WBP 18

Jan. 15, 2019, 4:58 p.m.

^^^ Hahaha. Good point, hope that summer operations don't slide like they have with winter ops this season.

Jan. 16, 2019, 7:48 a.m.

Whats happening up there?

Jan. 16, 2019, 11:30 a.m.

Lots of lift maintenance issues i.e. lifts going down or opening much later than usual and/or inconsistently. I give them a pass on the new Blackcomb gondola as the staff have to learn how the thing runs, but Creekside, Garbo, Red, Harmony, Symphony, Excelerator all had multiple delays (not avalanche control related) through busy days in December. I don't blame the lift ops guys but man it's frustrating how late they get Symphony going compared to the old days, as a lazy fat guy I want more Flute laps without using the rescue road/Harmony. Apparently they are short on groomers as well...

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/a-memo-to-dave-brownlie-president-of-revelstoke-mountain-resort/Content?oid=12730609

Jan. 16, 2019, 12:44 p.m.

I've heard they've lost a bunch of staff. As hard as it was to make the cost of living work there they made it even worse apparently. 

It's hard to get/keep staff anywhere in BC now, add to that the Whistler costs factor and now the Vail factor. No doubt the staff do their best but loss of experience/knowledge is always gonna impact

Jan. 16, 2019, 2:47 p.m.

I'm glad I'm not too bothered about ski season. The dirt has been awesome on cypress as of late :) . But that sucks for you lot who really enjoy the snow.

Hope they don't fuck up the summer operations as well.

Jan. 21, 2019, 12:15 p.m.

Creekside further expansion is looking very promising from some of the social mediaz last fall (Nate Hills #followcamfriday, some of Lee's posts and the WCDH track)... things are looking good hopefully it doesn't get goofed up. With the new Blackcomb gondola I am hopeful they will add more bike carrying cars on the Whistler Village gondola to ease line-ups a bit.