WBP 19

Aug. 2, 2019, 3:56 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Long story short- got fucked by a bunch of things out of our control, started the day over 2 hours late, had no real choice but to start with top of the world (great warm up lap), hands were fucked from no warm up / lack of riding lately, all attitudes declined, only did 2 runs. Waste of time and money.

Basically I'm a little bitch.

I've had many of those days...

It really sucks when you are day-passing and not season-passing it for sure.  Come back and let's do some laps!

Aug. 2, 2019, 7:47 p.m.

You're not alone there Thaaad. I think we've all had days like that. But then the stellar days can make up for it.

Thread killer

Aug. 4, 2019, 9:31 p.m.

I just read on instagram that the removed one of the drops on Schleyer, is that true? If so, which one?

Aug. 4, 2019, 9:50 p.m.

I just read on instagram that the removed one of the drops on Schleyer, is that true? If so, which one?

I would like to know more about this. First I've heard of it.

Aug. 4, 2019, 10:21 p.m.

Posted by: nickel

Maybe they're talking about something that happened a long time ago, who knows. But this is the post I saw tonight.

https://imgur.com/a/4le6fEx

Last edited by: thaaad on Aug. 4, 2019, 10:22 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 4, 2019, 10:43 p.m.

So we have some new trails Sabretooth-something.

Right at the spot about 50 feet from the top of the Creekside gondy where everyone takes a picture of funcjunk.

Nice loamy tech. I swear it was black when I did it but noticed today it was double black.

FT Container is live again with rails to code now.

Aug. 4, 2019, 10:53 p.m.

We rode Sabertooth the day I was there, we heard that they just opened it that afternoon and it was fucking amazing.

How's the new container?

Last edited by: thaaad on Aug. 4, 2019, 10:53 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 4, 2019, 11:11 p.m.

New container, same speed as the old one (ie you can definitely go too fast, no need to mash the pedals on the way in), landing for the drop off the end is big so you can kind of just cruise off it, then you carry loads of speed into that next jump over the rock on the left, slow down for that one.

Last edited by: Kevin26 on Aug. 4, 2019, 11:12 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 5, 2019, 12:20 a.m.

Imagine if a hidden lip would let one crab over the entire thing onto the rock.

Aug. 5, 2019, 10:59 a.m.

Maybe they're talking about something that happened a long time ago, who knows. But this is the post I saw tonight.

Maybe hes talking about the super ghetto wooden death trap under the chair that was taken out 5 years ago. I wouldn't be upset to see a bit more of a landing on the drop next to b-line. Is it just me or has that gotten flatter and flatter over the years.

Aug. 5, 2019, 7:02 p.m.

Did my annual ToTW lap today.  There are now some flow sections on it that took out otherwise unmemorable parts.   Very fun.

Cheez1ts, you ride very fast.  Glad you guys did t get the wind gust I got on crabs.  Hope that poo will wash out of my shorts.

Container jump on Freight Train looks very very sturdy.  I landed half way in with a decent pace.  I suspect Remy will be boosting the entire thing in a couple of weeks.

Aug. 6, 2019, 5:43 a.m.

yeah i dunno what this fellow's on about but it does seem likely he's referring to the old wooden circus act under the chair.

Aug. 6, 2019, 7:35 a.m.

We rode Sabertooth the day I was there, we heard that they just opened it that afternoon and it was fucking amazing.

Really glad they added that trail in as a much better way to access the Creekside trails. Great trail but parts of it were very muddy/slippery when I rode it on Saturday. Delayed Fuse also seems to get quite muddy/slippery with a bit of rain.

Random question about Whistler in general... why is there no day lodge type thing at the base? Don't most other ski hills have this at the base for people to congregate in, get their gear together, get cafeteria style food, etc? Weird that your only two options for getting changed into your ski gear are either in your car or in your hotel room. Is it designed like this on purpose so that there is no where for someone to hang out and eat a bagged lunch (aka. not spending $$)... only option is to do something similar, but inside an expensive restaurant in the village? Overheard a tourist asking where the base lodge was and it made me think about it... and it's weird that Whistler doesn't have one.

Aug. 6, 2019, 9:36 a.m.

Bull Dozer:

"We don't necessarily want people who are coming up for a day, packing a bag with their lunch in it, and not really appreciating the mountain culture that we have." -Whistler Mayor (source)

I rode from opening to just about closing yesterday. It’s August and the trails are still that good that you can ride all day!

I also did TOTW (and pretty much every bike-park trail that’s on the EWS Enduro race list before they see tons of traffic). TOTW was earth-circus-y right before the ride dont slide turn off, which is a great addition!

Aug. 6, 2019, 9:43 a.m.

Isn’t Blackcomb Base just that?