Unsanctioned?

Sept. 4, 2012, 6:52 p.m.

I don't see a thread on the new section of trail part way down blue velvet, might be called Unsanctioned, so just gotta say: Trail Crew, this is amazing work. So much fun. Flying into the berms was like magic. It's just set up so well.
If you haven't scoped it out yet, plan on hitting it over and over again.
:dizzy::dizzy:

Sept. 4, 2012, 7:59 p.m.

When did they decide to rename the first part of Black Velvet to Blue Velvet?

Sept. 4, 2012, 8:04 p.m.

When did they decide to rename the first part of Black Velvet to Blue Velvet?

When they changed the features to blue and made it run down to Super Fantastik.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Sept. 4, 2012, 8:20 p.m.

When they changed the features to blue and made it run down to Super Fantastik.

Yes, but when was that?

Sept. 4, 2012, 11:14 p.m.

Yes, but when was that?

August 9th, 2012

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Sept. 5, 2012, 7:25 a.m.

Balls…..that explains why I couldn't find Black Velvet the other day, yet still ended up on Facrobat….I was riding it all along! I thought it seemed a bit familiar… And I missed out on a whole load of new trail by turning left following a sign for 'Black Velvet' only to end up immediately on that God awful fake north shore trail :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh well, I'll know next time!

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 5, 2012, 10:32 a.m.

So there is no such thing as "black velvet" anymore?

Sept. 5, 2012, 10:48 a.m.

So there is no such thing as "black velvet" anymore?

It becomes Black Velvet at the junction to the Fitz zone.

Sept. 5, 2012, 8:47 p.m.

Don't get hung up on the name, just get up there for another run. Mix it up, hop between a few different tracks and give it your own name. I'd suggest "Velveteen Rabbit".

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Sept. 5, 2012, 8:53 p.m.

It was called black velvet not because of the size of the features, but because you were forced to exit on a black trail. Now that an expert trail is not mandatory, it becomes blue velvet. None of the features have been changed. The only remaining piece of "black velvet" is the left option at the new split. Black velvet is a very short connector over to fatcrobat, basically a berm, a tiny step down type feature, a bridge, 2 berms then merge with the 'crobat. Take this to link blue velvet to too tight or D1, or blue Velvet to link with Super Fantastic and all the lower trails on that side. Eventually there will be more Blue Velvet, but that's for another day!

Sept. 5, 2012, 9:51 p.m.

It was called black velvet not because of the size of the features, but because you were forced to exit on a black trail. Now that an expert trail is not mandatory, it becomes blue velvet. None of the features have been changed. The only remaining piece of "black velvet" is the left option at the new split. Black velvet is a very short connector over to fatcrobat, basically a berm, a tiny step down type feature, a bridge, 2 berms then merge with the 'crobat. Take this to link blue velvet to too tight or D1, or blue Velvet to link with Super Fantastic and all the lower trails on that side. Eventually there will be more Blue Velvet, but that's for another day!

could you repeat that please, sllooweer this time

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Sept. 6, 2012, 8:08 a.m.

could you repeat that please, sllooweer this time

Ride down Blue Velvet. Ignore the left turn signed 'Black Velvet' (may as well be signed 'pile of logs, and a swamp when it's wet') but go RIGHT down all the new stuff..

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 6, 2012, 12:51 p.m.

So at the "new split" you can take Black Velvet down to Fatcrobat -[HTML_REMOVED] Too tight/D1 or you can take Blue Velvet down to "Super Fantastic" (I assume this is a new trail that leads down to Fantastic, and the other trails down there like CIU and Blue line, etc????)

Sept. 6, 2012, 1:01 p.m.

So at the "new split" you can take Black Velvet down to Fatcrobat -[HTML_REMOVED] Too tight/D1 or you can take Blue Velvet down to "Super Fantastic" (I assume this is a new trail that leads down to Fantastic, and the other trails down there like CIU and Blue line, etc????)

http://videos.mtb-news.de/videos/view/22843

ride like they did in that video

Sept. 6, 2012, 5:55 p.m.

If you're doing it properly, there won't be time to read the signs, you'll be airborne and looking to set up into the next berm which is the new section of Blue Velvet. Don't worry about any signs that say "drop". Those signs should be changed to "maintain speed and course". At end of the new section, the grin may be permanently stuck to your face.