WBP 18

March 1, 2018, 3:07 p.m.

Feel kinda weird starting this thread, ReductiMat feel free to jump in with one and I'll delete mine :). 2018 season pass prices are out, $679 for unlimited up from $639 last year (6.3%). Planned May 18 opening date, hoping we have a warm enough late April/early May to push that up. Opening weekend last year was sick, even with a cold winter and many storms to the valley they had the park in tip top shape. Coming down Singing Pass in recent weeks there is a lot of snow in the Fitz zone.

Who else is stoked? The new Creekside trails were fun on the preview last September.

http://bike.whistlerblackcomb.com/tickets-passes/passes

March 1, 2018, 3:19 p.m.

My bike is in pieces and all the bearings and small parts have gone through the ultrasonic cleaner as of last night.

I'm watching my vids, and vids of others of the 2017 WBP season.

I have twelve tires, eight sets of brake pads and three pairs of grips in my field of view right now.

I just spent about two to three hours in line today for a handful of runs for our 'epic' 45cm day.

I couldn't stop thinking about two things.

1) I need a sled for next year.
2) Holy shit it's almost May.

WBP is the best thing ever.

March 1, 2018, 6:14 p.m.

Do the free preview trails last Sept. offer another way down into Creekside beside Dusty's? That trail is a bone rattler. Looking forward to this season in the park. Planning on spending a week there in July, plus a few days during Crankworx.

Thread killer

March 5, 2018, 1:56 a.m.

Roll on August and my 3 weeks in paradise. Also as above, im really hoping Creekside has a better run down than Dustys.

March 5, 2018, 8:50 a.m.

There's going to be several new trails down to creekside

March 5, 2018, 11:49 a.m.

As of last September there was a new blue flow trail (can't remember the name, something rock?) that goes from Crossroads (top of Dusty's DH) all the way to Creekside. Felt like Blueberry Bathtub, well graded so it should hold up well. From the Creekside expansion maps, I think this may actually start all the way up on Highway 86 near the start of Ride Don't Slide. There was also a hand built single track "Muffy Fluff" that ran parallel to the last section of RDS, super fun since it was all loamy.

From the expansion map, I think there may be one more trail going in on the north side of the Creekside gondola lift line? Either way, no more loosening all the bolts on your bike on Dusty's.

March 11, 2018, 8:24 p.m.

Good to hear that there will be new trails on creekside. That should help a lot to alleviate the lines on fits. I wonder if they keep the creekside parking free.

March 12, 2018, 10:24 p.m.

I am so looking forward for Bike Park season to return. I just needed to post somewhere about it.

March 15, 2018, 8:36 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiuMH_oiNc8

The section at roughly 48 seconds of the video has played with my head last few seasons. I have only tried it once, wiped out bad & almost broke my foot. Is there any chance of the pedals hitting on the sides or bottoming out? As you drop into the slit the rock is kind of on an angle. I am always thinking my tire is gonna slide over to one side as I descend. Prolly better to hit with some speed, but like I said this part freaks me out. Lotsa parts similar to this in the park I can hit no problem, but can't wrap my head around this particular one. Advice? (Oh ya, the alternate line on the left is not an option for me)

Thread killer

Last edited by: Stuminator on March 15, 2018, 8:38 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 15, 2018, 9:41 p.m.

Stu, this is the way to ride this properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBuLvnnTbTs

March 16, 2018, 10:51 a.m.

Creekside trail plans...

March 17, 2018, 3:33 a.m.

Stu, just approach, roll in and stay dead centre as in the vid. Its just intimidating because of the high sides. Lower down on ID before the rock drop is way tricker IMHO, especially in the wet.

I'm stuck in the UK till end of june. So looking forward to some dusty BP laps.

March 17, 2018, 11:36 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

The section at roughly 48 seconds of the video has played with my head last few seasons. I have only tried it once, wiped out bad & almost broke my foot. Is there any chance of the pedals hitting on the sides or bottoming out? As you drop into the slit the rock is kind of on an angle. I am always thinking my tire is gonna slide over to one side as I descend. Prolly better to hit with some speed, but like I said this part freaks me out. Lotsa parts similar to this in the park I can hit no problem, but can't wrap my head around this particular one. Advice? (Oh ya, the alternate line on the left is not an option for me)

I just giver thru there.  Seems to have worked out so far.

March 18, 2018, 11:08 a.m.

I find the line to the left easier, unless its wet!

March 19, 2018, 4:58 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

That move played with my mind a bit actually, just started hitting it last summer. I had the same concern about front wheel in that hole, but it doesn't happen (at least with 2.5" Minions). I've crept through that move trials style, way slower than anyone should, and it was fine. Now I just roll through it at trail speed with my weight centred, nothing to it, bike doens't deflect at all and it's wide enough. Still haven't attempted the move on rider's left, maybe this summer.

luckbox: thanks for posting those Creekside shots. 

3a/b = Muffy Fluff, was open for preview last year

5b/c/d = Goldirocks, was open for preview last year

13a/b = new blue from Highway 86 down to start of Goldirocks @ Crossroads, this was being built last spring but wasn't open for the preview

2a/b = don't recall seeing this last summer

1a = Blue flow off Crossroads, start of this was open to Muffy Fluff for the preview. Some impressive bridge work in there.

14 a/b = excited! Hand build single track all the way from 86 if you want.

Creekside Downhill = more hand build singletrack. Yesssss.