WBP 18

July 19, 2018, 2:19 p.m.

Trailforks is listing Dusty's Downhill as closed...

July 21, 2018, 2:52 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Does anyone have news on Midgaard and the new Merchant bits?

Mr. Nickel has some comments on PB. Haven't noticed any other insider info online this season.

July 22, 2018, 9:32 a.m.

Link?

July 23, 2018, 10:37 a.m.

Remember a few years back when we made the higher entrance to dirt merchant? When we did that project there was a big desire to continue down the trail with a full refresh. A number of reasons meant we put that on the back burner at that time. Now we have it on the docket as something worth doing so we're doing it. Re route of dirt merchant bringing it in line with the top straight and also reinstating old rippin route rutabaga.

July 23, 2018, 11:54 a.m.

I see the shaping has begun.  Hope we don’t lose the step down before the berms that always get slaughtered, but that one spot is one of the few braking spots.  If the step down is going to survive, I’m starting to hit my head on the tree branch from the big option..

Hope the jumps will be big.  As much fun the CS trails have been, this is all I’ve been thinking about since Brian mentioned it back in May.

Any reason you can’t just schedule the A-Line watering to happen at certain times, write it on the Fitz board and just let us have at er?

July 23, 2018, 12:46 p.m.

Top of the world, RDS, BC trail, earth circus.

What a great lap, great way to end the day.

Saw the Largest marmot, I have ever seen on TOTW. Thing was a monster.

July 23, 2018, 1:05 p.m.

Scratch one of those questions.. the new part branches right before the step down.  If ya wanna hit Rutabega just carry on.

July 23, 2018, 4:22 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPEDLKQYkDM

Looks like Rat Camaro is back in town with his Hawaii crew. Pretty good videos of the park, just like Whitesnake2.

Thread killer

July 24, 2018, 10:45 a.m.

Had a great day on Saturday. Did TOTW to RDS to BC's Trail to Earth Circus, good workout for the arms/hands. I rode the newer bench cut sections at the top of RDS and found it very manageable, not scary at all and would call it a single black. Looked at some of the OG steeps and hit chute, definitely glad to have the DH bike for that. I would like to go back and ride the entire original line but because I was riding solo I kept it conservative. Such a great trail though and it is running prime right now. Is the last section of RDS after the merge into Delayed Fuse/Shomer Shabos no more? On Trailforks it looks like there's another couple hundred meters but I couldn't find it. On that note, many shovels must have been used on DF/SS, much smoother now with holes filled in and roots covered or cut -- fun and fast -- props to nickel and crew.

Having Red Chair to upload to the alpine is cool, hopefully it's in the cards to build some trails in future years after Creekside is built out.

That's probably my last park day for a while with a baby coming in a couple weeks. If anyone wants a deal on a large carbon Aurum with Fox Factory suspension, RF SIXC components, Saint/Zee drivetrain+brakes and Novatec Factor wheelset let me know.

July 24, 2018, 11:47 a.m.

pretty sure the end of RDS has been co-opted for all the other new stuff.....congrats on the kid, I'm a couple weeks out from that new reality too!

July 24, 2018, 2:22 p.m.

Posted by: FlipFantasia

pretty sure the end of RDS has been co-opted for all the other new stuff.....congrats on the kid, I'm a couple weeks out from that new reality too!

Thanks and congrats to you too... hopefully you can continue the biking/skiing at a decent clip since it's right out of your door. I'll be relegated to quick rips on the shore and the odd ski day for a few years I think. First world problems though and I'm not complaining, exciting new chapter!!

One more thing I forgot to post above, I have an even higher level of respect for the EWS pros now who put down sub 17 minute times racing Top of the World + RDS... that's just crazy shit.

July 24, 2018, 3:07 p.m.

Congrats you two.

Huge change to ones life but we live long enough to do it all.  

Before you know it they’ll be 16, enjoy every second to its fullest.

Mid Aline has been closed for two days. Can’t wait to see how smooth she is.

July 24, 2018, 3:08 p.m.

congratulations and welcome to dadlaps!
 Invest in some really good lights for night/morning riding

July 24, 2018, 4:26 p.m.

You gotta fit in the #NapLaps. Mom and baby go down for a mid day lap and you run out the door to squeeze in a quick ride. This is where being able to ride out your back door to trails is a life saver.

Aug. 1, 2018, 3:18 p.m.

Well boys, consider me shocked. After spending a few days checking out Creekside, I had the  chance to head up their with my 14 year old son.

I was expecting him to love south park to earth circus, as I feel they're great trails. But he hated them. He couldn't find his line, and the lack of jumps "bored" him, he said. "Too dusty, where are the jumps?!" he said.....

To me, that was crazy.  I mean, sure, he's entitled to his opinion, and he's actually a good kid. But it was a bit offensive for me to hear that. Especially considering that any lift equipped laps should be appreciated.

It reminded me that the scene and trails change, sometimes when certain users don't want them to. I remember when crews would tear out all the skinnies and replaced them with tabletops, and pumps. I was pissed because I loved skinnies. Maybe it's the natural progression of the sport? Or simply the challenge of the geography on creekside. All I know is that I'm not starting days in the village anymore. Creekside is where it's at.