.

Posted by: nickel

Hey nickel, can you comment on why the start of A-Line is still closed?  Relative to the trail, it seems so... small?

(A-Line is the best it's ever been)

It hurts people.

I’ve seen multiple serious crashes over the years on the first jump after the berm under the chair at the top (so I guess the first jump on A-line). Like KO’d and getting spine boarded out. I guess people that don’t know what they are doing just launch it and explode?

July 28, 2020, 7:17 p.m.

Maybe a combination of excitement and an audience, being right under the lift.

July 29, 2020, 4:57 p.m.

Probably hard to get the size right on those. The squirrel catcher was made easier which might have contributed to more people crashing? I've also seen a fair few folks needing patrol assistance on that section. 

Before last year I always found it was easy to go very large on the second jump then last year (I didn't have a pass) was surprised to find it had gotten longer.

July 29, 2020, 11:50 p.m.

Today my friend had to help down a 10? year old kid down to his father from mid to the shark fin. 

He was rightfully scared as fuck and the dad was an absolute piece of human garbage.

Fuck any of you who would do that for whatever reason.  I hope to meet you in person.

July 30, 2020, 8:10 a.m.

Wait the dad just bailed and left him in the dust?

July 30, 2020, 9:02 a.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Wait the dad just bailed and left him in the dust?

Yup.

July 30, 2020, 9:21 a.m.

That's some bull about that guy. Feel for his kid that he lost. 

Re: the jump under the chair on a-line. It changed a lot last year near end of July or something. It got much longer and taller. Went from being a jump you overshot to a jump you work for. Harder to hurt yourself on unless you are messing up so badly you ride off the side of it.

July 30, 2020, 9:35 a.m.

Posted by: nickel

That's some bull about that guy. Feel for his kid that he lost. 

Re: the jump under the chair on a-line. It changed a lot last year near end of July or something. It got much longer and taller. Went from being a jump you overshot to a jump you work for. Harder to hurt yourself on unless you are messing up so badly you ride off the side of it.

yeah i found i really had to work for that one.

Does anyone know how we can access RDS/Khyber without a ticket right now? First season without a pass and would like to ride them still. Used to just climb up to creekside gondola but now that road that crosses under the gondola is super busy withe people.

July 30, 2020, 9:49 a.m.

Today my friend had to help down a 10? year old kid down to his father from mid to the shark fin. 

He was rightfully scared as fuck and the dad was an absolute piece of human garbage.

Fuck any of you who would do that for whatever reason.  I hope to meet you in person.

I've had a similar experience, but it was a few years back.  Young girl around that age crashed early into B-Line (I want to say just after where it now splits to Funshine) and her derailleur was jamming the rear wheel badly enough it would no longer turn.  Her entire family, father, mother, and a sibling, left her there and said they'd meet her at the village so they wouldn't miss their lap.

I couldn't free the wheel, so I carried her bike down to the service road while she rolled mine.  A patrol guy came by shortly and helped her down to the village.

Poor thing was apologizing for me having to 'ruin my lap' to help her.  Ugh.

Some people have such a weird mentality about riding in the park.

July 30, 2020, 10:28 a.m.

Posted by: idle

I've had a similar experience, but it was a few years back.  Young girl around that age crashed early into B-Line (I want to say just after where it now splits to Funshine) and her derailleur was jamming the rear wheel badly enough it would no longer turn.  Her entire family, father, mother, and a sibling, left her there and said they'd meet her at the village so they wouldn't miss their lap.

I couldn't free the wheel, so I carried her bike down to the service road while she rolled mine.  A patrol guy came by shortly and helped her down to the village.

Poor thing was apologizing for me having to 'ruin my lap' to help her.  Ugh.

Some people have such a weird mentality about riding in the park.

Good for you to help her.  Sounds to me like that girl deserves a new family.  Why are people such pieces of shit?