WBP 17

Oct. 12, 2017, 5:51 p.m.

:D

That was raw and uncut.  And 100% how I felt.  Closing day is sacred!

Here's to hoping Vail institutes a $200 day pass and sliding this winter is more sliding and less waiting in line.. otherwise I'll be counting down the days.

Oct. 14, 2017, 7:46 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

So I threw on the GoPro for closing day to get me some footy to keep me warm over the winter.  After watching it, I realized there's a section that is totally double-able that I've never seen before riding.  Have you all been doing this all this time and simply forgotten to tell me?

I copied the link at 24 seconds in... here's to hoping it will play from there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cDLAmZz4tvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Whether it's the one at 24 or 31 seconds in, the answer is yes, we've been doubling it all this time and you've been missing out.

Oct. 14, 2017, 10:46 p.m.

Well ain't that the bees knees!  Maybe when I get those down my dream of turning pro will finally be realized.

Oct. 15, 2017, 9:23 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Well ain't that the bees knees!  Maybe when I get those down my dream of turning pro will finally be realized.

The more time I spend in the park the more awe struck I get from the insane lines and combos people can envision and execute. Its never ending.

Oct. 17, 2017, 6:09 p.m.

I've seen people hit the double out of the corner and over the stump thingy at 31 seconds a few times, never tried it myself cuz I'm slow and shit. Interestingly, I take almost the exact same lines as Reductimat through the lower No Joke/DIC section (except I go left  off the jump down into the berm after DIC roll) and also agree it is one of the best bits of trail in the park.

The stuff the racers and pros can pull off is crazy. The Schleyer rock garden gap being one thing that always impresses me, or this one from a few years ago @ 0:58 where Remy pre-hops onto the Schleyer rock roll and kind of bounce turns down it: https://vimeo.com/81679516

Oct. 17, 2017, 6:42 p.m.

I just didn't know it was there until I had this OOB experience.  It's unfortunate I waited until last day to do some footy as I have the speed, but I've always kept the rubber down there.  It didn't occur to me to double that.  Now I'm stuck waiting until June 2018 to try out this new toy.

As for after DIC, I go left if I know people are in the vicinity.  If it's clear I'll just go straight as the alternative just doesn't flow nice.

I miss riding the park.

Oct. 18, 2017, 9:11 p.m.

Snow on the highway and I got my winter edge card in the mail today though...

Oct. 19, 2017, 5:39 p.m.

Got my winter season pass in the mail as well... gonna give the DH bike a clean up this weekend and wax the skis. Was hoping to get a day at Cypress but after this rain it's gonna be a while to dry out.

Need to watch some ski movies to flick the brain to winter mode.

Jan. 22, 2018, 3:27 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APJ3Nk1KYso

Love this guy's enthusiasm. (He has a number of good vids on youtube) Looks like he's getting coached thru a number of sections that I'd like to do one day. It's way better to follow someone thru & see it done. edit; Too early for a 2018 version of WBP?

Thread killer

Jan. 22, 2018, 4:11 p.m.

Hell no!  Start one up!  (I'm watching my old vid's as we speak).

Jan. 22, 2018, 7:18 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/APJ3Nk1KYso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Love this guy's enthusiasm. (He has a number of good vids on youtube) Looks like he's getting coached thru a number of sections that I'd like to do one day. It's way better to follow someone thru & see it done. edit; Too early for a 2018 version of WBP?

He's put out some new videos the last few weeks on various tech trails showing alternate lines and other stuff. High production value and fun to watch. If you want coaching check out WBP's Elevation Camps - cheap and good value, just ask to be in the highest level group if you want to do the double blacks. Or you can go with Zep for 1 on 1 or Trek.