Jan. 11, 2008, 2:57 a.m.

cherrs Straw, i thought it was an awsome and help full thread

Feb. 16, 2008, 2:36 p.m.

Olympic rentals mostly but open to all kinds of listings

www.rentforthegames.com

March 17, 2008, 12:21 a.m.

I,
I emailed Sarah, the HOUSE super, and she said:
"Our staff accommodations will be made available to WhistlerBlackcomb employees this summer. We will be happy to accommodate you once you have a confirmed job offer".

I reckon this means that HOUSE is available exclusively to Whistler employees this summer?

March 17, 2008, 3:11 a.m.

^^^I'll see if I can find out about that.

I'll update the front page when I do.

March 17, 2008, 10:46 a.m.

I,
I emailed Sarah, the HOUSE super, and she said:
"Our staff accommodations will be made available to WhistlerBlackcomb employees this summer. We will be happy to accommodate you once you have a confirmed job offer".

I reckon this means that HOUSE is available exclusively to Whistler employees this summer?

Yeah I phoned them the other day asking about staying there for a bit through summer and got told that it was Staff only this year.

But I hope its not the case and I can't see that many staff being put on anyway so I'd love to know what the go is.

I ride Bikes

March 17, 2008, 4:29 p.m.

Yeah I phoned them the other day asking about staying there for a bit through summer and got told that it was Staff only this year.

But I hope its not the case and I can't see that many staff being put on anyway so I'd love to know what the go is.

What you said, but they are renting most of the rooms out to "big groups" this year and want to try and get a lot more people from overseas employeed there to use the rest of the housing. Thats what i've been told.

W Homer Cycles
JamsSite

March 17, 2008, 10:33 p.m.

What you said, but they are renting most of the rooms out to "big groups" this year and want to try and get a lot more people from overseas employeed there to use the rest of the housing. Thats what i've been told.

I see.

Anyway I wonder if I can stay there if I'm volunteering at Crankworx. I'm hoping to volunteer the whole event but if I can't stay cheaply it probably won't happen.

I ride Bikes

March 18, 2008, 3:47 a.m.

I sent an email out trying to get the official word…but it seems like I'll have to edit the first post. I'll do that when I hear for sure, or in a few days if I don't hear anything.

March 18, 2008, 5:18 p.m.

I see.

Anyway I wonder if I can stay there if I'm volunteering at Crankworx. I'm hoping to volunteer the whole event but if I can't stay cheaply it probably won't happen.

According to their website theres an "order" still of how they offer accomodation.

full time
part time
volunteer
and another here or above volunteer.

W Homer Cycles
JamsSite

March 18, 2008, 6:46 p.m.

According to their website theres an "order" still of how they offer accomodation.

full time
part time
volunteer
and another here or above volunteer.

Cool, thanks for pointing that out, I must have missed it.
Good news.

I ride Bikes

March 24, 2008, 3:31 a.m.

Here's the scoop on WB Staff this year:

_We are going to be full through until mid-August. From mid-August until the end of September we will be offering accommodations to non-WhistlerBlackcomb employees and will be offering the Play and Stay program also.

The best thing to do is have people call us at 604 938 7500 ext.1 [HTML_REMOVED]#8211; but we would ask that they contact us after May as we[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;re pretty flat out right now.

I[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;ll have prices ready during May. The accommodations we[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;ll be offering will be based at Glacier Park only._

I updated the front page.

March 26, 2008, 8:47 p.m.

so i'm confused, why does WBP suddenly hate locals and kick out everyone who was traditionally inclined to take up the staff housing? its a real bummer if ALL of the accomidation is going to be taken up for Crankworx, WSH is pretty much the only way I would have been able to afford racing.

still hoping for the best

March 27, 2008, 4:17 p.m.

If your looking accommodation a mate of mine runs a lodge in Whistler for people wanting to share accommodation. his website is http://www.peakviewlodge.com. I think it only has winter prices on it at the moment, but you could contact him for the summer prices. Its a great place, and you would be sharing with other riders as well.

April 27, 2008, 11:08 a.m.

If your looking accommodation a mate of mine runs a lodge in Whistler for people wanting to share accommodation. his website is http://www.peakviewlodge.com. I think it only has winter prices on it at the moment, but you could contact him for the summer prices. Its a great place, and you would be sharing with other riders as well.

You should probably mention its season long, not nightly.

May 29, 2008, 1:13 p.m.

I just spoke to the Whistler Blackcomb staff housing folks today. They said that the rate is $10/night for a small room (bunkbeds) and $13.25 for the larger room. Minimum stay is 2 weeks No reservations taken but they will hold a room for 24-48 hours.