WBP 19

Aug. 14, 2019, 12:57 p.m.

FFS, happens every year. A couple park laps and not I got the itch for many more. Damn drug dealers is what you guys are.

Aug. 14, 2019, 1:56 p.m.

nah we're worse. First one definitely isn't free

Aug. 15, 2019, 10:59 a.m.

Park is running as good as i have ever seen during crankworx. Had some great laps yesterday.

Aug. 16, 2019, 7:08 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ATJ-qvtrNA

Sam Reynolds takes the man's line on GG at 3:50.

Aug. 26, 2019, 9:24 a.m.

Wow, the park was running great this weekend but holy my hands were beat after two days. Amazing how out of shape they get if you haven't visited the park in a while.

Highlights for me...

Riding 3 laps with my 6  year old on Easy - she was stoked!!!

Missfire > delayed fuss > bc trail - greasy tech goodness all the way down.

New container on FT - much better now the drop has a long enough landing. The dude who tried to clear the whole thing should see a brain doc.

New dirty - holy cow. I had a lot of casing but still managed to pull off the road gaps. So good. Just need to find the groove all the day down. Comes with practice I suppose.

Goats gully - so tech, that mid corner is blown but a few hops and its easy to get.

Looking forward to getting back up there soon!

Last edited by: Kieran on Aug. 26, 2019, 9:28 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 26, 2019, 4:51 p.m.

Is Missfire/Delayed Fuse/BC's running decent? Not muddy? Was debating a trail bike park day vs. Alice Lake pedal this weekend. If the Creekside stuff is decent shape wouldn't mind racking up some vert on those trails with a Garbo tech lap or two as well.

Aug. 27, 2019, 7:12 a.m.

It was kinda muddy in spots. But that's what makes it fun right?

It seems that there is enough moisture in the air at night now that in the mornings it way muddier than the afternoon, especially if the sun is out. Did the lap twice on Sunday at those times and it was very different by the afternoon.

Aug. 27, 2019, 10:44 a.m.

The mud at Creekside is something else. It's not mud, it's like the devil's sludge that gets into every crevice and pivot. My poor bike and asscrack, lmao.

Attempting to ride Sabretooth after a rain is almost a suicide mission. But it beats the fire road any day. That road is responsible for most of our tire issues this year. 

anyone know if there any plans to build a blue trail on creekside to bypass the fire road?

Aug. 27, 2019, 11:51 a.m.

I didn't think Sabretooth was that rowdy. Perhaps much different in the wet.

Aug. 27, 2019, 6:34 p.m.

Posted by: hypa

The mud at Creekside is something else. It's not mud, it's like the devil's sludge that gets into every crevice and pivot. My poor bike and asscrack, lmao.

Attempting to ride Sabretooth after a rain is almost a suicide mission. But it beats the fire road any day. That road is responsible for most of our tire issues this year. 

anyone know if there any plans to build a blue trail on creekside to bypass the fire road?

Mid guard is a blue that gets you to creek without going on cross roads, starts higher up though

Aug. 27, 2019, 7:06 p.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

Posted by: hypa

Mid guard is a blue that gets you to creek without going on cross roads, starts higher up though

I haven't been to the two M's in many weeks.. how are they doing?

Aug. 27, 2019, 8:25 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

Yeah totally fine in the dry but definitely is prone to getting muddy/slippery very easily and then you have to slip and slide your way down. All of Creekside seems a lot more prone to mud vs. other parts of the mountain.

Aug. 27, 2019, 9:07 p.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

Posted by: Kieran

Yeah totally fine in the dry but definitely is prone to getting muddy/slippery very easily and then you have to slip and slide your way down. All of Creekside seems a lot more prone to mud vs. other parts of the mountain.

Dense trees, more natural springs and only direct sunlight until the end of the day = fun times!

Aug. 29, 2019, 11:24 p.m.

Hey nickel, I already sent a request via Trail Enganged, but just wanted to make sure you guys were aware Jesus came by and said the On-Off berm on Dirty should split to Crabs.

Imagine how good life would be.

Aug. 30, 2019, 8:17 a.m.

what exactly is the on-off berm? you mean the berm after the up box but before the drop over ezdi? Just hang a right before the drop and peddle across after atlantis dog!  You'll be missing all the best parts of the merchant though.