WBP 18

March 20, 2018, 1:52 p.m.

How is Vail (as the new owners...) treating additional days after you've used your Edge card days? For example, if I buy a 5 day card, if I end up going for a 6th day would that be at a discounted price?

March 22, 2018, 11:47 a.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

How is Vail (as the new owners...) treating additional days after you've used your Edge card days? For example, if I buy a 5 day card, if I end up going for a 6th day would that be at a discounted price?

I had the pass the last couple years but I remember you could load additional days onto the 5/10 day cards for $45-50ish? It was $10 or so off the normal lift ticket price. Or do you mean transferring unused winter EDGE card days into the bike park the following summer? I'd assume it's still a thing but call guest services. 

Looks like I will be riding to the end of July this year and will be away a bunch of weekends, debating a 5 or 10 day card.

March 25, 2018, 5:16 p.m.

As salty as I am online, I'm a baby in real life.  If anyone wants a tour of the bike park, HMU.  If there are no clinic visits I hope to ride every day.

March 25, 2018, 10:14 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

As salty as I am online, I'm a baby in real life.  If anyone wants a tour of the bike park, HMU.  If there are no clinic visits I hope to ride every day.

Me?

March 25, 2018, 10:30 p.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Posted by: ReductiMat

Me?

It a bag of dicks. You have a wing named after you.

March 26, 2018, 9:52 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oH9elnMLqo&list=PLsc1E6lnUJmi_ZKYtqWN9JWhrTBeQ6c5H

Whitesnake2's "A Closer Look" series is up on Youtube, if anyone is interested. Dude gives a good look at some of the trails. KInda neat to see this guy's progression as he rides the park.

Last edited by: Stuminator on March 26, 2018, 9:53 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 27, 2018, 3:39 p.m.

That dude makes good videos, nice editing and colour correction. Also I've never done that first rock roll on lower Duffman, need to hit it this summer... usually end up on No Duff or Freight Train.

March 27, 2018, 6:21 p.m.

any word on whether crud to mud is still happening?

March 28, 2018, 2:14 p.m.

Posted by: dutch

any word on whether crud to mud is still happening?

I wouldn't count on it with big lift replacement/swap push this summer, but, never know?

March 29, 2018, 10:02 a.m.

I saw in an operations email that extended play is every day from opening day.

Gondola is gonna be an absolute shit show with no solar/wizard this year.

March 29, 2018, 11:08 a.m.

Posted by: nortonwhis

Says so on here too https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/whistler-mountain-bike-park/explore-the-park/hours-of-operation.aspx

Awesome!!

March 29, 2018, 1:41 p.m.

Posted by: nortonwhis

Argghhh never thought about the impact on the bike park since they are just doing Excal/Excel for spring skiing operations. Although with the separate Village Gondola line/cabins for bikes it really doesn't change anything except for hikers/glacier skiers? Assuming they run the same number of bike cabins (which is already too low on busy weekends).

Great news about 8pm/extended play, and Creekside is now 8pm as well! Eliminates one of the downsides of parking there, sweet.

Last edited by: grambo on March 29, 2018, 1:41 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 29, 2018, 4:18 p.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

Says so on here too https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/whistler-mountain-bike-park/explore-the-park/hours-of-operation.aspx

Awesome!!

Whoa! Did you guy see that Big Red will be used for bike upload as well this year?? That's gonna be really cool.

March 29, 2018, 4:32 p.m.

Posted by: piotrek21

Posted by: Kevin26

Awesome!!

Whoa! Did you guy see that Big Red will be used for bike upload as well this year?? That's gonna be really cool.

Didn't see that either, cool!

April 2, 2018, 12:32 a.m.

Wow, that's pretty cool. I guess the trade-off/decision is you can skip the bottom of Garbo below Red to lap the upper stuff, but at the cost of riding Una Moss brake bump fest (at least it's fast). Garbo is never a choke point for lift line volume. If they could somehow add capacity to Fitz either with a 6-pack or more bike cabins on the village gondola that would be awesome.

Anywoo, I'm always stoked to see any kind of expansion/investment so kudos to WB (and gulp.. Vail?).