WBP 18

Oct. 2, 2018, 10:04 p.m.

Warning! The new Feature is - Snow

Oct. 2, 2018, 10:29 p.m.

Hahahaha

It’ll be gone by tomorrow I’m hoping.  Gonna be sloppy for the next few days.

Oct. 3, 2018, 5:31 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

You can hardly notice it!

nickel, were you guys prepping the aline irrigator for the freeze or was it bust?  (Or none of the above)

both...

Oct. 3, 2018, 10:49 a.m.

I brought out the gimbal yesterday morning because I wanted some footy to keep me sane during the winter. This is one of the funnest laps in the park.

Is that just a Hero 7 or is it mounted on a Karma grip? I've been looking at some Hero 7 only Hypersmooth footage and it's pretty impressive. At the point where I am tempted to buy one for messing around with as it's stable enough without a gimbal. Colours look nice too, did you edit it?

Oct. 3, 2018, 11:41 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

I brought out the gimbal yesterday morning because I wanted some footy to keep me sane during the winter. This is one of the funnest laps in the park.

Is that just a Hero 7 or is it mounted on a Karma grip? I've been looking at some Hero 7 only Hypersmooth footage and it's pretty impressive. At the point where I am tempted to buy one for messing around with as it's stable enough without a gimbal. Colours look nice too, did you edit it?

That was the Hero 5 on a Karma Grip. I did bite at the Hero7 when I saw hypersmooth. I did the same lap as the video above two days later with just the Hero7 in hyperboostplussmooth.. but it was cold and greasy as, so it wasn't quite at the same pace as the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAsCGCjOxok&t=2s

Pretty damn good if you ask me. I shoot in as raw as possible then color correct after.

Last edited by: ReductiMat on Oct. 3, 2018, 11:42 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 3, 2018, 12:43 p.m.

That works really well! 

My son has a 5 Session with an expensive gimbal and, after seeing that, Im not sure gimbals are needed anymore. I was thinking of picking up a 5 session or a 5 black to mount under my visor as it seems that if you mount on your head gimbals are not necessary....

Chest mounting a 7 looks great!

Oct. 3, 2018, 12:59 p.m.

Fairly sure the season is over. Most runs closed sans A-Line,  oriental express, B-Line and Crank it Up. Rain this weekend may help clear it up. Lift lines are nonexistent  though.

Oct. 3, 2018, 1:06 p.m.

temps are meant to climb tomorrow. I'd expect the white stuff to clear out pretty quick but who knows.

Oct. 3, 2018, 1:29 p.m.

Posted by: Ddean

That works really well! 

My son has a 5 Session with an expensive gimbal and, after seeing that, Im not sure gimbals are needed anymore. I was thinking of picking up a 5 session or a 5 black to mount under my visor as it seems that if you mount on your head gimbals are not necessary....

Chest mounting a 7 looks great!

The closer you can get it to your body, the better the footy will be as you can see your bike.  With a gimbal it pushes the camera pretty far away... so the 7 gets a big thumbs up from me.

Oct. 3, 2018, 1:30 p.m.

Can we get an end of day update? 

Spouse and I were going to head up tomorrow, finally two kiddos in full time daycare and life settled to a point to snag a mid-week day. All was running smooth till old man winter decided to drop some snow early.

Oct. 3, 2018, 5:05 p.m.

I got in two laps late this afternoon.  I stopped because of all body parts, my inner-thighs were wet and freezing (better head on over to that waterproof shorts thread).  I only did two A-Line laps today.

Under the chair it's complete shit, but then after that it's actually decent.

The forecast for today was completely off.  Was supposed to get to double digits and be partly cloudy.  It's been cloudy all day and fucking cold.  Like two to three degrees.

This is shit.  We all know next week it's all going to be gone and be nice and sunny and we'll have lost our last week of the park.  Fucking Vail.

Oct. 3, 2018, 6:21 p.m.

Fuck Vail. It's probably also fucking Vail's fault that all my Woocommerce uploads were fucked today and even if it was sunshine and unicorns tomorrow with #alltimefalltime conditions I can't now go ride. Cross fingers for some warmth tomorrow and good conditions Friday and I am able to get away from work.

Oct. 3, 2018, 7:38 p.m.

Fuck fuck-itty fuck.

Being away for a good portion of the season and then dealing with a new devil of a child, laid to rest any chance of serious laps this year. I was hoping that this weekend would at least satisfy my hunger a little. With Garbo closed and low temps even if its OK weather its going to be a gong show in Fitz.

FUCK!

Oct. 3, 2018, 7:54 p.m.

If I were a betting man, I'd say we're all good for this weekend, but all you cunts from all over the place will be making me wait 30 minutes per chair.  You're all terrible people.

Oct. 4, 2018, 5:47 a.m.

spotwx.com

just gonna put that here.