WBP 17

June 30, 2017, 2:37 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: dutch

I shoot in protune and underexpose a bit and then a bunch of magic in post :)

Do you use PP or AE?  If so, I don't suppose you'd divulge the effects you use to bring it up to light?

I'm using davinci resolve to edit and grade. It's very good and free.

June 30, 2017, 3:53 p.m.

Nice, I'll check it out.

Back on topic, D1 is looking amazing.  It should probably be named D2.. so much work done. Entrance has changed and and even I might be able to handle it without looking like a moron.

June 30, 2017, 6:37 p.m.

Nice, I'll check it out.

Back on topic, D1 is looking amazing.  It should probably be named D2.. so much work done. Entrance has changed and and even I might be able to handle it without looking like a moron.

D1 is the smallest excavator aka a human. It used to be symbolic of the trail being handbuilt.  I would say it's ironic at this point.

June 30, 2017, 6:43 p.m.

pinkbike.com/news/whistler-bike-park-birthdays-park-report.html

Blueberry opens tomorrow  barring some unforeseen bloodbath. Pretty stoked about this, it's probably one of the longer uninterrupted stretches of all new (not repurposed) trail we've put out for a while. Anyone still unaware of the trail head can find it just slightly uphill of the exit of fatcrobat on expressway. If coming down expressway from creek gondi, it's just below the breakover below the exit of little alter.

D1 still a ways out but coming along. Still needs a bunch of testing and hand tooling.

June 30, 2017, 6:48 p.m.

Nice! I'll be checking that out tomorrow :D 

Any word on TOTW opening? Buddy has never ridden it, it'd be nice to show him!

June 30, 2017, 7:43 p.m.

Posted by: nickel

D1 still a ways out but coming along. Still needs a bunch of testing and hand tooling.

Some of those berm jumps look very tight.  Hope I don't fuck up too bad.

Any guesses as to how long a lap D1 will be?  60 seconds?

June 30, 2017, 8:21 p.m.

Some of those berm jumps look very tight.  Hope I don't fuck up too bad.

Any guesses as to how long a lap D1 will be?  60 seconds?

It's going to be a very technical jump line. There's not a ton of margin and if you mess up any feature, your run is over. Either flow it all or pull over and start walking. Time estimate of 60 seconds is probably fair, maybe even a touch high. It's not terribly long although it packs some value. I would advise caution as it will be a fairly significant departure from any of the other offerings currently on the plate. There's some fancy ol' dance moves in there.

June 30, 2017, 8:37 p.m.

Can't wait.

July 1, 2017, 12:43 p.m.

Blueberry is a lot longer than I thought it'd be.  Still soft in parts but lots of fun.

Hope it makes it through its soft phase.

July 1, 2017, 7:38 p.m.

No rain in the forecast makes it less than ideal for riding in the trail but tis what it is

July 3, 2017, 3:57 p.m.

Blueberry has dried out in most spots and is hella fun. 

The grouse on the hill have banded to together to really fuck with me.  I've never really noticed them before, and now they're hanging out in the weirdest spots like someone placed a statue there (Dirty rock drop, just past Fat/In Deep entrance on BV).  Feels like they're waiting for me and silently judging my riding.  Jerks.

Aline by ez bridge is beat to fucking hell.  But I really like that last jump, which is still riding great, so I persist.

Almost pulled into the new Golden Triangle after doing a garbo FT/Duffman hotlap until my tired brain realized it ain't open. 

SGC & DFX in full effect.. lin

July 3, 2017, 4:06 p.m.

Forgot to add.. what the hell is up with the wind in Garbo this season. Twice I've almost been completely tripped on that bloody little double before the Freight Train bridge... it feels like it's amplified just for that ten foot area. So weird. Then when you fly over the bridge, that step down to jump is pretty much impossible with the wind.

I've noticed that last jump on ALine can be wind effected at times too, but I'd say that one is much more rare.

Last edited by: ReductiMat on July 3, 2017, 4:12 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 3, 2017, 4:22 p.m.

Hey Red, do the grouse hold up score cards as you pass? Ya know, like 9.8, 9.9 etc.

July 3, 2017, 9:13 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Hey Red, do the grouse hold up score cards as you pass? Ya know, like 9.8, 9.9 etc.

Oh yeah.  I've only managed to break 3.6.

July 4, 2017, 9:44 a.m.

Crazy how there has been no lift lines until yesterday afternoon.
Groms are taking over, mine is one of them, he can't get enough and is frothing to ride every trail on the mountain, he's turning 7 this week. Apologies to all the people who've been inconvenienced by our slowness crashes etc, he's getting his pullouts figured out but interrupting his focus is hard.
My suggestion is to open a lift and trails on Blackcomb as a grom only zone.
Blueberry is awesome, kid wants to hit it, and as much as he wants to ride garbo we'll have to do it from Creekside.
Too tight is awesomer, I will volunteer to extend it up to the top.
Warms my heart to see all the kids and families riding the mountain and the valley.
Thanks trail crews, I understand how frustrating this dry weather is.
Cheers!