WBP 19

April 24, 2019, 11:30 p.m.

That big rock on In Deep has soooo much grip when it's dry. If you have super tacky tires I would think you might even be able to come pretty much to a full stop. You really could crawl down it if you wanted to.

April 25, 2019, 11:03 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: Kieran

I'd like to clean the straight down braids on Goats Gully and finally had the guts to hit all of Crabapple. But my collarbone might hold me back this year.

If you are anything like me, you will case #4 on your first go because it's hard to believe how fast you can go without landing to flat.

If you case #4 you will not only test the strength of your spindles, your cranks and your wheels but you will also test how well everything is put together in your body.

Yeah and that's why I think I might have to give it a miss this year.

April 29, 2019, 12:40 p.m.

I've thought about that rider's left rock on In Deep but same thing, consequences of screwing up are too high for me with a kid at home... it looks pretty straightforward though, roll with a bit of a pull-up to transition. Manager is another move I won't try because of consequences even if I think I could pull it off.

Haven't ridden Renegade yet would like to give that one a shot and mostly interested in new Creekside stuff. Don't see myself pushing any new lines/progression especially on a trail bike. TOTW link up laps and Blackcomb are what I'm most looking forward to up there this summer.

April 29, 2019, 9:15 p.m.

If you've ever ridden the Cherry Bomb on Cypress it makes Mangers seem pretty easy :)

In Deep rock is more hardcore IMO. I've done it a few times but its never something that feels right as the landing is littered with so many rocks.

May 1, 2019, 10:22 p.m.

That chute on In Deep freaks me out. Only tried it once & I crashed. The rock surface is on an angle & it seems your tire could skid sideways as you descend. Is pedal & BB clearance okay?

IMO, Renegade is one of the tougher trails in the park. That sharp, greasy left turn on the smooth rock is very tough. The rock face roll looks pretty difficult. I don't think I will try that one.

May 1, 2019, 10:41 p.m.

I'm with Stu.  Renegade can go fuck itself, I'll stick to Crab's.

nickel, assuming you want to/you can/are allowed to answer/are still reading here, should I be concerned about this snowpack?  It seems to be pretty resilient this year.

May 2, 2019, 8:47 a.m.

Renegade is awesome as long as it's dry. If not I go elsewhere. The rock roll is actually easier than the greasy left turn (which always seems greasy!), its just a bit rough at the bottom.

I watched a buddy of mine fall all the way down that thing a few years back after his front tire slipped out at the top. Luckily he only received a broken wrist for his troubles. I was sure it was going to be much worse.

May 2, 2019, 4:05 p.m.

I've never ridden either of those options but I've always thought the rock roll to the left looked much better than that bullshit left hander lol

May 2, 2019, 6:03 p.m.

I have cleaned the greasy bullshit left hander rock but have also crashed bad there. Perhaps Red is right....Renegade can go fuck itself, lol! Especially in the wet.

May 3, 2019, 12:13 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

IMO, Renegade is one of the tougher trails in the park. That sharp, greasy left turn on the smooth rock is very tough. The rock face roll looks pretty difficult. I don't think I will try that one.

i only rode it once, followed a flat mate. in the rain. i made it but it was „interesting“ 😂

Last edited by: Sethimus on May 3, 2019, 12:14 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 3, 2019, 6:34 p.m.

Isn't there a trail called Joker's Wild somewhere around Renegade or Duffman? I seem to recall a trail sign somewhere in that area.

May 9, 2019, 11:31 a.m.

WBP Unlimited! YAAASSSSSSSS!

I don't know this Renegade you are speaking of. Will look it up. I ONLY do the chute on In Deep (never the rock on riders left, and I don't see that changing)...I watched a poor soul lose balance on the fall away side of the rock and end up in total chaos as his bike ended up diagonal on the rock and veered right into the chute itself. That was a compelling enough pitch for me to keep to my right as I enter that section.

May 13, 2019, 10:48 a.m.

Posted by: Ddean

WBP Unlimited! YAAASSSSSSSS!

I don't know this Renegade you are speaking of. Will look it up. I ONLY do the chute on In Deep (never the rock on riders left, and I don't see that changing)...I watched a poor soul lose balance on the fall away side of the rock and end up in total chaos as his bike ended up diagonal on the rock and veered right into the chute itself. That was a compelling enough pitch for me to keep to my right as I enter that section.

Renegade is off Duffman and connects into EZ/Dirt Merchant at the first turn.

Shit can definitely go wrong on that In Deep feature. There's the classic huck to flat save video that some dude pulled off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBuLvnnTbTs

May 13, 2019, 11:39 a.m.

I don't believe it. That guy was so lucky to not get hurt bad. Either that or talented enough to save himself.

Thread killer

May 13, 2019, 1:30 p.m.

I can’t not think of that every time I ride it.