WBP 16

March 7, 2016, 6:38 p.m.

Good days skiing I have a blast, but I never miss winter during the summer whereas any day the skiings not great I'm missing bikes, also way easier to find time to ride when you can ride something awesome in 90 minutes in the evening or whatever.

Way more powder days in the summer too… only need a sprinkle of rain to make it perfect.

March 7, 2016, 9:32 p.m.

I predict at least two threads regarding people standing in the trail/on lips and/or landings of jumps before the end of July.

You mean the "Some noob ruined my A-Line lap" type threads?

Thread killer

March 11, 2016, 7:34 a.m.

I agree the bike park pass is way better value than the ski pass. Long operating hours, generally shorter line-ups. My body is the limiting factor for getting in laps on the bike whereas I could easily ski more lift served powder if line-ups were not as long.

To be fair, there's a lot more staff and lifts needed to keep the mountain open during ski season. My skiing has cost me about $45 a day to date- and that will go down. Seems like I have about a 12-lap a day max in either sport, though.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

March 15, 2016, 12:31 p.m.

Anyone else catch this little nugget? Congrats WB, you've convinced me to buy my first WBP pass. From the website (http://bike.whistlerblackcomb.com/tickets-passes/passes)

Top Of The World Season Pass

NEW! ONE LAP PER DAY - ALL SEASON LONG
Evolved from last year's Pass, which was only valid during Peak Express chairlift and Top Of The World operations, we've stretched this Pass out so you can enjoy early and late season too.

• Access the highest lift available on any given day, allowing one lap per day throughout the entire season (May 20 - October 10, 2016)
  • Access the Top Of The World Trail during Peak Express chairlift operations (approx. June 25 - September 18, 2016, subject to conditions)
March 18, 2016, 11:38 a.m.

Anyone know the rules are for parking on the roof of the Creekside parkade in the summer? I seem to remember it being short-term 1-2h or pay in the winter?

We have roof mounted bike racks and it would be nice to park at Creekside mid-summer to save a bit of driving time on both ends, have a short lift line for first up and have Dusty's for apres. Dropping the bikes off the rack and walking them into the parkade would work but a slight pain. First world problems.

March 18, 2016, 12:02 p.m.

overheight vehicles only on the top deck, and they do ticket frequently and fiercely in the winter

March 18, 2016, 4:19 p.m.

Once upon a time I was the lucky guy ticketing all those cars. I think you'll be fine, why not ask http://whistlerparking.com

March 18, 2016, 8:11 p.m.

Anyone know the rules are for parking on the roof of the Creekside parkade in the summer? I seem to remember it being short-term 1-2h or pay in the winter?

We have roof mounted bike racks and it would be nice to park at Creekside mid-summer to save a bit of driving time on both ends, have a short lift line for first up and have Dusty's for apres. Dropping the bikes off the rack and walking them into the parkade would work but a slight pain. First world problems.

So far this winter, they have been super sticky about it. I was walking to the grocery store just today and I noticed about 10 cars and trucks tagged, including F150's, Jeeps, etc with ski racks. The over-height is 7'6" which means WAY HIGHER than a car with a bike rack with bikes removed.

So, sadly, you should probably go underground. It was a $48 ticket.

March 18, 2016, 9:54 p.m.

Worth every penny!

Hell yeah! I can't wait!

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

April 1, 2016, 10:33 p.m.

Just over a month now.

April 5, 2016, 6:33 p.m.

Maybe this is old news but I just got the email. WB is planning a big upgrade which includes developing Creekside to double the size of the bike park. Looks like an upgrade to Airdome as well.

http://renaissance.whistlerblackcomb.com/

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

April 5, 2016, 9:26 p.m.

Maybe this is old news but I just got the email. WB is planning a big upgrade which includes developing Creekside to double the size of the bike park. Looks like an upgrade to Airdome as well.

Wow.

I wonder how much of that is, "Please let us build the condo's, we promise we'll do these things if they don't turn out to be impossible.. or really hard.. or we get distracted".

Regardless, it's an interesting 15 to 20 year plan…

April 5, 2016, 9:56 p.m.

Sounds promising. They seem to be missing the mark for me for the last few years. Middle aged guy not looking to go huge but tired of watching WBP trails that were good intermediate trails getting "dumbed down" while trails like dirt merchant getting a bit bigger than I'm comfortable with. Last year was the first year in a long time I didn't get a pass, and no pass for me means no DFX for the grom or triple play for the wife. Not that WB is missing my $ but it feels like they don't cater to riders of my and my friends wants. Maybe things will change but I doubt it.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

April 6, 2016, 10:01 a.m.

Well, they claim the land development part (real estate) comes after the "play" part, which means the Watershed development. But that still has 2-4 years of approval process.

I think they've tucked the bike park improvements into this plan, so they can say that the plan has life earlier. I think the Creekside expansion (at a moderate pace) was already in the works, but it's being packaged with "Renaissance" to give it some early wins and gain support.

Regardless, I agree with Yellowdog in regard to the reduction of solid intermediate and advanced trails that cater to the masses…. especially single track trails and more technical or upper-mid jump trails. I think we all watch the videos and W/B knows the selling potential of them, but really only a smaller percentage of total riders can hit the huge stuff and some groms are perhaps being pushed into this kind of terrain before their are truly capable to handle the "oh sh!t" moments, as the other trails are too easy. There is a real void in the upper middle, which is where the majority of bike park customers reside. So they just hit A-Line and Karate Monkey all day.

April 6, 2016, 6:28 p.m.

I thought I was in the minority thinking like that. DM has become too large for me, so I rarely ride that one. I'm pretty sure they did some work to Goat's Gully, cause last year I cleaned it every time [HTML_REMOVED] previous to that could not. I dunno if it was "dumbing down" or regular maintenance.
As far as the master plan, I hope they don't turn the place into Magic Mountain.

Thread killer