WBP 17

March 2, 2017, 9:06 p.m.

Hi nickel, hope you make it back to the new and improved NSMB.

If you have a say in the matter, can you suggest they put a decent sized hit at the bottom of Lower Canadian Open again? It was missed by at least one last year.

(Yes, I'm dreaming of park days again)

March 4, 2017, 10:44 p.m.

Already thinking of things I wanna conquer this season.

Thread killer

March 5, 2017, 7:38 a.m.

I can't wait for the feeling of the suspension getting a few hundred cycles in over the course of a few seconds.  Love that feeling.

That and Dirt Merchant.

March 6, 2017, 4:07 p.m.

Even though I just had a fucking amazing weekend ski touring deep powder, I find myself sitting at my desk thinking about taking the DH bike to the shore some weekend soon to geek out and dial in suspension settings. Downside of all the cold storms snowing to the valley could be a longer melt out for the park, but I hope the lack of warm rain storms means less erosion damage for trail crew to clean up compared to last year.

When do seasons passes go on sale? I did a 10 day last year and ended up close to 20, so this year it's a pass for sure.

March 6, 2017, 4:18 p.m.

They are for sale now!

I struggle to believe I can eclipse my mark set last year, but here's to hoping I can.

March 7, 2017, 2:59 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

They are for sale now!

I struggle to believe I can eclipse my mark set last year, but here's to hoping I can.

Nice. Prices similar to last year it seems? Season pass is a no brainer @ $639 with the bring a friend ticket and TOTW bringing the net cost under $600. Break-even looks to be around 15 days ignoring the food discounts.

Odd that the WBP website is still showing Giant, would figure they would be updating to GT by now.

March 7, 2017, 3:13 p.m.

Seems like its $10 more this year for the 5 pass.. and no early season day. But now has a free bring a friend day and free top of the world pass

March 8, 2017, 11:42 a.m.

Posted by: dutch

Seems like its $10 more this year for the 5 pass.. and no early season day. But now has a free bring a friend day and free top of the world pass

Yeah they changed up a the perks a bit it seems. I'll just sell the bring a friend to a buddy for $40 so I can tell myself the season pass was under $600. Didn't get up to TOTW last summer... although I'm more interested in linking up to trails outside the park there.

2017/18 winter pass info is out as well. To be honest I'm kind of glad Vail didn't bring the winter pass down to $999 as was speculated. EDGE card prices up 10%.

March 9, 2017, 7:57 p.m.

I'll probably go for the 10day pass. The website is a bit confusing as far as the early season bonuses go.

On one page they say 1 bring a friend ticket & 1 top of the world ticket:

http://bike.whistlerblackcomb.com/tickets-passes/passes

On another page they say 1 early season day:

https://summer.shop.whistlerblackcomb.com/passes/FiveandTenDay

So on a 5/10day pass, do you get all of those bonuses or just the early season day?

March 10, 2017, 10:19 a.m.

From Vail quarterly report this morning:

"At Whistler Blackcomb, the Company plans to invest approximately C$23 million (US$17 million) in calendar year 2017 for maintenance and discretionary projects. The plan includes key summer investments for the resort with the expansion of the bike park into the Creekside area, the construction of a signature suspension bridge at the top of Whistler Mountain and other summer amenities that support the already robust summer visitation at the resort. These investments are the first capital projects associated with the Renaissance plan following the renewal of the Master Development Agreements. The Company anticipates that additional spending related to the Renaissance plan will commence in calendar year 2018 and additional details will be provided as the timing of the projects is refined.

Additionally, the Company plans to invest approximately $17 million in capital during calendar year 2017 for the Whistler Blackcomb integration. These investments will allow us to fully integrate Whistler Blackcomb's systems, marketing and operations, including hardware at the resort, to achieve our anticipated synergies and create the streamlined, centralized approach that is consistent across our network for guests and employees."

Last edited by: luckbox on March 10, 2017, 10:20 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 10, 2017, 11:25 a.m.

should be interesting if they get most of the projects on the south side going this year, although I think it's going to be a late start with the way the snowpack is....@1000m on Sproatt it's currently rather deep

from the south coast touring page on FB...

March 10, 2017, 1:38 p.m.

Great find lockbox. 

I hope that means they're hiring more trail crew as opposed to just letting Fitz die on the vine this year. 

Flip, I wept a bit when I saw that. No early season riding this year.

March 10, 2017, 3:11 p.m.

Anyone have the inside scoop on what order Creekside trails will be built out this summer? And I seem to recall activity on a new trail last fall around In Deep exit/D2/Too Tight? Keen to park at Creekside more often this summer + lunches/apres at Dustys, but it would be nice to have more options down than DD/BC's Trail... love BC's but it's a bit of a workout on a DH bike.

Wow, the snowpack is yuuuuuuge on the west side. Singing Pass is so fast/easy as well with all these cold storms this winter.

March 11, 2017, 7:51 p.m.

I got some confirmation on some of the early bird bonuses. The website is a bit confusing. Looks I'm about to dump some more $$$ on a bike park pass having just renewed my next season's winter pass. It ain't cheap to have a good time ;D At least not in the recreational activities that I've chosen. The only plus is that I now qualify for the Senior's rate.. Yay!!

The bonus TOTW ticket & 1 x BAF ticket is for those who purchase an unlimited Bike Park pass, whereas for the 10 Day Pass you will receive the 1 x bonus day to be used before June 23

Last edited by: wizard604 on March 11, 2017, 7:56 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
March 12, 2017, 3:07 p.m.

Apparently this coming season if you get a 5 day pass, say, you can use the 5 days at any time thru the season. Last year I think there was a time frame like 5 of 7 days pass, where you had to use the 5 days within a 7 day period.

Thread killer