WBP 17

July 4, 2017, 7:24 p.m.

Posted by: airwreck

Crazy how there has been no lift lines until yesterday afternoon.
Groms are taking over, mine is one of them, he can't get enough and is frothing to ride every trail on the mountain, he's turning 7 this week. Apologies to all the people who've been inconvenienced by our slowness crashes etc, he's getting his pullouts figured out but interrupting his focus is hard.
My suggestion is to open a lift and trails on Blackcomb as a grom only zone.
Blueberry is awesome, kid wants to hit it, and as much as he wants to ride garbo we'll have to do it from Creekside.
Too tight is awesomer, I will volunteer to extend it up to the top.
Warms my heart to see all the kids and families riding the mountain and the valley.
Thanks trail crews, I understand how frustrating this dry weather is.
Cheers!

Yeah the whole long weekend was pretty dead, I guess most of the people visiting were here to take selfies and drink

July 4, 2017, 9:44 p.m.

Tried to lap them all today.  Even if I ignore the fact I had to stop for an hour and replace a bunch of spokes No Joke to Drop in Clinic destroyed, I don't think this is feasible for me. Regardless will try again.

Lots of under construction trail heads spotted while riding BCs Trail.

Can anyone with 800mm bars here ride through the upper entrance to In Deep?

Three full on emergency stops today in front of FT, DM and AL drops as people were looking and posing for pictures.  Good stuff.

Blueberry is a fucking work of art. nickel, my compliments to the chef. It's a DH pump track with an absolutely perfect line.

I usually only ride Sidetrack a couple times a year. I can't for the life of me get that trail flowing.

There's still snow to be ridden through at the top of New Joke.

Got an ovation from the GLC patrons as I managed to stop and make eyes with a big bear eating grass in between the Aline jump and the patio.  Not the first time I've seen a bear in there. Not a good spot for their livelihood.

Aline is hurting pretty bad but DM preservers.

July 5, 2017, 4:39 a.m.

I fit through the trees at top of in deep and I have 800mm bars. It's a bit spooky though. 

Glad you like the berry.

July 5, 2017, 5:32 p.m.

Just point and hang on!  They fit.  Just barely!

July 11, 2017, 11:23 a.m.

BC's open and good to go? Gonna park creekside this weekend.

July 11, 2017, 11:44 a.m.

Rode BC's last week.  All good.

July 12, 2017, 4:09 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Sweet. My last park day was Garbo opening weekend mudfest. Gonna be a different world up there now I think... can't wait.

July 12, 2017, 6:45 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Posted by: ReductiMat

Sweet. My last park day was Garbo opening weekend mudfest. Gonna be a different world up there now I think... can't wait.

She dry.

July 13, 2017, 3:51 p.m.

Anyone know the deal with overheight parking at Creekside this year for the bike park? I have roof racks on my car, so I cannot drive into the parkade, trying to verify if I can use overheight on the roof of the parkade. I used it last year a bunch without any issues (just left my racks "up" so it was visually obvious why I was there). With the change to pay parking in the village I'm worried there are more people in Creekside and more enforcement this summer.

Called the muni and Whistler Parking Management and couldn't get a straight answer.

July 13, 2017, 10:11 p.m.

Aline is near death^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hmoribund.

Last edited by: ReductiMat on July 14, 2017, 1:51 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 14, 2017, 10:30 a.m.

Moribund is the term you're looking for

July 14, 2017, 6:54 p.m.

Moribund is a good choice. I'd also substitute clapped, destroyed, ravaged, heinous, and post-crankowrx-esque.

Without some sky water we're just stretched too thin to do a full rebuild job with all the watering that would require to have it last more than 2 days. 

Pray for rain so we can get into a maintenance cycle.

July 14, 2017, 10:38 p.m.

Doing my best raindance every cloud I see.

I'm a little disappointed that No Joke got a bit of a paving-over, but such is life. 

Nickel, your characterization of Blueberry as the bastard child of Ninja Cougar and B-Line is spot-on. And it's absolutely amazing. :)

July 15, 2017, 10:31 a.m.

Posted by: nickel

Moribund is a good choice. I'd also substitute clapped, destroyed, ravaged, heinous, and post-crankowrx-esque.

Without some sky water we're just stretched too thin to do a full rebuild job with all the watering that would require to have it last more than 2 days. 

Pray for rain so we can get into a maintenance cycle.

Listened to a local* park rider bitch and moan about the lack of maintenance this year, blaming vail and how they are using all the park resources to build new trails, as Vail wants more trails, and that at this time last year there were no braking bumps and a-line was perfect all the time...

Had to explain to him that if they did do work right now without rain it would be gone in about 3 days. I get it, it sucks, its beat to shit, but in all reality if you can't get inside or outside most of the holes, then you suck and should probably kill yourself. Definitely will make you a better rider if you ride when its like this.

*Second season British guy talking about how hard he was gonna throw down in the whipoff this year...

July 15, 2017, 2:46 p.m.

Really only lower a line, blue velvet, and heart of darkness are particularly bumpy, most stuff is fine. The park is judged on the condition of a line haha. 

Also very start of a line is rough too

Last edited by: Kevin26 on July 15, 2017, 2:48 p.m., edited 1 time in total.