WBP 19

July 22, 2019, 12:34 p.m.

I got Crabapple last night. I figured the two big ones were the same as last year, but I do not remember the whip-off jump being such a wall as you ride into it. It's huge! I cleared it twice but I watched someone go almost as high as they did far and it sounded like they landed a little short (looked like an Evolution rental bike, he rode away fine). I'm also pretty sure I saw ReductiMat steeze through while I was hiking up. I'm looking forward to getting as comfortable on those jumps as he appears to be. Super fun.

July 22, 2019, 1:34 p.m.

Ha!  Yesterday evening? 

I've been meaning to ask nickel if #4 is juiced from last year, or if it's my new bike (which seems to be way more poppy off of jumps).

Had an interesting 8:00PM last lap off Crabs.. right before I was going to drop in a lovely bear walked right into the trail.  There was no way I was jumping into lower AP, so I yelled to the bear, "THE PARK IS CLOSED AND I'M GOING TO FUCKING RIDE THIS TRAIL SO MOVE".  It moved over a bit so I could power down to get over the first jump... I saw it in my peripheral vision right beside the roller.. like a foot in.  Such a polite bear.

July 22, 2019, 1:35 p.m.

I've been talking about jump 2 for a month now and I think I have it figured out for sure this time.

If you're not going to jump over the rock but roll it, don't.  Wallride the rock and you don't have to pedal at all into #2.

July 22, 2019, 3:01 p.m.

Yep, last night, probably around 19:30. A friend and I had overshot #3 and didn't think we'd make #4 so we hiked up to try again when you came down. I mentioned to my friend that you were the guy who posted that we needed to put three pedal strokes in for #2, and we laughed that you didn't appear to pedal at all. I'm glad you've been talking about it for a month, I would have come up short my first run if you weren't.

Juiced is a good description, it felt that way to me.

While in the air on #3, I saw two bears off to the left in the grass between 3 & 4. I'm really glad I landed it right to send #4. Stopping right by a momma bear and her cub, or sending #4 short both seem like bad options.

Last edited by: Cheez1ts on July 22, 2019, 3:04 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 24, 2019, 10:24 p.m.

Hey nickel, is proline DM being changed?  It was closed a lot today.

July 24, 2019, 10:32 p.m.

Posted by: Cheez1ts

Yep, last night, probably around 19:30. A friend and I had overshot #3 and didn't think we'd make #4 so we hiked up to try again when you came down. I mentioned to my friend that you were the guy who posted that we needed to put three pedal strokes in for #2, and we laughed that you didn't appear to pedal at all. I'm glad you've been talking about it for a month, I would have come up short my first run if you weren't.

Juiced is a good description, it felt that way to me.

While in the air on #3, I saw two bears off to the left in the grass between 3 & 4. I'm really glad I landed it right to send #4. Stopping right by a momma bear and her cub, or sending #4 short both seem like bad options.

Sweet baby jesus.  I talk a big game but if I knew that was a momma bear I wouldn't have been nearly as bold.

If you want to do some jump laps please let me know... jump-lap trains are the reason this planet was created.

July 24, 2019, 11:38 p.m.

Laps for sure 🤘🏻 My whistler schedule is sporadic though, I’ll PM you.

July 31, 2019, 1:39 p.m.

Brought the ol' GoPro out for some footy and got a Crab lap in.  This is what I mean with the Crab-Turns rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xolUrJFSqts&feature=youtu.be

Aug. 1, 2019, 11:57 a.m.

Nice dude, full send there and looking smooth. GoPro footage looks great too, you doing the colour correction stuff?

Aug. 1, 2019, 4:38 p.m.

I went out last week, first day back on the bike in over a year. 

It was the most frustrating day on the bike I think I've ever had.

Aug. 1, 2019, 4:40 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Nice dude, full send there and looking smooth. GoPro footage looks great too, you doing the colour correction stuff?

Yup, surprising how easy it is to how much return you get for that little time invested..

Aug. 1, 2019, 7:51 p.m.

@Kevin26 Did you race Phat Wednesday yesterday? A Kevin did well and if its you its a worthy claim!

Aug. 1, 2019, 8:34 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

I went out last week, first day back on the bike in over a year. 

It was the most frustrating day on the bike I think I've ever had.

Well that sucks.. what went wrong?

Aug. 2, 2019, 11:38 a.m.

I like the idea of taking some sort of lesson/camp type thing once in a while to work on technique. Just checked the prices on the WBP website and it says a full day private lesson at the bike park is $629.... wtf?

Aug. 2, 2019, 11:39 a.m.

Long story short- got fucked by a bunch of things out of our control, started the day over 2 hours late, had no real choice but to start with top of the world (great warm up lap), hands were fucked from no warm up / lack of riding lately, all attitudes declined, only did 2 runs. Waste of time and money.

Basically I'm a little bitch.

Last edited by: thaaad on Aug. 2, 2019, 11:39 a.m., edited 1 time in total.