WBP 17

Sept. 17, 2017, 2:58 p.m.

Haha @ bus through DIC. Was certainly busy as hell yesterday, I had a crew standing all over the big O-Sin rock roll that didn't move until the last second.

Seconding the props on Angry Pirate. Middle A-Line was nice and buff too for the one lap I took through it.

Is there a full rebuild going on in Lower Joyride? I've never ridden it.

Sept. 17, 2017, 3:49 p.m.

It really was a crazy day.  And for the record, when I say Joey, it's anything from bright-orange GT riders through to full on matching TLD pajama bruh's.  I just don't comprehend how people of any stripe can come to a dead stop in the middle of a trail without moving over (and other things.. but man.. the former).

Had three people abreast on the rock drop on Aline.  This was later in the day and I had had enough so I found enough room on the right to get my bars through... if they moved, I would have been hurting. 

LJ has been closed pretty much all year.  Earlier in the season I heard all sorts of implements.. chainsaws, pick axes on rock? and other sundry items in that general area.

Sept. 17, 2017, 7:21 p.m.

Lower joyride had a bridge fall apart in June. We started rebuilding it but got pulled off to other things for most of the summer. Was really hard to find time to go back in. A day here, a day there. 

We went back in there today though. Almost done.

Sept. 18, 2017, 8:52 a.m.

Rode on Saturday and have to say it was pretty awesome. Rode the new trails on Creekside with a full flat back tire and it was one of the best runs of the day. So much drift!!!

Was going to ride on Sunday after I did a race in Pemby, but on my return the heavens opened.

Hope the rain hasn't done too much damage. Looking forward to closing weekend when I'm next up.

Sept. 18, 2017, 12:03 p.m.

Soft, slow and snow today.

If you're riding today and hit the GLC Aline jump at full throttle, the lip is really soft.  I think I broke through some of it on my way towards shitting my pants.

Sept. 18, 2017, 2:29 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Early preview of fresh Creekside trails this weekend only:

https://instagram.com/p/BZFFGdlDkfm/

Yesssss

Boooo.  I couldn't make it up there this weekend.  I hope they will do another preview soon

Sept. 18, 2017, 4:21 p.m.

I think Creekside is closed for the year so no more official previews anyway. Hopefully people don't poach in the wet and trash it.

Looks like a decent snowfall @ Roundhouse elevation last night.

Sept. 19, 2017, 4:40 p.m.

Oh man.

Trails are minutes away from pure hero dirt.

Of the 48 people riding today, it seems all of us had ALine on repeat except Manon C.

As mentioned yesterday, the lip of GLCALine is rounded off from centre to right. Hipping from the left still gives you lots of boost.

El Merchant still closed.  My excitement level for getting back on her is very high.

Sept. 20, 2017, 1:55 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Oh man.

Trails are minutes away from pure hero dirt.

Of the 48 people riding today, it seems all of us had ALine on repeat except Manon C.

As mentioned yesterday, the lip of GLCALine is rounded off from centre to right. Hipping from the left still gives you lots of boost.

El Merchant still closed.  My excitement level for getting back on her is very high.

Looks like a bunch of WC folks are there on holiday: saw Danny Hart on Saturday and Myriam Nicole is there too. I'm thinking of taking a day off and coming up tomorrow to bang off a bunch of laps. Looks like snow fell down into Garbo, guessing it's a bit muddy up there? Or maybe the perfect frozen velcro feel.

Sept. 20, 2017, 2:26 p.m.

Yeah, I'm getting my French Women riders mixed up.  MN, not MC.

We got more rain and snow yesterday, so trails got a bit soft again.  Should be great tomorrow.

Did a garbo lap.. snow snow snow.  Till just above 7YW.  Very greasy.

Sept. 20, 2017, 10:14 p.m.

Dear snow, fuck off. We had enough of you last year!

Sept. 21, 2017, 3:24 a.m.

Posted by: Kieran

Dear snow, fuck off. We had enough of you last year!

No. Never enough. Always more.

Sept. 21, 2017, 1:38 p.m.

haha, I'm definitely conflicted about that! Does this mean that ToTW is out of use now? Or just now with added thrills

Sept. 21, 2017, 3:17 p.m.

Seems like pretty much all the french WC riders are here. Was great dirt yesterday, first day in about 6 weeks, was a blast. Makes me want to ride even more, sucks that it closes at 5 now!

Sept. 21, 2017, 5:58 p.m.

Posted by: stinky_dan

haha, I'm definitely conflicted about that! Does this mean that ToTW is out of use now? Or just now with added thrills

TOTW is done as of last weekend. Nothing to do with the snow, that's the date on the website