WBP 17

July 15, 2017, 5:41 p.m.

Posted by: nortonwhis

Posted by: nickel

Moribund is a good choice. I'd also substitute clapped, destroyed, ravaged, heinous, and post-crankowrx-esque.

Without some sky water we're just stretched too thin to do a full rebuild job with all the watering that would require to have it last more than 2 days. 

Pray for rain so we can get into a maintenance cycle.

Listened to a local* park rider bitch and moan about the lack of maintenance this year, blaming vail and how they are using all the park resources to build new trails, as Vail wants more trails, and that at this time last year there were no braking bumps and a-line was perfect all the time...

Had to explain to him that if they did do work right now without rain it would be gone in about 3 days. I get it, it sucks, its beat to shit, but in all reality if you can't get inside or outside most of the holes, then you suck and should probably kill yourself. Definitely will make you a better rider if you ride when its like this.

*Second season British guy talking about how hard he was gonna throw down in the whipoff this year...

That British guy will probably break his collar bone in a few days, going so huge like he says he does. Everyone's a critic.

July 15, 2017, 11:18 p.m.

Probably actually Australian.

July 16, 2017, 11:50 a.m.

Def British.

After riding the moon dust at silverstar last weekend and coming back pretty much straight to the park, I thought it was running sick. Upper Aline is flowing pretty much perfect, all the tech is running great, Orient is in damn good shape etc...

Some of the new lines that appeared after the bc cup thru rock city are fucking fun, that section is wild now!

July 16, 2017, 10:05 p.m.

If you think upper Aline is running perfect, you are going to be in for a treat.

To all those who ride Crab Hits, can anyone throw some tips to a solo rider? To me number three looks like the nut to crack correctly.

Last edited by: ReductiMat on July 16, 2017, 10:07 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 17, 2017, 12:01 a.m.

Today everything was running pretty sweet. It's amazing what a difference a little bit of moisture overnight makes. Plus there were no big line ups which is surprising for a weekend

July 17, 2017, 10:06 a.m.

Posted by: dmc

Doing my best raindance every cloud I see.

I'm a little disappointed that No Joke got a bit of a paving-over, but such is life.

Nickel, your characterization of Blueberry as the bastard child of Ninja Cougar and B-Line is spot-on. And it's absolutely amazing. :)

Where did they pave No Joke? Seemed about the same as last season (they did buff out lower No Joke with new dirt sometime last summer). Had a solid day on Saturday, rode Canadian Open for the first time, but pussied out on the step-down under the lift after a couple roll-ins. Looks smooth but is in my head. Didn't even bother with A-Line for probably the first day ever haha.

/Raindancing

Last edited by: grambo on July 17, 2017, 10:07 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 17, 2017, 1:25 p.m.

Sidetrack/Mack River/No Duff/Duffman all closed. 

Hope something good is happening over there.

Is there gonna be more 7 Year War?

While I'm asking for help here, can someone tell me how to ride the enduro section of OSin? I feel bad having to dismount and push.

July 17, 2017, 1:48 p.m.

It looks like LCO is getting a proper sender again this year.

July 17, 2017, 5:42 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

While I'm asking for help here, can someone tell me how to ride the enduro section of OSin? I feel bad having to dismount and push.

Hah. I've seen people make it up that hill but I can't do it even if I sprint across the flats. I blame this on my large athletic stature and gravity.

I was through MR/Duffman/No Duff on Sat and didn't' see anything, curious what's happening.. MR is my current favourite way through that section if I am going down to Fitz.

July 17, 2017, 6:21 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJcs9Xz0EKQ Get some speed going up the hill & take the line on the right. This guy should know what he's doing, he's only won the Garbo DH a few times.

Last edited by: Stuminator on July 17, 2017, 6:22 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 17, 2017, 8:32 p.m.

I'm on days off so uncertain but if I had to guess re: sidetrack et al. Id say something is probably happening at the gt merge. Or patrol had to do their thing. 

There will indeed be more 7 year war.

Getting up o sin requires sprinting out of the woods and across the flats, and shifting 2-3 gears at just the right moment to be able to power up the last stretch. As the video shows, go for the right side.

July 17, 2017, 11:23 p.m.

Well fuck me. That line didn't exist to me at all.

July 18, 2017, 1:50 a.m.

Update on creekside trail expansion.

Also TOW opens this Saturday!!  I didn't think it would be possible given the huge snowpack up top.

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/whistler-bike-park-creekside-trail-expansion-underway-video.html

July 18, 2017, 6:16 a.m.

Camp of Champions isn't running this year, so the snowpack couldn't have been that good.

Thread killer

July 18, 2017, 6:49 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Camp of Champions isn't running this year, so the snowpack couldn't have been that good.

Let's just say Ken wanted out because of the future more than because of this year's snowpack. It's pretty fucking deep up there. I dug some trenches with the boys that I can't reach the top of. Expect to be riding significant chunks of hwy 86.