WBP 18

May 21, 2018, 9:12 p.m.

We were there opening day, walked straight up to the ticket counter at quarter after ten. Not a single person in line. Inside the guest services however... the line was out the door.

May 22, 2018, 1:51 a.m.

Any new stuff of serious note to talk about?

May 22, 2018, 9:40 a.m.

New longhorn is neat. New little jumps at the end of Canadian open. One new step down hip replacing a small jump on lower a line. Other than that lots of little fixes here and there.

May 22, 2018, 10:21 a.m.

Yeah those new berms on Longhorn are super fun and set you up for the new hip step down (which is also a huge improvement from the previous section there). A-Line in great shape, will be cool to see how the sprinkler system helps this summer.

Softened my fork up a few PSI yesterday and it did wonders for my hands.

May 23, 2018, 1:09 a.m.

Thanks.

So no new trails open in Creekside yet?

I can't wait to get up there! No riding now for 4 months. Its killing me.

May 23, 2018, 9:22 a.m.

Posted by: Kieran

Thanks.

So no new trails open in Creekside yet?

I can't wait to get up there! No riding now for 4 months. Its killing me.

Creekside opens same time as garbo, mid June.

May 23, 2018, 9:28 p.m.

Man I love the Park. Rode the tech trails all Sunday with my son. Whistler DH, Sam Pizza, Monkey hands, Polp (that steep wood was like ICE in the wet), the delights, funshine, etc. It’s great to see my son taking to something other than a jump trail! Got him a sweet DH rig and he is enjoying it.

Only did one jump line lap of crank it up. Heart of Darkness is TERRIBLE. I hated every second of every lap on that mess

I’ve softened up both ends of the bike since Sunday hopefullly it makes for a smoother day as my Legend at full firm for the Shore was maybe not ideal for the Park

Long live the Park. I hope I don’t get busted up this summer!

Last edited by: Ddean on May 23, 2018, 9:29 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 24, 2018, 6:16 p.m.

There always seems to be a wet patch before that steep ladder on Crack Addict. Makes it more exciting. Gonna try & clean those skinnies next time up.

Thread killer

May 24, 2018, 10:44 p.m.

Heart of Darkness used to be so good.  Super lames now.

May 25, 2018, 8:31 a.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

Heart of Darkness used to be so good.  Super lames now.

Is it any different than it ever was? I like the trail itself.... it's more the problem that the vast majority of the entire bike park filters into that trail so you get lots of traffic and a huge mix of skill levels/speeds all trying to ride the same trail at the same time. Not a good combination.

May 25, 2018, 8:32 a.m.

Rode the bike park for the first time in 2 years - I was impressed with Crank it More. Great trail for people like me who suck at jump trails but are trying to progress beyond Crank it Up.

May 25, 2018, 11:12 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

There always seems to be a wet patch before that steep ladder on Crack Addict. Makes it more exciting. Gonna try & clean those skinnies next time up.

Must be a creek in that area, same with upper Joyride before McSkimming, often greasy. The roll down skinny on Crack Addict was like ice last weekend haha. I still haven't sacked up to that Crack Addict option line skinny yet. I've done similar stuff on my trail bike but I get sketched about skinnies with turns on the DH bike, so much harder to maneuver at low speed.

The first bit of HOD is great, jump, jump float over the former step-down, berm jump berm then a couple hundred meters of horrible washboard bumps. Dunno what they can do about it given the traffic, maybe pave that section? Haha.

C-More is awesome since the rebuild last year, it's exactly what they wanted, a step from CIU to A-line.

May 25, 2018, 2:26 p.m.

The King has opened. No changes, just some berms are buffed.

May 25, 2018, 6:34 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Posted by: Stuminator

Must be a creek in that area, same with upper Joyride before McSkimming, often greasy. The roll down skinny on Crack Addict was like ice last weekend haha. I still haven't sacked up to that Crack Addict option line skinny yet. I've done similar stuff on my trail bike but I get sketched about skinnies with turns on the DH bike, so much harder to maneuver at low speed.

The first bit of HOD is great, jump, jump float over the former step-down, berm jump berm then a couple hundred meters of horrible washboard bumps. Dunno what they can do about it given the traffic, maybe pave that section? Haha.

C-More is awesome since the rebuild last year, it's exactly what they wanted, a step from CIU to A-line.

https://www.mtb-news.de/news/2016/08/19/eddie-masters-the-hangover-whistler/ Well the Vanzacs make it look easy at 4:40 into this video. Even jumping off the ladder halfway with crappy bikes.

May 26, 2018, 3:32 p.m.

Yeah C-more is actually a great trail now. It was brutal before but now it flows, you don't need to pedal any sections, the jumps are progressively longer / lippier. It actually feels like the transition trail that it was supposed to be.

I haven't been on my mountain bike a single time since last August and this season, opening day, my first day back I cleared everything on C-more with no issues which was a huge deal to me since I've been struggling learning to jump the past few years. Crank it up was always too small, a lot of Aline was just a liiiittle too big, C-more has turned out to be perfect for me to make that transition. I'm very excited to do more laps on this trail and hopefully step up my jumping game, it's been a real headache for me the past few years. Thumbs up.

Last edited by: thaaad on May 26, 2018, 3:33 p.m., edited 2 times in total.