WBP 19

May 13, 2019, 8:48 p.m.

I once thought I’d attempt that line. 

Then that video was posted.

May 14, 2019, 4:17 a.m.

I haven’t ridden the park in a few years but I never found that line to be any big deal. Stay calm,small huck at the bottom. There’s stuff on Captain safety or Goats that intimidate me far worse.

May 16, 2019, 3:06 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Isn't there a trail called Joker's Wild somewhere around Renegade or Duffman? I seem to recall a trail sign somewhere in that area.

Dealer's choice,?

May 16, 2019, 3:55 p.m.

Yeah that's a less intrusive line then the guy I watched take....if the proper line is 12 oclock and that huck to flat was 1:00, the guy I saw took 2 o'clock and crashed into the bottom of the tree on the other side of the chute. Im pretty sure that's exactly what would happen to me if I attempted that move, so I shall take a pass.

May 19, 2019, 1:02 p.m.

Happy days upon us again.

As someone who never did Crapapple until last year, can someone tell me how long it usually takes to get it up and running?

May 19, 2019, 6:06 p.m.

Is there some sort of Edge card dealio for the WBP? Or is it now another #vailfail

May 19, 2019, 9:43 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Happy days upon us again.

As someone who never did Crapapple until last year, can someone tell me how long it usually takes to get it up and running?

Bad news people.  When you see lines spray-painted in the mud and flags in certain spots... it's gonna be dug up.  And the WBP crew will have to deal with the fallout for something that predated them by a long time.

As someone who recently ran a 50 amp circuit to my hot tub I read and followed the code that it should be a certain depth underground.  The "contractors" Whistler hired however many moons ago did not know this.

May 20, 2019, 5:59 a.m.

Remember kids, click before you dig.

All kidding aside, did any one get hurt.

May 20, 2019, 9:42 a.m.

From what I was told there was never an issue ever.  For whatever reason someone came and said you have to correct this now.

May 20, 2019, 9:43 a.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Is there some sort of Edge card dealio for the WBP? Or is it now another #vailfail

I heard some chair chatter about 5 & 10 pass cards.

May 20, 2019, 11:13 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

All kidding aside, did any one get hurt.

Wait, what's going on?

May 20, 2019, 1:16 p.m.

No one got hurt. The company is stepping its game up with mapping of infrastructure which led to an audit of all trails crossing buried infrastructure. We're in the process of bringing all of these up to code. You may have noticed a change to the end of upper A-line, Lower Angry Pirate, fresh dirt at top of B-line and a few other odd changes of varying levels. Much of this is related and will be ongoing. C-Hits is more complex and the team is in the process of figuring out and implementing a solution. Your patience is appreciated.

May 20, 2019, 7:58 p.m.

Which is great because the crew was probably sitting around bored most of the day and now they finally have some things to do.

Kidding aside, conditions are what is to be expected in May.  Fucking perfect.

The end-jump for DM is looking to be a beautiful monster.  The trees are gone so it will no longer be a small field-goal step-up, but one with a ton of acreage to get creative with.  Did an EZ lap to have a look at the other parts of DM and she looks ready to go.

Walked Crabs to see whats up and saw the scarlet pink at the start but didn't notice it further down.  I fucking hope they don't have to dig up 3 & 4.  A small machine was building up the end-berm before a-line so I have hope.

Feels like I haven't ridden DM in decades.  Hope we don't have to wait much longer.

May 21, 2019, 1:57 p.m.

Reductimat, you must hit that line on In Deep?!? That is the fun one to take. Not the lame chute.

Last edited by: ken-leggatt on May 22, 2019, 8:55 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 2, 2019, 12:26 a.m.

Ken, once or twice many many years ago.  If I'm doing InD/Fat I have the most fun going as fast as I can... and I think the fastest line is through the little chute.

As for my bike park update, it has stopped raining and it's getting fucking dry.  Thank Jesus they installed irrigation systems on A-Line and HOD.  They were either installing or working on the very last bit of ALine (GLC jump) today.

Crabs and DM are still closed, which fucking sucks.  A little hike up the bottom of DM shows what might be one of the top five jumps in the park (new ending step-up) and a brand new EZDI underpass of DM... which I'm really fucking hoping that is the last thing they need to do to open the fucking trail.