WBP 19

June 16, 2019, 5:15 p.m.

I think Rutabaga should be single Black but with an asterix...

* If you want to hit that step up before the second big DM drop, you gotta have pro-skills to rail the four berms

I got my front tire over the knuckle, but my brain is screaming there is no way you can keep your speed through them.  nickel, you or Remy or Reece or Chris or or or should do a video to show it's at least possible :D

The spicy stepdowns are super fun and the speed reset before letting it all out before the very last step up is perfect... I'm wondering if a bail-out left option might be handy for the times when a pod of "I gotta tell everyone I did DM" go through Rutabaga and don't think to shoulder-check left at the merge point. 

FWIW, I was playing with Ruta today desperately trying to get that friggin stepup when Reece and a few went over me at the second drop.  I waited at the merge point, but it takes way longer to do the proline DM trail than the end of Ruta.

Anyways, now that Creekside is 100% completely viable combined with an open Garbo, the busiest Fitz ever got was a singles line 10-15 people deep (just before 11:00).  On a Sunday.  With perfect temperature.

June 17, 2019, 9:48 p.m.

So regarding the step-up on Rutabaga... skip the first berm and just focus on the last three.  I can almost get my rear-wheel to the knuckle now.

June 18, 2019, 11:18 a.m.

Anyone have a video link of updated Rutabaga? Trying to wrap my head around what's new and old and how the two lines run now.

June 18, 2019, 12:29 p.m.

Was gonna film one today but couldn’t find my chesty.  Will get one done in a day or two.

June 18, 2019, 11:33 p.m.

So from what I've been told, it is indeed deadfall of two big trees that will have Misfire/Midgard closed for a bit till they find a way to clean it up.

As for Rutabaga, I'm just gonna come out and say "the" step-up is flat out impossible.  I've really tried.  It's still a fun trail, so do it.

June 19, 2019, 5:20 a.m.

We'll no doubt do something about that step up in the not so distant future.

As for midguard/misfire, we went in and dropped the crazy hangup that was stopping work for the contractors so they're back at it buttoning up whatever needs buttoning. AFAIK it's mostly railings and such at this point.

June 19, 2019, 7:33 a.m.

Awesome news on all fronts, thanks!

June 19, 2019, 2:05 p.m.

When Midguard/Missfire open, I assume it's cool to (safely) push up from Hwy86 bridge to drop in? Or is the idea those are supposed to be linked from Top of the World only?

June 19, 2019, 2:16 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

When Midguard/Missfire open, I assume it's cool to (safely) push up from Hwy86 bridge to drop in? Or is the idea those are supposed to be linked from Top of the World only?

There’s already a worn out path off Una 😂

June 19, 2019, 4:24 p.m.

With the work that's gone in above the top out of Creekside Gondola you start to wonder if there is a long long term plan for Red chair get's bike chairs on it. 

When the glaciers have all melted out and the ski season is only a few weeks long, a 10 month a year bike park sounds like smart planning.

June 19, 2019, 4:39 p.m.

Posted by: earleb

With the work that's gone in above the top out of Creekside Gondola you start to wonder if there is a long long term plan for Red chair get's bike chairs on it. 

When the glaciers have all melted out and the ski season is only a few weeks long, a 10 month a year bike park sounds like smart planning.

Here's to hoping they start hiring more trail crew.  (Saw the advert for them hiring today on insta, hope it's for new hires and not replacements)

Speaking of Red Chair... they were running that fucker at half-speed last year.  It's a slow ride up there with your bike, not worth it at all. I suspect it's for the benefit of the sight-seeers (jesus, how do you spell that word?).

June 19, 2019, 4:42 p.m.

ha I didn't know Red was running for the tourists and bikes, so it's already happening (slowly I guess). 

Get it running full speed, then bring on the Harmony zone expansion.

June 20, 2019, 12:18 p.m.

I might be wrong, but I think they have to run the open chair lifts slower for sightseers due to an unfortunate accident on one of the chairs a few years ago. Bikers are uploading only and need a given level of physical fitness to ride the park so they don't need to slow the chair down if it's bike only.

June 20, 2019, 10:38 p.m.

No kidding!  I missed that one completely...

nickel, so crabs is looking really fucking great these days.  Do I dare to hope that rider-testing is very soon?

June 20, 2019, 10:49 p.m.

I took out the picture-taking-thing and recorded a lap of Rutabaga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyRnUSCYDqw