WBP 16

Aug. 6, 2016, 1:55 p.m.

Haha. Wednesday is the new Saturday! Super busy last week. I was talking to a guy in operations and I think WB set a new record for the bike park. Also, a friend had a really hard time finding a rental bike yesterday. Everything was sold out. The good news was that there were no Garbo lift lines (I think the expert only sign keeps ridership down). So if you are looking for a chill/quiet day in the park, you are probably going to have to wait until September.

Wednesday is Phat/Phawst Wednesday so that likely contributes to the business of the park on that day of the week.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 6, 2016, 9:48 p.m.

Wednesday is Phat/Phawst Wednesday so that likely contributes to the business of the park on that day of the week.

women's night too

Aug. 7, 2016, 1:27 p.m.

New Dirt Merchant entrance.

The awkward little one has been nuked and the one following it is beefier it seems. Not sure how much the soft dirt affects things but I'm thinking no speed checks are necessary any more.

Also is that fastest/biggest one of the set longer or is it just the soft dirt? So used to taking some speed off before hitting that one..

Bottom FT jumps are still a bit tricky for me.. That said what an upgrade.

Aug. 7, 2016, 6:54 p.m.

New Dirt Merchant entrance.

The awkward little one has been nuked and the one following it is beefier it seems. Not sure how much the soft dirt affects things but I'm thinking no speed checks are necessary any more.

Step down before and step up after nuked jump have both grown, the step up has grown more than the step down.

Also is that fastest/biggest one of the set longer or is it just the soft dirt? So used to taking some speed off before hitting that one..

Bottom FT jumps are still a bit tricky for me.. That said what an upgrade.

Fastest/biggest (we call it the tie-in jump as it's the jump where new DM meets old DM) has grown. Only about two feet on the left side, 6-8 on the right side to get rid of the hipped landing. Landing is also 6 feet wider on the right side. Center of landing grew about 4-5 feet.

Aug. 7, 2016, 7:23 p.m.

Fucking awesome. The best just got better. Hope this rain doesn't disrupt the bedding in.

Aug. 8, 2016, 5:24 a.m.

We need rain. Even if it means fixing a few mud ruts on dirt merchant, the bike park is thirty.

Aug. 8, 2016, 7:23 a.m.

+1 for rain, it's dry out there….a bit of intermittent rain for a few days will be good this week

Aug. 8, 2016, 7:26 a.m.

I agree, however if Jesus is granting wishes right now it doesn't hurt to ask.

Aug. 8, 2016, 12:09 p.m.

Had a great day on Saturday… perfect weather (not too hot) and somehow barely any lift lines. Managed 5,500m vert which is a record for me with only two jump laps. My braking fingers are sore today. New Mackenzie River is a fun ride, enjoyed it more than lower Duffman.

When parking at creekside, patrol seems to sweep Dustys/BC's around 5ish when the lift closes, so riding down after then requires ducking a rope at the FT junction. Any lift ticket risk in doing this? As a skier, ducking ropes is no bueno. I figure it's just riding at your my own risk in this situation and not going to cause any grief with WB.

Thanks for the reminders about Phat Wednesday and ladies night… coming up this Thursday instead to try new bikes. Hoping for a bit of moisture as it was getting dusty.

Aug. 8, 2016, 5:20 p.m.

Baby Jesus delivered. DM was closed for my peek on the hill today.

Aug. 8, 2016, 11:15 p.m.

what shape is Top of the Word in now? that would be my first time on this trail. a week ago a lady at customer service said TOTW still partially snow covered and rerouted to a road in some sections.

Aug. 9, 2016, 6:57 a.m.

what shape is Top of the Word in now? that would be my first time on this trail. a week ago a lady at customer service said TOTW still partially snow covered and rerouted to a road in some sections.

it's fully open, no snow.

Aug. 9, 2016, 7:29 a.m.

When parking at creekside, patrol seems to sweep Dustys/BC's around 5ish when the lift closes, so riding down after then requires ducking a rope at the FT junction. Any lift ticket risk in doing this? As a skier, ducking ropes is no bueno. I figure it's just riding at your my own risk in this situation and not going to cause any grief with WB.

Think of it as a temporary boundary rope early season. It means after Creek hours, ride at your own risk, unpatrolled. Use extra caution, but it's my understanding that there are no repercussions to ducking the rope in this specific case. It's primary purpose is to draw attention to the lift being closed/lack of patrol after Creek sweep.

Aug. 9, 2016, 7:39 a.m.

Think of it as a temporary boundary rope early season. It means after Creek hours, ride at your own risk, unpatrolled. Use extra caution, but it's my understanding that there are no repercussions to ducking the rope in this specific case. It's primary purpose is to draw attention to the lift being closed/lack of patrol after Creek sweep.

yeah, many of us south siders have used that route to get back home without having to go back to the village and ride the road for many years, very convenient

Aug. 9, 2016, 9:02 a.m.

yeah, many of us south siders have used that route to get back home without having to go back to the village and ride the road for many years, very convenient

According to the internet Vail is going to be sending you to Guantanamo for indiscretions like this.

Looking forward to my annual WBP day this weekend for the Crankworx Challenger Enduro.

Hopefully I still remember how to jump and can enjoy a DM and A-Line lap.