WBP 16

Aug. 25, 2016, 6:22 p.m.

Looks like a top to bottom patch up of Aline is in the works. Current mid is closed.

Bigger Dirty Creek jump is a bit haggard, might want to throw an extra pedal in there and not just coast in.

Aug. 26, 2016, 3:39 p.m.

Bigger Dirty Creek jump is a bit haggard, might want to throw an extra pedal in there and not just coast in.

Yes… the run-in is rough so harder to carry speed and the lip is worn down/rounded. Followed my son into it on Wednesday night, and he struggled with speed (78 pounds) and then didn't get as much pop as usual and dead sailored it. Tagged his fork on the top of the transition but fortunately got it over the lip and road away.

I had a solid dad "holy sh!t" moment.

Aug. 26, 2016, 6:17 p.m.

Crabapple hits might be the best built jumps on earth. Stoked to ✔ them off the list today.

Aug. 27, 2016, 3:58 p.m.

back from 3 weeks vacation and the park has certainly suffered. Especially coming off some of the buffness in the Kootenay's and Revy (Revy, Nakusp, New Denver, Nelson, Rossland), but nothing compared to the dust and blown berms in the Mt. Hood area. I know how to surf silt and pumice now…

Just dropped you a pm about Nakusp / New Denver!

Aug. 28, 2016, 11:37 a.m.

Is it just me or is Aline tech more bike swallowing than ever?

Aug. 28, 2016, 12:41 p.m.

Is it just me or is Aline tech more bike swallowing than ever?

My son dissapeared into one of the hole's yesterday and I haven't seen him since. Then I got a mysterious message from a Chinese courier company saying they were shipping me a young boy that suddenly appeared out of a manhole in Beijing.

Stick to DM for the jumps!

Aug. 29, 2016, 2:52 p.m.

Mid ALine is fully rebuilt to the drop and then the berm that always gets punched to hell a bit after that was rebuilt.

Only a month and a half left :(

Aug. 31, 2016, 6:38 p.m.

Am I the only one left here who rides park.

Has the berm on ALINE after EZ bridge been fixed yet?

Aug. 31, 2016, 8:14 p.m.

Am I the only one left here who rides park.

Has the berm on ALINE after EZ bridge been fixed yet?

I've been on days off, it might have happened on morning maintenance, but we've been avoiding it for a bit to not run into conflict with the phat Wednesday.

Aug. 31, 2016, 8:46 p.m.

Of course, forgot about that.

Weather looked shit today from the cams. Did it happen?

Aug. 31, 2016, 9:30 p.m.

That corner is still rough. Dirt merchant and fade to black have been getting the maintenance love lately. Rain off an on today, was nice hero dirt in the morning+ afternoon then got real soggy later.

Sept. 2, 2016, 5:02 p.m.

Lower Aline is under the knife. Lots of new mud..

Sept. 3, 2016, 9:39 a.m.

A-Line tech re-opened last night and it was smooth smoothie. For a few days anyway. Actually, rode like a blue square! Last jump has a nice rebuilt lip for maximum send.

And yes, DM and creek gap all good. With the rain, even Monkey Hands was tolerable!

Kids final Phat race last night as well, which kept lots of trails lower down closed. The Phat kids needs a rethink with such a HUGE level of diversity in kids' riding levels. It was the Oriental Express, which many kids look forward to. However, from my vantage point, I saw at least 10 kids who's results were pretty much throw-aways due to rider conflicts. In one case a young girl was pretty much walking the course as she didn't have the ability to ride much beyond green and saw her basically end 3 other racers' runs. Kudos that she wants to be out there, but some self-seeding or something needs to happen. In another case, a DFX coach and a blue square rider were working their way down the course, and while the coach was aware of chase riders, there was no way he could keep getting out of the way without disrupting the pace of other riders. The Mrs saw watched at the finish where a strong rider came up behind them in the final exit chicane and basically had to pull up and coast to the finish - in the Phat kids boys' categories that was probably the difference between 1st and 6th, given the top boys are so close. But, it's $5 beer (soda) league racing and better to have this than nothing just to get the kids' the feeling of racing. And the draw prizes for the kids are amazing.

Sept. 4, 2016, 11:03 p.m.

So much park goodness right now. All of it riding so fast. We did 3 laps of Dusty's to BC Trail, the boy getting faster each lap now that he can ride it all clean and without stopping. So much fun.

A-Line fully re-opened. Other jump trails - Freight Train, DM all running fast and smooth.

Re-discovered love for Upper and Lower Joyride.

Just all good today.

Sept. 4, 2016, 11:32 p.m.

So good I nabbed 30,000 feet of descent today, even with a Gwinn-arbo lap with a flat near right out of the gate. Only one minor ding in the rim… Don't think a carbon hoop would've held up to that.

Sad extended play is over tomorrow.