WBP 16

April 7, 2016, 11:20 a.m.

I thought I was in the minority thinking like that. DM has become too large for me, so I rarely ride that one. I'm pretty sure they did some work to Goat's Gully, cause last year I cleaned it every time [HTML_REMOVED] previous to that could not. I dunno if it was "dumbing down" or regular maintenance.
As far as the master plan, I hope they don't turn the place into Magic Mountain.

I really dont think they made stuff much bigger in dirt merchant did they? Maybe a little different style, more like CGP stuff. I still squash pretty much everything on there when its dry.

April 7, 2016, 11:30 a.m.

yeah I don't think DM is any bigger, just a bit different, but everything goes pretty fine and it's still easy to overshoot stuff. I've actually really appreciate the move towards more intermediate singletrack and a bunch of the refinements/improvements. I think the park was stale for a while but for the few evenings a week I go nowadays, I have a good enough time. Definitely not a park rat anymore though and more than a couple of hours is usually too much for me these days and I find myself heading up towards some of the other stuff off the mountain.

April 7, 2016, 1:05 p.m.

The first couple of jumps that constitute the new entrance sure look a lot more intimidating feel a whole lot bigger although I'm not sure how they actually measure up. Given how much of mountain biking is a mental game that makes a big difference for the aspiring rider, or the rider who previously rode DM and now feels "priced out".

April 8, 2016, 3:33 a.m.

Everything they built two years ago, starting at the new start with the wooden Dirt Merchant statue is much bigger than the old stuff. When I stopped there to take photos I was surprised how big the jumps actually are.

You can still see where the old start was and after that it's quite chilled again. Of course the creek gap and the stepup before that have always been quite big.

April 8, 2016, 12:39 p.m.

I think that they made DM safer given how easy it was to way overshoot the stuff on the old entrance!

April 11, 2016, 4:38 p.m.

I like the new DM alot. I just think there could be more trail development focus on advanced intermediate to advanced singletrack and jumps. What "Crank it Up" might evolve to when "More" opens this year as the easier line. I think this is the skill level of the general talent of the WB masses, despite most of them thinking they are more at the DM and Captain Safety level! Also good for the strong groms so they are pushing themselves without risking themselves too much and allowing them to experiment more.

April 11, 2016, 4:56 p.m.

What I would love would be to mix the two like they kind of did at the top of BV or the tombstone on ALine or the wee rock roll on Bluesium.

I'm constantly harassing my non-biking friends to come to the park. When they commit it'd be nice if there were some hits on the extreme sides of the trails where I could have a bit of fun while I take them around the park.

As for DM, I'm with nortonwhis… the speed the first berm holds has me thinking Remy could double the first or second jump. Definitely need to take it slow over the squirrel catcher.

So close now. Counting down the days!!

April 12, 2016, 4:02 p.m.

Just read they are building a pump track by Mid Station.

Are they going to allow me to take my one brake DJ bike up there? I can't imagine a pump track on my full squish. And I can imagine it being raped by the very same requiring a full time resource on the thing.

April 12, 2016, 4:10 p.m.

Just read they are building a pump track by Mid Station.

Are they going to allow me to take my one brake DJ bike up there? I can't imagine a pump track on my full squish. And I can imagine it being raped by the very same requiring a full time resource on the thing.

yeah, that makes zero sense.

April 12, 2016, 5:26 p.m.

I read that as well. Can't imagine (or i hope no) riders were involved with that decision. Even a mid travel bike would be a waste of time.

April 14, 2016, 10:47 p.m.

Anyone got a list of trails or sections of trails that they want to clean in the park this season? Last year I got a few firsts in; cleaned Upper Joyride and Goat's Gully. Looking to get that rock crack on In Deep this season especially since I almost broke my toe on it last year. I have cleaned the old Clown Shoes, but not the new one yet. Maybe I could even get Captain Safety in on a dry day.

Thread killer

April 16, 2016, 1:18 a.m.

It seems whenever I set goals I push it too fast and up at the clinic.

That said I'd be fucking smitten if I could get close to dragging an end of my handlebar over a jump.

I'll be at bed 7.

April 16, 2016, 10:38 a.m.

My goals; Ride lots, have fun, give out 1000 high fives… Don't really have anything I haven't done so maybe just some new lines and stuff. I always work Wednesday nights otherwise I'd try and improve at phat Wednesdays. To be honest I get more stoked helping friends progress haha.

April 18, 2016, 9:22 a.m.

Just got my season pass yesterday but was roaming around the village trying to find an "A-Line" t-shirt, anyone know where I can pick on up?

April 18, 2016, 9:32 a.m.

You're probably going to need to wait a few weeks until the Bike and Bean is open.