WBP 19

June 2, 2019, 5:26 p.m.

few features to test to ensure all works safely and as intended. Soon, soon...

June 3, 2019, 12:28 p.m.

Noticed some of the new Creekside trails are on the 2019 map: https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/-/media/whistler-blackcomb/products/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/mountain-bike-park/orientation-guide/2019_bike_park_map_final.ashx

This must be Missfire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvhdYQxdiuc can't wait to check that out

June 3, 2019, 11:23 p.m.

speaking of trails on the map, is there a reason why renegade is never shown on the official map?

June 4, 2019, 7:30 p.m.

You guys talk more about renegade than probably the entire rest of the world's mountain biking population. I don't know what to make of it.

June 4, 2019, 10:19 p.m.

If you put a lap counter on Renegade I'm sure it'd be right up there with A-Line.

Had a look at crabs today and while the little hippy berm at the end looks done, the top is still littered with pink spray paint and flags... that made me sad.  But when Crab Turns kicked me back towards DM I got happy again.  It would appear the last jump is done and assuming they start from the top and work their way done, I'd say we are very close.

No more merging with duffman folks by the long-gone creek gap.  The big bridge that goes over EZDI has a really low angle lip but with a bit of a landing after a long bridge, which would seem to indicate that you should be hauling fucking ass and that if you clear the bridge your speed is good for the final glorious step-up.  Am I out to lunch on that nickel?  I suspect the lip of the step-up is going to be slaughtered for the first couple of weeks.

Last edited by: ReductiMat on June 4, 2019, 10:20 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 5, 2019, 5:26 a.m.

The bridge is set up the way it is to best accommodate everything going on there. two trails merging together over a bridge "feature" as well as a split after it, different speeds etc.

The exit for del boca vista will now be on your right, sending you up around into ezdi then under the overpass to dbv and shady.

The trail will likely be littered with rubberneckers for a while.

June 5, 2019, 8:15 a.m.

If WBP did away with bridges and just had gaps over trails these things would get finished sooner :)

June 5, 2019, 9:49 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

$5 a day assuming a two week holiday and no trips to the clinic.

Well shit, there goes that assumption for me. And I ain't on no holiday :(
See you in July WBP. See you in 2 weeks X-ray machine.

June 5, 2019, 4:49 p.m.

Posted by: _kram_

Well that fucking sucks.  Hope you heal up fast!

June 6, 2019, 3:27 p.m.

10/10 hero dirt condition today, yesterday's rain was great.

June 6, 2019, 4:16 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Noticed some of the new Creekside trails are on the 2019 map: https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/-/media/whistler-blackcomb/products/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/mountain-bike-park/orientation-guide/2019_bike_park_map_final.ashx

This must be Missfire:

can't wait to check that out

how all trails should be....  nice to see less bikepark trails in the bikepark.

June 6, 2019, 7:55 p.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

Posted by: grambo

This must be Missfire:

can't wait to check that out

how all trails should be....  nice to see less bikepark trails in the bikepark.

Sounds like you have some big ideas!

You should slide into nickels inbox and maybe you can finally put WBP on the map!

June 8, 2019, 10:24 a.m.

Posted by: _kram_

Well that fucking sucks.  Hope you heal up fast!

Cheers man. At least July isn't too far off and I'll have a good amount of summer and fall riding after that. Hopefully it will coincide with the new Stevie Smith trail opening. Anyone know how that's coming along?

June 8, 2019, 10:57 a.m.

it's a longer term project. no work has yet happened there this year. focus is DM and getting Creek/garbo open.

June 8, 2019, 11:02 a.m.

Posted by: nickel

it's a longer term project. no work has yet happened there this year. focus is DM and getting Creek/garbo open.

Ah ok. Thanks for the reply.