WBP 18

Aug. 25, 2018, 11:49 a.m.

It don’t look like the drop is going to be Clowned...

Did an EZ lap this morning to check things out.  Work was pretty furious.

Aug. 25, 2018, 9:43 p.m.

Looks decently big from the angle, hopefully I still have the sack when I get back in the park haha.

Aug. 27, 2018, 11:24 a.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Yeah count me out on new DM. That shit is way too big for me lol

Damn, you and me both.

Remember when the step down/step up, and creek gap were the biggest features?

lol, damn!

Aug. 27, 2018, 12:58 p.m.

Looks great from that angle. Cant wait to give her.

It would have been way more impressive if the gap was over the EZ trail though :)

Aug. 27, 2018, 2:20 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

Looks great from that angle. Cant wait to give her.

It would have been way more impressive if the gap was over the EZ trail though :)

Hahaha I was thinking the exact same thing.

Aug. 27, 2018, 6:56 p.m.

Road South Park and Earth Circus for the first time today.. those are really fun and wickedly built.

Wish there were a few more jumps.

Aug. 27, 2018, 9:56 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Road South Park and Earth Circus for the first time today.. those are really fun and wickedly built.

The dirt in there was amazing today after the weekend's rain. I couldn't stop lapping the two, discovering little side hits here and there. Earth Circus feels like it goes on forever. Love it.

Aug. 28, 2018, 12:37 p.m.

Posted by: dmc

The dirt in there was amazing today after the weekend's rain. I couldn't stop lapping the two, discovering little side hits here and there. Earth Circus feels like it goes on forever. Love it.

It doesn't just feel like it goes on forever, it actually does!  Lol. Those trails are a ton of fun though. I commute via the bike park back and forth to the village now, because it's so much more fun than riding 4km on the valley trail.

Reductimat, I was talking to one of the patrollers while helping out a guy with a flat, and he said the only access they have to most of those trails is actually the trail itself. An hour later, I stopped for a drink of water, and one of the WBP Gators came down the trail. It was tight in the switchbacks, but he made it. 5 minutes later, he was driving up the trail with an injured rider. Jumps on that trail would make it too difficult for emergency vehicles to get down there.

Aug. 28, 2018, 4:33 p.m.

That thought never actually crossed my mind in the slightest.

It's good I'm not in charge of that shit.

Sept. 1, 2018, 7:53 p.m.

Yeah, just to confirm, if you're going to ride Creekside, don't eat shit and don't flat.  Especially on your front tire.  Thanks to the Seattle couple who insisted on giving me a tube and letting me use your pump.  (My front was flat by the first berm of South Park).

nickel, any news on Dirt Merchant?  I'm really missing her.

Sept. 1, 2018, 8:33 p.m.

Yeah, just to confirm, if you're going to ride Creekside, don't eat shit and don't flat.  Especially on your front tire.  Thanks to the Seattle couple who insisted on giving me a tube and letting me use your pump.  (My front was flat by the first berm of South Park).

nickel, any news on Dirt Merchant?  I'm really missing her.

much work to be done in dirty merch. 

magic 8 ball sez " outlook uncertain."

Sept. 3, 2018, 1:38 p.m.

I will be very sad if I can’t put her to bed for the year.. is the rutabaga line bust till the proline is done?

Sept. 3, 2018, 6:35 p.m.

it's a complex project. rutabaga needs to be realigned to work with the drop over it, as well as a few changes to add features. golden triangle and ezdi also get realigned to make space for a third overpass and free up the space to keep ezdi separate from dirt merchant and reduce traffic conflict between different user groups. The third overpass will also need to accommodate rutabaga. lots of fine tuning to make everything work well. 

having said that, we're discussing leaving the 3rd overpass for the fall and buttoning everything up to the creek gap to give the people a second taste. we shall see.

Sept. 3, 2018, 10:55 p.m.

Jesus.

If I promise to ride next year would that help sway the vote to let Dirt Merch be free for a few weeks?

I can buy a few pitchers if need be.

Sept. 4, 2018, 2:07 p.m.

What a weekend of yahoos.

From the renters in short shorts (dudes, ugh), to the strava lappers on Heart of Darkness, it was a gong show.

That said, it was the best gong show weekend I've had there in years. Top to bottom laps, In Deep, No Joke, creekside, and laps of a-line. I haven't ridden a-line in years! 

I've been riding Whistler since 06'. The same tabletops that used to give me trouble on a-line, still give me trouble, lol!