WBP 16

Sept. 10, 2016, 7:46 p.m.

Hero dirt alert! Great weather today. Not too busy either. Haven't been in the park in over a week and noticed a lot of trail love in spots.

Sept. 11, 2016, 5:59 a.m.

http://granfondowhistler.com/about-event/traffic-impacts
No one could get there yesterday:cry: Unless you were on a road bike.

Sept. 11, 2016, 9:03 a.m.

http://granfondowhistler.com/about-event/traffic-impacts
No one could get there yesterday:cry: Unless you were on a road bike.

I dunno, I rode down to brandywine at noon to ride back into town with a couple buddies and my wife who were doing it and traffic was not terrible….was def busy coming back to creekside at 4, but that's not so suprising

Sept. 11, 2016, 5:54 p.m.

^Maybe that's why I had the most vert of the season yesterday…

In Deep was a-okay on Thursday.

A lot of love happening on trails this week.

FT Bridge Jump shirts off party picture on IG :lol:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 12, 2016, 8:40 a.m.

Trails are in good shape, dirt is hero. There is a broken rung on a ladder on Goat's. Might wanna walk it. Capt. Safety is very greasy despite being mostly dry. Too Tight is such a funky little trail. Love diving in [HTML_REMOVED] just ripping it.

Thread killer

Sept. 12, 2016, 8:52 a.m.

Was up yesterday and found the trails to still be pretty beat. Garbo trails seemed pretty bad to me.

Sept. 12, 2016, 12:47 p.m.

Was up yesterday and found the trails to still be pretty beat. Garbo trails seemed pretty bad to me.

Really? Been up here since Thursday and honestly I don't think I've seen better conditions.

Sept. 12, 2016, 1:09 p.m.

The holes were still pretty big and trails were littered with brake bumps in my eyes. I know theyre always gonna have brake bumps but it still seemed crankworx level to me aside from a few trails.

Sept. 12, 2016, 3:40 p.m.

Really? Been up here since Thursday and honestly I don't think I've seen better conditions.

Hey you still ride!

The holes were still pretty big and trails were littered with brake bumps in my eyes. I know theyre always gonna have brake bumps but it still seemed crankworx level to me aside from a few trails.

Maybe this is more up your alley?

ALINE Tech section could've been renamed to ALINE Smooth last week. And apparently earlier according to ReductiMat

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 12, 2016, 3:58 p.m.

I saw new dirt on the Schleyer exit but didn't get a chance to ride it.

Was having a blast on Saturday, no lines and great weather, until I had my worst ever mtn bike crash. Not sure what happened but I suddenly found myself super-manning at high speed over the bike into the rocks on No Joke just about Creekside gondi. Rear wheel had 5 broken spokes, with one stuck in the rear mech, and no tension on the remaining spokes plus a bent rotor. Not sure how the crash would've caused all that so I'm suspicious a spoke had come lose and got into the rear mech and locked up my wheel… or I just suck and washed out the front :dizzy:. Happened on a section I have ridden many many times without trouble including earlier that day. Hopefully be back for closing weekend, still determined to get a new bike too.

Was sure I broke my collarbone/shoulder but seem to have just gotten away with soft tissue damage. Happy I didn't go down head first. Props to patrol for assessing and giving me and my mangled bike a lift down to the village. Is there a beer fund jar somewhere to say thanks?

Sept. 12, 2016, 5:02 p.m.

Glad to hear you're OK. It seems to always happen on the trails you're most comfortable on. I lost 30 seconds of my life and busted a D3 on the fast tree-berm at the FT drop/entrance this year… The last thing I remember was me in the air before the drop remarking how many people were around hanging about the area.

I can confirm that the bike park is not in the same condition as it was in May, but it's better than it was in June.

Sept. 12, 2016, 5:26 p.m.

I rode the park yesterday. It was stellar.

Sept. 12, 2016, 6:56 p.m.

What trails did you ride? If BV, then yeah, it's punched. Machine started at the top on Saturday. Ft is also pretty rough, but not as bad. We'll get to it eventually. A-line had the worst of it taken care of, same with parts of b line and ciu. No joke is pretty rough in places and so is o sin. We just can't be everywhere at once. Considering what people did to 7 year war, you guys are lucky we still care at all ;)

Crankworx only ended like 3 weeks ago. I don't know how fast you expect us to fix things but we're working on it, literally as fast as our clapped out bodies are able to. Sorry it's not up to your standards :rolleyes:

Sept. 12, 2016, 7:11 p.m.

@ nickel parks awesome. Thanks for the work!

Sept. 12, 2016, 7:22 p.m.

Im well aware its still not going to be in great shape. Wasnt trying to complain so much as just state my feelings. I was on bv and ft up top which as you said were pretty bad. The freshen up on the exit to schleyer was quite nice though.