WBP 16

Aug. 16, 2016, 5:04 p.m.

The part where FT and OSin crossed was open.. Just the bridge jump was shut. Pushed up to Una and got to do the rest.

Missed the Duffman/Gt line. understand DM now.

I forgot all about BV bridge. That had to be shut down so the re-reoute to FT/Una is right there. I suspect a lot of Joey's would be run over at the junction point there if it were open.

Aug. 16, 2016, 5:19 p.m.

New FT step-up hip is booosty. The other jumps are great too. I like the changes.

Still undecided on the revamped dirt merchant… At least you won't overshoot the jump at the old line/new line intersection now. It's actually hard to clear.

I still struggle to go full-throttle there consistently. Landing deep there once has been enough to keep me second-guessing my speed… that said, it really is nice to just go full-throttle through all of that. I'm a big fan of the changes.

Aug. 16, 2016, 5:33 p.m.

Haven't seen any free SRAM hats yet, but people are wearing them. Marcelo Guttierrez 4-peated in the Garbo DH just now. Blenki was up there too.

Thread killer

Aug. 16, 2016, 5:36 p.m.

I was hanging out there for a bit but after riding all day the heat got to me.

Where did Bruni finish? Tristan was saying over the mic that it was being broadcast but I sure as hell couldn't find it.

Aug. 16, 2016, 5:39 p.m.

I was hanging out there for a bit but after riding all day the heat got to me.

Where did Bruni finish? Tristan was saying over the mic that it was being broadcast but I sure as hell couldn't find it.

As far as I know, it wasn't being broadcast. Guttierrez lost his chain at Ho-chi-min and still won. I think Bruni was 4th.

Thread killer

Aug. 22, 2016, 6:05 p.m.

I'm curious to know what the condition of the park is these days. Judging from a few shots from Crankworx, some of the trails look BEAT with huge breaking bumps. Is that an accurate assessment?

Aug. 22, 2016, 6:29 p.m.

A Line is hurting.

Dirt Merchant is doing well.

Freight Train from just before last junction is punched to hell, including the new beginning-of-the-end bits.

Una Moss off of FT is still pretty much flawless.

BV is BV. CIU is CIU.

Tech trails are still tech.

Aug. 22, 2016, 7:23 p.m.

I think my fillings came loose on the last rock face on Detroit Rock City as it merges with Lower Joyride. Extreme chunder. Trails are what you might expect after C-Worx [HTML_REMOVED] the heat. At least the slabs are grippy. Sorry to see that tight corner on Mac River go. Was a challenge trying to make it without dabbing.

Thread killer

Aug. 22, 2016, 10:18 p.m.

It's just the usual spots that get beat… Lower a line, blue velvet, parts of crank it up, heart of darkness… I had an absolute blast in the park this evening and wasn't on any of those except HOD.

Aug. 23, 2016, 8:01 a.m.

Sorry to see that tight corner on Mac River go. Was a challenge trying to make it without dabbing.

I wonder how many people feel like you. I bet less than ten. EWS guys were pretty stoked that it didn't suck anymore from what I was able to hear. Sorry to hear it's no longer your cup of tea.

Aug. 23, 2016, 9:37 a.m.

I finally rode Goats on Sunday. Really enjoy riding trails blind :lol:

I always forget to check out Mac Riv. Lower FT and Dirty are running very good its difficult to pass them up.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 23, 2016, 4:05 p.m.

I think my fillings came loose on the last rock face on Detroit Rock City as it merges with Lower Joyride. Extreme chunder. Trails are what you might expect after C-Worx [HTML_REMOVED] the heat. At least the slabs are grippy. Sorry to see that tight corner on Mac River go. Was a challenge trying to make it without dabbing.

I was using that last rock face on DRC as a test piece for demo bikes. Pivot Phoenix with Fox Factory and the V10C just floated over it. Rode it Sunday night back on my bike and had to sit over the back tire as I was afraid my front end was going to get stuck in those holes!! I was also surprised how well the base model aluminum YT Tues felt ($3700 new with a Boxer RC and kage)… wish I could've tried a carbon version.

I like the new Mackenzie River, fun and feels a lot faster than Duffman.

Was there some new dirt thrown around on In Deep after the Garbo DH? Felt a bit smoother than when I tried it the other week.

Aug. 23, 2016, 8:14 p.m.

In deep was worked on the week before the Garbo dh, but got quite a bit of work

Aug. 23, 2016, 9:14 p.m.

back from 3 weeks vacation and the park has certainly suffered. Especially coming off some of the buffness in the Kootenay's and Revy (Revy, Nakusp, New Denver, Nelson, Rossland), but nothing compared to the dust and blown berms in the Mt. Hood area. I know how to surf silt and pumice now…

That said, A-Line Tech, is now A-Line Tech, that's for sure. As the boy said… he almost dropped through to China at one point.

But yeah, ride where the other's don't and you're all. Did a warm-up lap (the boys' idea of warm-up) - O Sin to Captain Safety to Fatcrobat. Rode like it did before we left. Rocks and wood bridges don't get bomb holes! Too tight running fast. Angry Pirate not devastating. Crack Addict and it's neighbor pretty much same as always. Good times being back.

Aug. 24, 2016, 8:09 a.m.

In deep was worked on the week before the Garbo dh, but got quite a bit of work

In Deep was thing of beauty a couple of weeks ago … I'm guessing it got trashed by GarboDH, but its flows so well even when its chundered (with the exception of the ride up to the Fatcrobat junction which you may need to giv'er on the ladder to get up there).