WBP 16

Sept. 5, 2016, 6:55 a.m.

So good I nabbed 30,000 feet of descent today

Nice. :) The WB+ app is addicting. I had a 10K metre day last week and my gloveless hands were barely hanging on the last few Garbo laps… but I was determined to make that vert counter hit 10K.

Sept. 5, 2016, 4:55 p.m.

Nice. :) The WB+ app is addicting. I had a 10K metre day last week and my gloveless hands were barely hanging on the last few Garbo laps… but I was determined to make that vert counter hit 10K.

I was doing fine, I just ran out of time. My tube and tire and the crowds conspired against me. I did pace myself from the start though..

Nice to have the app.. before it was just a "I think it was a 16-18 lift day". Too bad we can't trade the badges in for Plain Jane's or something. Maybe I can turn them into patches and sew them into my shorts…

Sept. 5, 2016, 5:28 p.m.

The ski-run bits of 7 Year War are dying bad. Which is sad.

Also, if Jesus and Santa are listening, that jump after the Rutabaga diversion on DM could either use a longer landing or a lip reduction or lip boosting. Won't anyone think of my brake pads.

Sept. 6, 2016, 7:30 a.m.

The ski-run bits of 7 Year War are dying bad. Which is sad.

yeah, was pretty disappointed to see how so many people have ridden off trail and hacked that to shit, same with a bit of dusty's too a few corners in where everyone now straightlines…..

Sept. 6, 2016, 8:05 a.m.

yeah, was pretty disappointed to see how so many people have ridden off trail and hacked that to shit, same with a bit of dusty's too a few corners in where everyone now straightlines…..

Fuuuuuuu……….

People are irritating. Could've just made it a strait traverse but that would've sucked. Instead go back once a month to try to maintain the impossible.

Sept. 6, 2016, 8:40 a.m.

Fuuuuuuu……….

People are irritating. Could've just made it a strait traverse but that would've sucked. Instead go back once a month to try to maintain the impossible.

totally, make it a straight line and you would've got bitched at for making a boring trail, make a fun turny trail and people decide to try and straightline everything…

Sept. 6, 2016, 4:36 p.m.

totally, make it a straight line and you would've got bitched at for making a boring trail, make a fun turny trail and people decide to try and straightline everything…

There is no winning. Guess we'll just go fix it again.

Sept. 6, 2016, 5:12 p.m.

There is no winning. Guess we'll just go fix it again.

Maybe dig bigger wheel swallowing holes in the straightlines? Make them suck so bad people actually divert back to the trail?

Sept. 6, 2016, 5:43 p.m.

I ain't no trail builder, so this might be a silly question. Does the steepness play a factor in this? The only thing similar that jumps to mind is the section between Afternoon Delight and WDH.. it's pretty barren there too.

Aren't some spots on the mountain just plain harder to keep going relative to others?

Sept. 7, 2016, 7:03 a.m.

the trail did what it was supposed to to not be steep, by having lots of turns…people just decided they wanted to ride the straight offcamber across the slope above the turns instead and have turned it into a big ugly shit show.

Sept. 7, 2016, 5:18 p.m.

Haven't been up since Crankworx but will be riding both days this weekend and looking forward to some hopefully tacky goodness. Sounds like there's been a lot of work in the last few weeks? Where should one go to sample this new dirt? I know A-line sounds prime.

And yeah, stay on the trail on 7 Year, sucks people are wrecking it. Love riding that trail to skip the fire road out of No Joke. Would be really cool if it extended down to the next section of No Joke in the future.

Sept. 8, 2016, 7:57 p.m.

Flow trails are all-time right now. The new mud in front of the bigger creek gap on DM is soft right now.. New jumps at the bottom of FT are still squishy in places, definitely need to thread the needle on them to get the four hit combo.

I slowed down a bit and looked around on 7 Year War today… I never noticed the carnage above the trail before. I now know what you guys were talking about. That's insane. Earlier, I was referring to the trail itself, crumbling at the edges.

Sept. 9, 2016, 12:37 p.m.

Started fixing that bloodbath today. What a sad place. It's really a significant chunk of riders that have taken to not riding the trail. Super unfortunate. More fence it is.

Sept. 9, 2016, 2:13 p.m.

have low expectations of people and you won't be disappointed or surprised.

:canada:

Sept. 9, 2016, 7:57 p.m.

Started fixing that bloodbath today. What a sad place. It's really a significant chunk of riders that have taken to not riding the trail. Super unfortunate. More fence it is.

it's always a battle