WBP 16

Sept. 12, 2016, 8:32 p.m.

We'll get there. It's quite a task to keep on top of 70+km of trail.

Sept. 12, 2016, 8:33 p.m.

I think the park is in good post-Crankworx shape considering the high traffic [HTML_REMOVED] the dryness. That rain we had was just what the dirt needed. Tackiness [HTML_REMOVED] short lift lines FTW. Props to the trail crews. Healing vibes, Grambo. (Is it a question of getting too complacent [HTML_REMOVED] crashing on trails you know so well? I don't know)

Thread killer

Sept. 13, 2016, 9:15 a.m.

I thought the work looked great. But, I am doing my dad duties and riding mostly with my 10 and 12yr old girls. So, we are just breaking out of the blues/technical blue and into the easier blacks.

They handled the bottom of No Joke in style.

That being said, the trail work on B-line was fantastic!

Sept. 13, 2016, 11:23 a.m.

Is anyone leaving Whistler Friday after the park closes with room for +1 to either Ferry terminal?

Sept. 15, 2016, 6:37 p.m.

7 Year = butter
Dirty = patches filled, bigger step down option before bridge is for free again

The first new jump of FT just after the Duffman bridge… I'm struggling like hell keeping my nose down on that one. What is wrong with me? Is it a more pronounced g-out at the bottom that I'm not accounting for somehow? Nothing else on the mountain is doing this to me. I might need to see a psychologist.

Sept. 16, 2016, 4:11 p.m.

Glad to hear you're OK. It seems to always happen on the trails you're most comfortable on. I lost 30 seconds of my life and busted a D3 on the fast tree-berm at the FT drop/entrance this year… The last thing I remember was me in the air before the drop remarking how many people were around hanging about the area.

I can confirm that the bike park is not in the same condition as it was in May, but it's better than it was in June.

Damn that sounds like a bad slam dude, and I'm sure you've railed that berm hundreds of times before. Always an element of uncertainty in riding bikes, part of what makes it fun I guess.

Thanks for the vibes, shoulder is feeling a lot better after 7 days. Pretty sure it's just a minor sprain/separation, swelling is down and range of motion is mostly there. Will be smart and take another 1-2 weeks off, do some light dumbbell work to test strength and be back for closing weekend… hopefully with a new bike hahah.

Sept. 17, 2016, 10:49 a.m.

Damn that sounds like a bad slam dude, and I'm sure you've railed that berm hundreds of times before. Always an element of uncertainty in riding bikes, part of what makes it fun I guess.

Thanks for the vibes, shoulder is feeling a lot better after 7 days. Pretty sure it's just a minor sprain/separation, swelling is down and range of motion is mostly there. Will be smart and take another 1-2 weeks off, do some light dumbbell work to test strength and be back for closing weekend… hopefully with a new bike hahah.

Go see a physio! Shoulders don't heal properly without the proper work and right exercises. I've some friends who tried to ride thru and can pop there shoulder while sneezing…

Sept. 17, 2016, 1:40 p.m.

Go see a physio! Shoulders don't heal properly without the proper work and right exercises. I've some friends who tried to ride thru and can pop there shoulder while sneezing…

Agreed. Those are two different injuries, a separated shoulder and dislocated shoulder. Ball out of socket is dislocated. A separation is a torn ligament at top corner of the shoulder.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Sept. 18, 2016, 12:27 a.m.

Fair point guys. I have some physio friends so I will get a recommendation and see one this week. After a disc herniation a few years ago I should know better (physio helped HUGE).

On a positive note I bought a new (to me) DH bike today :rocker:

Sept. 18, 2016, 7:12 a.m.

What'd ya get?

Sept. 18, 2016, 5:17 p.m.

I'm also curious. Nuttin better then newish bike day! I bought a ex rental v10 from Evolution at the end of 2014 and could not be happier. Awesome park bike and did not have to drop 10g's just to beat the crap out of it.

Sept. 18, 2016, 11:32 p.m.

I got a 2016 Norco Aurum C7.1, Fox Factory suspension, Saint and Race Face SixC components and Novatec Demon rims/Factor rear hub (awesome engagement and free hub buzz) with Magic Mary SG Vertstar setup tubeless. Bought it off one of the Norco Factory Racing guys hence the crazy specs, seems this was a spare bike because it looks and feels like it was ridden once. There's another one for sale on Pinkbike right now with the same build although I think the description says it was raced for half a season.

Waiting on Ice-tech rotors to come in the mail and I need to swap brakes from my old bike over then I'll post a pic. Spent more than I had planned, but this thing looks and feels brand new. Totally unnecessary but I've always wanted to have a high end DH bike and I ain't getting any younger. It was under half of retail so I feel great about the whole thing :). Weight is just under 32lbs without brakes or pedals and with the orange SLS spring in the shock. It's lighter than my freaking trail bike hahah.

My original plan was to get an ex-demo from Whistler but they are asking 50% MSRP (so $4,200 on a Gambler 710) and the bikes are way too hammered. I know the smaller shops rentals are in better shape for sure.

Sept. 18, 2016, 11:38 p.m.

Reductimat and other Schwalbe folks, what's the deal with Supergravity vs. their DH and bike park casing? I can see the SG is ~1,100g or so whereas the DH and bike park are 1,400ish like the Maxxis DH tires I am used to.

SG adequate for bike parking under a fat… err… athletically built dude?

Sept. 19, 2016, 7:08 a.m.

Congrats, sweet bike!!

I only ran folding-bead SG's for one set, so I don't really have any data to go on, and to make matters worse, that was last year. I don't remember it being that much worse in the wear department. I only got them because that's all I could get at the time. Since then, I'm getting about 20 days per rear tire and about 40 for the front.

Sept. 19, 2016, 10:09 a.m.

If you're running tubeless, go for the thicker sidewall. It'll last longer and feel better.