WBP 18

June 20, 2018, 6:23 p.m.

I believe the air temperature in my house the last week has held steady at 58C.

June 20, 2018, 10:31 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Was out of town last weekend... dying to get up there on Sunday for Garbo and Creekside action. Things drying out with the heat this week? 

Anyone notice if roof of Creekside is still overheight for summer and not 2hr restriction like winter?

Delayed fuse is now totally dry

June 21, 2018, 5:05 a.m.

looking at the map planning my aug/sep shred holiday-Can`t see 7 year war? has it been canned? Loved that lil trail.

June 21, 2018, 6:31 a.m.

Posted by: hairy..

looking at the map planning my aug/sep shred holiday-Can`t see 7 year war? has it been canned? Loved that lil trail.

Rode it the other day, still there. Though the bottom part was labelled una moss

June 21, 2018, 12:45 p.m.

Heading up there tomorrow, and I've been checking out the maps. The biggest issue with Creekside, is that the first run of the day was always a rip down Dirt Merchant. Not too big a deal for me, but it's limiting for my boy as he's still riding a 24".  Adding a few blues in the mix is going to help that immensely as long as they're easier to get to.

That said, I'm confused as to how you would access these trails. A

My guess us, after you get off the Gondola, it looks like a short ride to Crossroads which accesses the new trails. Is that right?

June 21, 2018, 1:02 p.m.

Gondy -> 100 feet of Freight Train or No Joke -> Crossroads to a blue trail.  I can't see why you couldn't take Expressway there, but I've never actually done that so I can't say.

I didn't ride CS the last two days, but three days ago you were forced to do Delayed Fuse in between the sweet blue trails.  It's one of the tougher black diamonds on the mountain and it's not short.

June 21, 2018, 3:12 p.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

Posted by: hairy..

Rode it the other day, still there. Though the bottom part was labelled una moss

I think the idea is Una Moss now goes from Roundhouse all the way to Express Way/lower No Joke, they obviously want a blue trail to connect to Creekside from top of Garbo/Roundhouse so people can access that stuff without having to ride black trails or long fire roads. Will be interesting if they build more blue stuff from end of 7 year to Crossroads.

hypa: I believe you can ride up from Expressway to Crossroads, just turn left about 100 feet down the ski run (careful when you cross Freight Train/NJ as people will be flying). Might wanna check if South Park is open before you drop in though as ReductiMat says. There's a bunch of GoPro vid of Delayed Fuse on YouTube already if you wanna see what it's like.

June 23, 2018, 6:20 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjIC-cNQ-iU

that looks shit, would never want to ride that. FML :(

June 23, 2018, 10:13 a.m.

Some of those spots on the new trails remind me of my first ride down c-more. The bike was never the same after riding through all of the mud.

Maybe we'll stick to what we know for the first day, and hit up creekside on Monday when the crowds go home. 

But I will admit, I'm excited as hell with what they're doing on creekside. 

Thanks for all the info. It's time to hop on the bike and see what's what.

June 25, 2018, 10:40 a.m.

So Midgard is only accessible via Top of the World?

June 25, 2018, 11:02 a.m.

Posted by: DanL

So Midgard is only accessible via Top of the World?

Yes, unless you wanted to push-up for a few minutes from Expressway past the Highway 86 bridge.

Park was great yesterday. Insomnia is amazing, love the steep short berms. Only rode part of Earth Circus. Delayed Fuse is a treat with lots of line options in the corners as they bed in.

June 25, 2018, 11:29 a.m.

I'm looking forwards to it this weekend.
What are the options to get back to Whistler - Una Moss/Fright Train/No Joke/Duffman or Expressway->Bathtub or is that a legitimate path (black dashes) on the map from above the Una Moss/Expressway split to Blue Velvet ?

June 25, 2018, 4:10 p.m.

I'm looking forwards to it this weekend.
What are the options to get back to Whistler - Una Moss/Fright Train/No Joke/Duffman or Expressway->Bathtub or is that a legitimate path (black dashes) on the map from above the Una Moss/Expressway split to Blue Velvet ?

Do you mean getting to Fitz from the top of Creekside? The black dotted line is Bear Cub ski run/road which actually runs from Blue Velvet down to Creekside not the other way around. You are correct, your options are either Freight Train/Lower No Joke to FT, Duffman, Sidetrack, Mackenzie river, or Expressway (road/ski run) to Blueberry/Too Tight/D1. You can ride Expressway from the gondola to Blueberry and avoid black diamonds, that is the easiest way down right now.

Last edited by: grambo on June 25, 2018, 4:10 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 1, 2018, 6:05 p.m.

Dang. Looking forward to creekside today, started on Southpark but got quickly diverted to Delayed Fuse which was a sucking mud quagmire. But eventually it turned onto EarthCircus which was worth the steep price of admission. 

That’ll teach me to laugh at the “Worlds best riders riding like gapers” video

July 2, 2018, 6:50 p.m.

Dang. Looking forward to creekside today, started on Southpark but got quickly diverted to Delayed Fuse which was a sucking mud quagmire. 

Delayed Fuse is a really cool trail when it's dry but when it's wet it's a disaster. Today it was closed and you had to take Dusty's Downhill down to Earth Circus.