WBP 19

July 11, 2019, 8:19 p.m.

I did a DM/Ruta/DBV lap and scoped it out myself.  I giggled when I saw how far down you guys made it... that big sweeping S berm before the moonbooter/booger-sugar/whatever is so nice when it's not cratered.

Was proline DM closed because of softness?

July 12, 2019, 7:31 a.m.

yes. patrol had a look for us and general feeling was that spoons of jumps were soft and would be damaged if opened.

July 12, 2019, 11:22 p.m.

If you ever thought to yourself, “Holy moly, A-Line is a neat trail”, you should cancel whatever you’re doing for the next few days and ride it.

A lot.

I don’t think it’s ever been this good.

July 14, 2019, 12:16 a.m.

Pretty big update today. 

The little nose-bonk jump that was before the jump-wall-ride from 30 years ago was reverted back to nose-bonk status after it was lipped yesterday.

In other news, tech-Aline-south was under many many shovels and then the Indonesian monsoons hit. 

If you noticed a dude falling off Lower Canadian Open after all the fun stuff into the Monkey Hands runoff, I wasn't the first, but I was a few of them.

July 14, 2019, 9:35 p.m.

Yeah Rick onecutmedia did an Aline vid Friday with my son in front of him. A line has never been so sendy.

If I didn’t love Garbo tech so much I’d go check ALine out!!!!

EDIT: Received a few requests for the link to the video...here is it: what the hell is going on with my 14yo?

https://youtu.be/e7pjt09vUxg

Last edited by: Ddean on July 15, 2019, 12:20 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 15, 2019, 10:53 p.m.

A-Line tech section is very nice now. Trails up top still a little muddy in sections.

July 16, 2019, 9:56 a.m.

Posted by: Ddean

Yeah Rick onecutmedia did an Aline vid Friday with my son in front of him. A line has never been so sendy.

If I didn’t love Garbo tech so much I’d go check ALine out!!!!

EDIT: Received a few requests for the link to the video...here is it: what the hell is going on with my 14yo?

Jackson needs to get some tricks in now.

July 16, 2019, 7:25 p.m.

Sweet trail-forking Christ... rode Seven Year War for the first time this year and the poor girl is dead.

Everything else is all-fucking-time.

July 16, 2019, 9:10 p.m.

Goats is not all time. I’m going straight from OSin to InDeep because Goats is no fun these days. Last time I rode it there was a river running down it. 

I went down HARD on Monkey Hands today under the gondola at those two little quick turns. FAST and I lost my front wheel. BAM into that dirt, which is like cement. Sore but ok. Wrecked one of my new Chromag grips on the second lap after I put them on!!!!

July 16, 2019, 9:20 p.m.

LOL, Goat's is my, "I'll do it once every year or three".  I prefer to bomb right past the fucker after OSIN to hit the rock wall ride on BV.

I will also concede MH is not all-time.  I don't think it has ever been all-time...

July 16, 2019, 9:38 p.m.

(FWIW, whenever I ride Monkey Hands I treat it like a bomb ready to go off)

July 16, 2019, 10:34 p.m.

Got the hardest jump on crabs on auto now.  If you don't jump the Crab Turns rock to #2 but roll it leisurely, two to three pedal strokes and a gentle pop will see you off to #3 proper.

July 17, 2019, 11:44 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Sweet trail-forking Christ... rode Seven Year War for the first time this year and the poor girl is dead.

Ah, that's too bad. We avoided it because I figured it was so exposed and loamy, chances are it was a mud bog. That trail was so good earlier in the season. Even with the work on Una Moss (way more fun to ride now), the 7 Year War/More combo was one of my favorite trails back to the direction of creekside. 

Rode fatcrobat for the first time since it was Black Velvet. Man, I love old school wood features, even though they were slicker than grease last week. Finally had the chance to ride Midgaard too. Unfortunately I found out quickly why it was closed for so long. It was nothing more than a long mud bog. Fun as hell, and a really well thought out trail, but I hope it survives the wet weather. Same goes for the rest of creekside, tearing up trails, and beating the hell out of the bike notwithstanding, it was a really fun weekend. Something about getting dirty while riding a bike still makes me smile.

July 18, 2019, 3:34 p.m.

Posted by: hypa

Posted by: ReductiMat

Ah, that's too bad. We avoided it because I figured it was so exposed and loamy, chances are it was a mud bog. That trail was so good earlier in the season. Even with the work on Una Moss (way more fun to ride now), the 7 Year War/More combo was one of my favorite trails back to the direction of creekside.

Rode fatcrobat for the first time since it was Black Velvet. Man, I love old school wood features, even though they were slicker than grease last week. Finally had the chance to ride Midgaard too. Unfortunately I found out quickly why it was closed for so long. It was nothing more than a long mud bog. Fun as hell, and a really well thought out trail, but I hope it survives the wet weather. Same goes for the rest of creekside, tearing up trails, and beating the hell out of the bike notwithstanding, it was a really fun weekend. Something about getting dirty while riding a bike still makes me smile.

I really like that section of 7 year war on the ski run. Off cambers, drops to corners, gaps to cut s turns. lots of fun. Took my first lap down DM on Tuesday. Good times, so well built. Followed a couple of buddies and a kiwi on his second lap ever in the park, on a trail bike, in a half lid. savage.

edit: he was trail bike and half lid and savage. me not so much...

Last edited by: nortonwhis on July 18, 2019, 3:34 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 19, 2019, 10:01 a.m.

Well all Whistler Bike park edits will be boring now after this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyq5ndvo1CY