WBP 18

Aug. 1, 2018, 10:20 p.m.

Ha, I'm not fond of south park and earth circus either, to each their own. Today's phat Wednesday course (schleyer to Canadian open)  on the other hand, so much fun! I wasn't fast but who cares

Aug. 1, 2018, 11:07 p.m.

The latest on my mind are:

I figured out the love for Rutebega this year.  While the new berms are kinda wrong, the old ones are all about two wheel drifting, and it is grin inducing.

The second is I’m hoping we will get both something massively sendy and something massively boosty (albeit < Crab 4) in the new dirty section.  Given the room they have I suspect neither will happen but a boy can dream.

I still struggle to imagine how they got that massive machine in there.

Aug. 2, 2018, 5:31 a.m.

I think you'll be pleased with new dirt merchant. I wouldn't presume to know what you mean by sendy, but it's got some nice shapes. Lumps in all the right places if you know what i mean. 

As for the big machine, it just squeaks it's way into the forest, quiet as a church mouse.

Aug. 4, 2018, 5:11 p.m.

I WILL ACTUALLY PAY SOMEONE TO TEACH ME HOW TO JUMP I AM SO FRUSTRATED AND EMBARRASSED FUCK THIS

Aug. 4, 2018, 6:08 p.m.

When the GLC Drop was finally replaced by the decidedly milder "GLC Step-Up", I was one of the many that lamented its loss. Yes, I concede the roll-able "drop" had not been a proper drop for many years, but, but... the nostalgia!

Where else would I get my daily dose of schadenfreude, watching jerrys in stormtrooper outfits eating it while having après beers on the patio?

Well, I don't know what was up this Saturday afternoon, but in the time span of two pints at the GLC, I saw over a dozen people eat it hard on that final feature. There were several proper mulit-bike pileups, concussions, and one crash requiring a patroller. Groms, old folks, rental bikes, Aussies in Hawaiian shirts — there seemed to be no discrimination.

Sketchy, loose landings? I couldn't figure it out, but it wasn't pretty. :(

Aug. 4, 2018, 6:26 p.m.

Posted by: dmc

When the GLC Drop was finally replaced by the decidedly milder "GLC Step-Up", I was one of the many that lamented its loss. Yes, I concede the roll-able "drop" had not been a proper drop for many years, but, but... the nostalgia!

Where else would I get my daily dose of schadenfreude, watching jerrys in stormtrooper outfits eating it while having après beers on the patio?

Well, I don't know what was up this Saturday afternoon, but in the time span of two pints at the GLC, I saw over a dozen people eat it hard on that final feature. There were several proper mulit-bike pileups, concussions, and one crash requiring a patroller. Groms, old folks, rental bikes, Aussies in Hawaiian shirts — there seemed to be no discrimination.

Sketchy, loose landings? I couldn't figure it out, but it wasn't pretty. :(

The big gusts of wind this afternoon might have done the trick? Saw it was closed at some point

Aug. 4, 2018, 6:29 p.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

The big gusts of wind this afternoon might have done the trick? Saw it was closed at some point

Ahh, right. That might've been it. The folks at the GLC removed all of the patio umbrellas after a gust of wind took an entire table's worth of food and drink down.

Aug. 4, 2018, 10:11 p.m.

The GLC jump is a beaut, but the gusts of winds these past two days were real. You might have seen me bar-hump land to berm on one of them after a pretty viscious one.

GLC drops are available on Crank It Up.

Last edited by: ReductiMat on Aug. 4, 2018, 10:27 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 5, 2018, 4:22 p.m.

Is Midguard still under construction in Creekside?  I see it on the Whistler trail map, but marked as closed.  Nothing on TrailForks. 

How are you people linking TOTW into Southpark and Earth Circus?

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

Aug. 5, 2018, 8:24 p.m.

Yeah, still closed but close.

Brian mentioned WBP was working with a nerd to tackify the dirt.  Was today the eureka moment?  ALine was hero all day.

Aug. 5, 2018, 9:46 p.m.

The science stuff didn't work out at all.  Aline glory is due to water. We're still dialing in the irrigation system and it's really starting to show its worth. 

As for linking totw to creekside, there's a few options. The most obvious is totw-no joke-crossroads. Look for midguard in a couple weeks from what i know.

Aug. 5, 2018, 10:18 p.m.

You guys have it fucking dialed now... End of day laps were stupid. 

That said, can WBP water the GLC jump at noon instead of between 9:45-11?  There's a fiver in it for you.

Aug. 5, 2018, 10:30 p.m.

As an aside, I don't know how connected you are to your Insta crew, but that was me who sported the neck tats from your trail-closed sign.

My kingdom for someone to replace those malevolent blue ropes with something that can gently inform me not to go that way...

Aug. 6, 2018, 8:40 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

As an aside, I don't know how connected you are to your Insta crew, but that was me who sported the neck tats from your trail-closed sign.

My kingdom for someone to replace those malevolent blue ropes with something that can gently inform me not to go that way...

That sounds savage as hell. I must have missed that,i haven't been on insta to regularly lately. 

People hit the signs all the time. I'm sorry you got put in a chokehold by one.

Aug. 10, 2018, 9:14 a.m.

Planning on riding the park on Sunday - mostly to watch parts of the EWS race. Anyone know which sections on the mountain will be closed and where good places to watch would be? For example, for the Creekside stages - will all of Creekside be closed or will you be able to get to South Park? Would like to check out the Creekside stage and then the final big last stage.