WBP 17

July 29, 2017, 11:55 a.m.

Breaking news

OSin tricky corner after big rock roll is gone and is now flowy.

As someone who loves speed, this is right up my alley. I suspect a lot of people will be angry however.

July 29, 2017, 3:44 p.m.

right before filthy ape/stepup island?

Last edited by: nortonwhis on July 29, 2017, 3:44 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 29, 2017, 3:52 p.m.

Not the very end with the big rock slab, the right hander to wee-rock roll and then to the ending-slab.

Last edited by: ReductiMat on July 29, 2017, 4:09 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I didn't put an L on my left hand and got it all confused.
July 29, 2017, 10:57 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Breaking news

As someone who loves speed, this is right up my alley. I suspect a lot of people will be angry however.

The fallen over tree had a root ball encroaching on the trail with stuff you could use to amputate your foot. You could have fit a small child under the one root.  Anyone who's angry about the removal of said stump is probably not to be paid attention to. Gotta go back and shave the chest spear just below today's work.

July 31, 2017, 4:49 p.m.

I noticed that on O-Sin -- no complaints here, easier to keep momentum through the final rock roll now.

Had a great (and long) day in the park on Saturday, 6,400m which I think that's the most I've ever done... with only one C-more and one A-Line in there... did Captain Safety and the Triple Hump for the first time. I had a brand new DHF Super Tacky up front so no excuses to pass em by.  My buddy is thinking of doing the Garbo DH so we did two top to bottom runs on the course, much respect to anyone that can go race pace down that whole thing, I was resting everywhere I could.

Rode out BC's to Creekside and could see some of the new trails being put in. Not gonna lie, will be nice to just bomb down a blue flow trail back to the car next year. BC's is fun but a workout when you are already gassed.

July 31, 2017, 10:10 p.m.

Good job!!  Regardless of what anyone thinks or says, the only way to get fit for the bike park is to to bike park.  When summer hits I only have time for the park and stop every single other activity except pizza and beer.  I get a bit fatter but I can peel off 15k feet of vertical in two and a half hours without any effort.  The first couple of weeks I feel it though.

Poor mid-aline is worse off after the fix.  EZ Aline is still holding on, although the berm after the bridge is struggling.

Bathtub is doing wayyyyy better than I expected.

Aug. 1, 2017, 10:59 a.m.

15k in 2.5 hours is fast, nice, been keeping an eye for that gunmetal YT but haven't seen you yet, guessing you clock a lot of vert mid-week when no one is around?

Anyone been down TOTW in the past week? Snow free yet? Have some friends in town for the long weekend and it's more fun taking my annual freebie with people who haven't done it yet.

Aug. 1, 2017, 2 p.m.

I have done it 4 times in the last week, today was the first snow free ride, all clear now

Aug. 1, 2017, 9:51 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

So it wasn't my imagination. I flew through there a couple days ago and thought it was unusually smooth!

Aug. 2, 2017, 4:31 p.m.

The runout of the boneyard is being built today which means the Aline berm has been nuked.  Which also means the last Aline jump is on configuration 3 now.  Looks to be sendier as it appears the table is longer.

Lots of crew were on it today and it looked pretty much built. Guessing opening will be based on time to dry and the heavy machinery beside it.

Worst smoke of the year here today.

Aug. 3, 2017, 11:41 a.m.

Last jump opened.. pretty basic sender.

Aug. 3, 2017, 1:20 p.m.

Smoke is everywhere, but in spite f the air quality warnings, the air feels easy to breathe. Nothing like the craziness from two years ago.

Random question: Anyone hit the last drop on In Deep (before the Little Alder split)? Is it a pretty straight forward <span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">trail speed hit?</span>

Last edited by: dmc on Aug. 3, 2017, 1:21 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 3, 2017, 1:43 p.m.

Posted by: dmc

Smoke is everywhere, but in spite f the air quality warnings, the air feels easy to breathe. Nothing like the craziness from two years ago.

Random question: Anyone hit the last drop on In Deep (before the Little Alder split)? Is it a pretty straight forward <span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">trail speed hit?</span>

Drag brake down the rock then let off just before the drop. It's fairly low speed.

Aug. 3, 2017, 2:31 p.m.

Posted by: nickel

Posted by: dmc

Random question: Anyone hit the last drop on In Deep (before the Little Alder split)? Is it a pretty straight forward <span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">trail speed hit?</span>

Drag brake down the rock then let off just before the drop. It's fairly low speed.

pfft this guy doesn't know what he talking about. Full gas, pull hard, huck to flat!

Think aline has been running sweet. sandy corner are much more agreeable than marbles on hardpack.

Was pretty stoked they didnt make us race on wednesday, tuesday practice laps were terrifying. Went too deep on the CO stepdown, blew a foot off the pedal, rode the top tube, to over the catch berm. Very lucky to walk away from that one...

Last edited by: nortonwhis on Aug. 3, 2017, 2:32 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 3, 2017, 3:10 p.m.

I got front row seats on Fitz to watch a guy snap his down tube at the bb on that the other day.