WBP 18

April 2, 2018, 7:02 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Wow, that's pretty cool. I guess the trade-off/decision is you can skip the bottom of Garbo below Red to lap the upper stuff, but at the cost of riding Una Moss brake bump fest (at least it's fast). Garbo is never a choke point for lift line volume. If they could somehow add capacity to Fitz either with a 6-pack or more bike cabins on the village gondola that would be awesome.

Anywoo, I'm always stoked to see any kind of expansion/investment so kudos to WB (and gulp.. Vail?).

I wouldn't do that because bottom of red no joke to drop in clinic is too good to pass up haha.

April 19, 2018, 12:33 a.m.

So I ordered my 2018/19 winter Edge card and had to pay $5 shipping. I emailed WB/Vail to bitch as to why I am paying shipping to reload an RFID and was told I will need a new card next winter as I am switching from a season pass and there is "different technology" in the RFID Edge cards (wat?).

I then ordered my 2018 bike park 10 day pass and there was no shipping. I emailed WB asking if I will be getting a third card or if I can use my 2017/18 winter season pass. Answer is that I need a new (third) card but that they cannot ship it and it must be picked up in person. I said I am not waiting in an hour line on opening day to do that, please ship it. I was then told my 2017/18 winter season pass will work for the lifts but that I need to get a new 10 day bike park RFID card if I want to use it for discounts because the discounts on 5/10 day cards are now applied by physically looking at the card instead of scanning it. Really hoping my damn pass scans at the lift... 

tl;dr fuckery may be afoot. Similar to the people that didn't get their Epic/WB season passes mailed to them last November.

May 1, 2018, 6:18 p.m.

17 days 'til opening. I'll be there the last weekend of May after the shit show has passed. Hope it's not too wet. Paging Red...

Thread killer

May 2, 2018, 7:57 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

17 days 'til opening. I'll be there the last weekend of May after the shit show has passed. Hope it's not too wet. Paging Red...

2 weeks is a while, but even only the lowest of valley trails have melted out in the past couple weeks.....

May 2, 2018, 1:30 p.m.

Posted by: FlipFantasia

2 weeks is a while, but even only the lowest of valley trails have melted out in the past couple weeks.....

Haven't been in Whistler since the end of March but it sounds like snow is hanging around a lot more than last year. 2 week outlook isn't super warm either... curious what they will manage for opening day. The last 3 seasons have been stellar from what I remember.

May 3, 2018, 6:11 p.m.

Yes, it doesn't look to be getting too warm there, does it? I wonder if they'll ask for trail work volunteers again this year?

Thread killer

May 3, 2018, 6:18 p.m.

Yes, it doesn't look to be getting too warm there, does it? I wonder if they'll ask for trail work volunteers again this year?

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/whistler-bike-park-literally-park-report.html

May 4, 2018, 8:51 a.m.

Big Red and the lifts running for longer. Now thats good news to me, as having kids in tow always hampers the hours I can put in.

May 4, 2018, 1:53 p.m.

Creekside running to 8pm is awesome for city folk like me... with Garbo going to 7pm until September anyway. I just hope they keep letting me park as an overheight with my roof racks.

May 6, 2018, 4:16 p.m.

With extended play every day, that Twilight pass seems like great value.

May 7, 2018, 3:47 p.m.

Lemme know if anyone has any luck transferring unused winter edge card days to summer days.

May 10, 2018, 10:32 a.m.

Un-fucking-believable. Another Vail pass fail. All customers require yet another new RFID pass and must sign a new waiver for the bike park. This can only be done in person @ WB Guest Services. Notice of this failure has only been identified and customers informed 8 days before the bike park opens. After last fall, how did they not know this months ago? Bike park customers who are also skiers could've dealt with this during ski season. Instead we get to stand in an hour+ line on opening weekend (which is May long, so add in extra volume of other non-biker WB customers standing in the same line for sightseeing and other tickets). I fucking called them multiple times asking if my pass would work over a month ago and was told my 2017/18 WB ski pass would work fine.

Email COO [email protected] to complain about this bullshit.

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/whistler-mountain-bike-park/plan-your-ride/passes/get-your-pass.aspx?shred=WB_BikePark&cb=Box2_CTA&VRI_v73=0&VRI_v75=0&cmpid=ET10364662_W1_GBFTV0_PH_20180509&et_rid=1202631419#/

May 10, 2018, 11:29 a.m.

More plastic for the sea. Dicks!

May 10, 2018, 2:55 p.m.

Un-fucking-believable. Another Vail pass fail. All customers require yet another new RFID pass and must sign a new waiver for the bike park. This can only be done in person @ WB Guest Services. Notice of this failure has only been identified and customers informed 8 days before the bike park opens. After last fall, how did they not know this months ago? Bike park customers who are also skiers could've dealt with this during ski season. Instead we get to stand in an hour+ line on opening weekend (which is May long, so add in extra volume of other non-biker WB customers standing in the same line for sightseeing and other tickets). I fucking called them multiple times asking if my pass would work over a month ago and was told my 2017/18 WB ski pass would work fine.

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/whistler-mountain-bike-park/plan-your-ride/passes/get-your-pass.aspx?shred=WB_BikePark&cb=Box2_CTA&VRI_v73=0&VRI_v75=0&cmpid=ET10364662_W1_GBFTV0_PH_20180509&et_rid=1202631419#/

First world problems buttercup, take it easy. You are from the city aren't you?

May 10, 2018, 3:01 p.m.

Posted by: TheSpangler

First world problems buttercup, take it easy. You are from the city aren't you?

Haha yeah, first world citiot problems... it's just rage at Vail for the same fuck-up twice in their first year of operations... if I lived in Whistler I'd just go get the pass after work.