WBP 17

Sept. 12, 2017, 5:34 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

OSin is still janky. Thanks to all for teaching me that high line. Makes the lap a ton better.

What is this high line you speak of? Far far right going up the hill after you cross the access road?

Sept. 12, 2017, 6:03 p.m.

Personally, I don't mind pushing up the high line as it gives me a breather. Watch a Garbo DH clip of Marcello Guttierrez doing it & you'll see. I think that's what Red is referring to.

Thread killer

Sept. 12, 2017, 6:25 p.m.

1st part of 7 year war extension is getting closer. Needs hand tools. Phase 2 7yr+ is just starting. However all this is above btm  of red chair.chains

Any chainsaw work heard in proximity to the containers is weasel juice.

Sept. 12, 2017, 6:50 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

OSin is still janky. Thanks to all for teaching me that high line. Makes the lap a ton better.

What is this high line you speak of? Far far right going up the hill after you cross the access road?

Yup.

Once you're on the BV berm, get on your highest gear and start beating that bitch until you're spinning.  There will be a point where you're slowing down fast.  By then you've already gotten to your second, or lowest gear and you pedal up the last few feet and thank everyone from moving aside.  (Seriously, if we could distill 4.388% of OSin etiquette across the park we'd achieve world peace).

As a bit of a personal achievement, today was the first day my 7YW injuries weren't causing me to go full tourettes in the high speed chunder.

Sept. 13, 2017, 4:56 p.m.

So.

Freight Train.  Most holes have been filled in, top to bottom.

The bit at the end of the road from 7YW literally gave me a rise in the nether regions. As much as I love the Oakley Step Up jump, I may have to endlessly lap FT for the next week.

GLCALine jump is still closed. I suspect it's so we don't get dust on the GLCs construction dust.

Big machine in upper Aline.

Sept. 13, 2017, 6:15 p.m.

Also snagged my once a year flat near the top of Garbo.  After my rage lap down various Garbo trails, the gondy was stopping every three seconds so supplies could go up.

So I was in full cunt mode when I rolled into the GBB to get a tube.

Guy behind the till I've never seen before was on his phone and not looking up.  I suspect I was about two inches away from being on the news.

Turns out it was Dakota N.. DH racer and not GBB employee. Laughs were had and got some pretty good input on my spoke issue.  Will give this a go but likely won't see results till next year.

Boo not-summer.

Sept. 13, 2017, 10:42 p.m.

So.

Freight Train.  Most holes have been filled in, top to bottom.

Big machine in upper Aline.

This seems promising.  My son and I are planning to play hooky for the next couple Friday's.  Hope Aline continues to get some work.  Appreciate the updates!

Sept. 14, 2017, 8:24 a.m.

A-Line done to half way point. Dropping into lower today. Ft done from DIC to fitz.  Dirt merchant next. Angry pirate done. Work done on no joke around mid station. I think DBV got work on my days off but will confirm. More to come.

Sept. 14, 2017, 8:29 a.m.

I'm heading up this weekend, I'd like all holes filed in please, especially those on the tech trails, make it so! :)

Hoping to use my TOTW add on. Does anyone know if you need to go to guest services to activate this? Or can I just go direct to the peak chair?

Sept. 14, 2017, 9:39 a.m.

Great updates! The park felt beat down the other day. Look forward to some maintenance.

Sept. 14, 2017, 11:55 a.m.

Posted by: Kieran

I'm heading up this weekend, I'd like all holes filed in please, especially those on the tech trails, make it so! :)

Hoping to use my TOTW add on. Does anyone know if you need to go to guest services to activate this? Or can I just go direct to the peak chair?

Also hitting TOTW on Saturday with a season pass -- I think you need to go into guest services to get the special peak chair voucher.

Props to nickel an co, that's a big list of maintenance for one week... stoked to get up there.

Sept. 14, 2017, 6:54 p.m.

So DBV/Shady hasn't seen a shovel yet.  It's running about as hard as Too Tight.

Upper Aline is nice.  Looks like the crew made it to the big S berm before the big hit.

nickel, can you fill me in on why GLCAline jump has been closed this week? 

Didn't get a chance to try Angry yet.

No Joke after the fireroad is pure bliss.

Sept. 14, 2017, 7:52 p.m.

nickel, can you fill me in on why GLCAline jump has been closed this week?

Apparently due to construction of something or other. Sorry, short on additional details. Had a bunch of people missing today so didn't hit as much stuff as we'd have wanted but as they say, "tomorrow will be better"

This Sunday rain can't come soon enough.

Sept. 15, 2017, 12:18 p.m.

The speed you can throw at No Joke after the fire road is just fucking beautiful right now.

Sept. 15, 2017, 12:48 p.m.

That No Joke section is one of my favorites on the mountain but I still don't have the balls to try the triple off of the fire road. The little double feels sooooo good I'm so tempted to try the triple. The fear is real.