WBP 19

June 23, 2019, 2:32 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: ReductiMat

I took out the picture-taking-thing and recorded a lap of Rutabaga.

no gloves? i bet you ride shirtless and in flip flops too.

That’s Wyn.

June 23, 2019, 2:33 p.m.

No glove. No love. ¯\(ツ)

June 23, 2019, 3:23 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: ReductiMat

I took out the picture-taking-thing and recorded a lap of Rutabaga.

no gloves? i bet you ride shirtless and in flip flops too.

Wife beater?

June 23, 2019, 7:57 p.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

Posted by: nickel

gloves suck.

up to the moment you crash. then they don‘t

I've crashed plenty of times with no gloves and with gloves. I'm not convinced a bike glove does anything. certainly not enough to make up for the awful feeling.

June 24, 2019, 12:39 a.m.

Missfire is fucking great, thank you Gravity Logic and trail crew. Lucked out with timing this weekend I guess, same as I did with Delayed Fuse a few seasons back on the fall preview weekend. Feels so good to ride something that fresh from lift access. Great to have more singletrack tech, I was one of the one's asking for it. Bottom of Earth Circus under the gondi is silly dusty/dry, like Crankworx feeling, hope it rained up there this evening.

June 24, 2019, 11:45 p.m.

Aw man we waited all day Sunday for the sign at the top of Fitz to say open on Missfire. Next weekend we’ll be there. 

How do you get to it? We were just going to push up the end of top of the world.

June 25, 2019, 5:08 a.m.

it's really quite easy to get to. it's well below the end of totw

June 25, 2019, 10:24 a.m.

Cheez1ts - the start of Midgard/Missfire is just off Una Moss where it turns right onto Expressway ski run/road. Basically, follow Una Moss (don't turn right into 7 Year War) and you will see a bridge on the left and the trail entrance is right there, no pedaling/pushing required to get up.

Speaking of, anyone ride Midgard? What's it like?

June 25, 2019, 1:16 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Cheez1ts - the start of Midgard/Missfire is just off Una Moss where it turns right onto Expressway ski run/road. Basically, follow Una Moss (don't turn right into 7 Year War) and you will see a bridge on the left and the trail entrance is right there, no pedaling/pushing required to get up.

Speaking of, anyone ride Midgard? What's it like?

Only done it once.. if my goldfish memory isn't failing me, I remember it as a tight-ish, loamy flow trail like Earth Circus minus the rocks.

June 30, 2019, 5:43 p.m.

Missed a couple of days.

The rain was so needed.

Dirty with its new implants was sloppy as.

Crabs was closed probably for the same reason.

A-Line is all time.

FT/NJ was closed after CS gondy, but you could jump right back in at the creekside fork off of Express-way.  Dirt has been hauled into NJ there and it's going to be fucking fast.  Drop-In was closed because it seems like it has gotten a lot of new dirt so you no longer need to fear broken spokes or rims.

Misfire/Midgard still closed as of the morning.

The next couple of days is going to be all-time.  Just don't ride when I'm riding.

June 30, 2019, 9:09 p.m.

Is the Drop-In/NJ Junction still a suicide-fest or has it been flagged properly?

June 30, 2019, 10:58 p.m.

Glad to see some older trails are getting some love. I have seen wheels get taco-ed by going too far right on Drop in Clinic.

Thread killer

July 2, 2019, 2:37 p.m.

The very beginning of A-line has a medium-sized excavator turning that little step down more into a jump it seems.  Anyways, lots of dirt in piles, should be good once done.

nickel, any tips/comments on why I always seem to be landing the last Dirty jump to manual most of the time?  Popping too-late?  Seem to be struggling with that one and Crab #2 a lot these days.

July 2, 2019, 3 p.m.

Do you yank up on the bars when you jump? if so, this could be the issue. does it happen anywhere else? often happens when people are needing to work for speed. a bit like overcompensating for speed if that makes sense? try and generate more pop through your legs maybe? hard to say from a keyboard...

July 2, 2019, 9:54 p.m.

Posted by: nickel

Do you yank up on the bars when you jump? if so, this could be the issue. does it happen anywhere else? often happens when people are needing to work for speed. a bit like overcompensating for speed if that makes sense? try and generate more pop through your legs maybe? hard to say from a keyboard...

I want to say, "No, I press down and let the rest take care of itself" but maybe I am yanking too much.  I have cased it way too many times now (and crab 2).  I feel like my speed is similar to Crab 4 on the end of DM, but maybe this just all comes down to a new jump and I don't see those too often.  Will keep on keepin' on.

(Hooray for the AL/HOD irrigation systems, they've turned out pretty fucking fantastic)